Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Towing, Tow Vehicles & Hitches
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-30-2014, 05:32 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

Naples , Florida
Bike rack

Hi my name is Bob and we just bought a 2007 classic 27FB. We're avid bikers
and we bought a Arvika bike rack that sits over the propane tanks. Does anybody know of a bike cover that will hold up to all that wind. I looked on Amazon and the main complaint with their covers was they fall apart real fast. Also I was wondering why people don't carry their bikes inside the Airstream when traveling. Any info would be really appreciated.
hobbs1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 09:13 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2018 23' International
Currently Looking...
SANTA BARBARA , CA
Hi Hobbs1941.

I was just about to post the same question. We need a cover for the bikes on the back of our Interstate.

We're are going to be in Hood River and Portland soon, and hoping someone might know of someone up there that makes custom car/moto/bike covers...someone who works with those kinds of material that could whip us up a bike cover.

Long shot, I know...but maybe...anyone have any ideas??!!
weirdstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 09:24 AM   #3
Free Range Human

2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Currently Looking...
Haines , Oregon
I would look into the boat canvas businesses in your vicinities. Have a Sunbrella cover made, with padding/lining over any of the painted areas on the bikes. There is a special UV resistant thread that can be used, too. Consider things like zippers, and velcro tensioning straps.
Drathaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 09:43 AM   #4
Rivet Master

2008 23' Safari FB SE
Boulder , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbs1949 View Post
Hi my name is Bob and we just bought a 2007 classic 27FB. We're avid bikers
and we bought a Arvika bike rack that sits over the propane tanks. Does anybody know of a bike cover that will hold up to all that wind. I looked on Amazon and the main complaint with their covers was they fall apart real fast. Also I was wondering why people don't carry their bikes inside the Airstream when traveling. Any info would be really appreciated.
We have an avid cyclist in our family and she has a bike bag that sips over the bike and then we bungee it to the dining room table inside the trailer with a few pillows between the table and bike for protection. Works great. Easy to remove too if you want to sit down and have lunch.
bonginator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 10:14 AM   #5
Rivet Master

2018 23' International
Currently Looking...
SANTA BARBARA , CA
We have 4 bikes on a rear rack. So moving all inside not an option. Need a cover to cover all 4 bikes, and is secure (won't fly off!).
weirdstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 07:03 AM   #6
Rivet Master

1996 34' Excella
Elberta , Alabama
This may be a bit of subject, but I need some advice regarding a bike rack for our 30' 2001 Excella.
Ideally it would hold 2 bikes. Thanks in advance for the help.
Larry C
Larry C is offline   Reply With Quote