Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Towing, Tow Vehicles & Hitches
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-29-2018, 11:48 AM   #1
3 Rivet Member

2015 30' Classic
Saint Augustine , Florida
Barker tongue jack

My 2015 Classic came with a Barker jack. It recently died and went to jack heaven. I replaced it with a "ultra fab". I have an extra fiber gear that I kept as a back up. It's brand new. Unfortunately, I dumped the jack, so I don't have any records of the jack model no. The gear measures about 2-1/4 inches in diameter and is just shy of 3/8 inch thick. I'm sure somebody out there would like a back up gear that has one of these jacks. Free to a good home. Just pay the postage. First PM I get, gets the gear.
accordionman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 12:57 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1971 25' Tradewind
1993 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Estancia , New Mexico
I also have a Barker. Had it on my 71. Probably 10 years old. It still works but regularly blows fuses. I replaced it with an Ultra Fab. On my first trip out I noticed the weld attaching the tube to the mounting plate was cracked. It was a pretty cheesy weld and I had it rewelded. Overall the UF metal on the mounting plate and foot is a lot thinner.
Old 06-29-2018, 06:32 PM   #3
3 Rivet Member

2015 30' Classic
Saint Augustine , Florida
Well, it wouldn't have been my first choice, but I was stuck. The Barker quit on a Saturday and only thing open was Camper's World. That was the only thing that they had on the shelf. Hey, if it last's a couple of years...so be it; I'll replace it with something better.
accordionman is offline   Reply With Quote