Old 03-16-2012, 05:50 PM   #15
Rivet Master
2015 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Western , ** Big Sky Country ** Montana
We have the Masterlock camera ...magnetic mount / powered from flat trailer connector. It has suction cup and vent mounting options with power point 12vdc input. It worked great for connecting the AS and TV. Now with a TV built in BU camera, we planned to move it to the back of the trailer, but - alas - nothing up high to "stick" it to. So, I will velcro it inside the rear window and make a power adapter.

~~~~~~ mefly2 ~~~~~>>>
AIR 44105 /WBCCI - formerly 2015-1; Yamaha XT250
:>) ducts are now in a row w / 2015 ducted air :>)
* 2015 Duramax 2500 Diesel * Honda EU3000iS
<>2015 International LE Eddie Bauer FB25<>
mefly2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 10:35 PM   #16
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari
Fort Myers , Florida
Ok, update.
Got the 4UCam 3.6" LCD system as mentioned earlier in the post. It took much longer than expected to get the truck set up. I wired the license plate camera connecting it with zip ties and the 20' ext. along the bottom of the truck to the engine compartment where I hooked up the electric to the fuse box and mounted the transmitter on the driver's side wheel well. That put it very close to the LCD monitor. The signal looks great however, I do get momentary black screens every so often for about 2-3 seconds intermittently. It may only happen twice in five minutes but that is the only issue so far. The AS wiring is/was another story - still working on that one. The camera is inside mounted on an aluminum plate connected by the rear window. I am working on a way to pop open the emergency window and hang the camera out if needed on night backups for infrared clarity. The 20 foot extension got me to the credenza (I have the sofa floor plan) before I ran out of cable. So, I plan on experimenting with a mount on the wall (it would be behind the TV when not being towed) and we will see. That is, I figure, about an 18' distance to the LCD in the truck through both truck rear glass and trailer front window. We will see. I will keep you posted. That was my weekend!

rodsterinfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 03:40 AM   #17
Rivet Master
Vintage Kin Owner
Rockville , Maryland
Love to see a pic of your setup...

John "JFScheck" Scheck
2014 Itasca Solei 34T in Red Maple
Freightliner XCS Chassis with Cummins 6.7 ISB & Allison MH Transmission
**I Love U.S.A.**
JFScheck is offline   Reply With Quote