Old 12-19-2014, 10:36 AM   #71
Rivet Master

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
It wasn't an argument. It was an exchange of views. No further talks are scheduled.

I once knew the numbers to plug into Bob's math lesson, but it is all vague now plus I have developed the worst cold ever seen on this planet. A cold trumps thinking. I do know the tires are big enough to reach the ground.

Gene

Old 12-19-2014, 12:31 PM   #72
Rivet Master

2014 25' International
2006 23' Safari SE
Currently Looking...
Boulder City , Nevada
There is no shortage of steep asphalt in Colorado. Pick out a couple with the trailer in tow.

Find something that is equal or worse than the driveway you are concerned with. Back up and see how it works out. Getting up the drive way can be done using blocks to prevent the rear bumper from dragging. Probably a three foot danger zone for bumper drag....

We use the leveling blocks when we need them for extra clearance. Once you figure out what you need to keep the rear bumper from dragging, you can make a ramp that you pull out when you return. Looks like an easy 25 foot or shorter Airstream driveway. YOU CAN get the trailer up and down... it is just if you want to spend the time to do it. At the worst... it is a good excuse for why you are selling.

I would believe there would be more Airstream buyers on the West Coast than in Colorado. You could line up some interested potential buyers in Washington off of Craigslist and if you are not happy with what you need to do for clearance... there are happy potential owners looking for a late model AS like yours.

Old 12-19-2014, 01:55 PM   #73
Don't forget your cat nap

Port Orchard , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Eklund View Post
There is no shortage of steep asphalt in Colorado. Pick out a couple with the trailer in tow.

Find something that is equal or worse than the driveway you are concerned with. Back up and see how it works out. Getting up the drive way can be done using blocks to prevent the rear bumper from dragging. Probably a three foot danger zone for bumper drag....

We use the leveling blocks when we need them for extra clearance. Once you figure out what you need to keep the rear bumper from dragging, you can make a ramp that you pull out when you return. Looks like an easy 25 foot or shorter Airstream driveway. YOU CAN get the trailer up and down... it is just if you want to spend the time to do it. At the worst... it is a good excuse for why you are selling.

I would believe there would be more Airstream buyers on the West Coast than in Colorado. You could line up some interested potential buyers in Washington off of Craigslist and if you are not happy with what you need to do for clearance... there are happy potential owners looking for a late model AS like yours.
Thanks Ray, for the good ideas. Finding a similar hill around here is something that didn't occur to me. After some discussion, we have decided to take the trailer there with us and check out the options when we get there. I also have decided the market may be better on the west coast.

Ken
Old 12-19-2014, 02:33 PM   #74
Rivet Master

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
I have just the driveway you need, only 250 short miles west. I'd love to take photos of this. I will need proof of insurance and you'll have to stay away from the well head.

Gene