Old 05-21-2015, 10:16 PM   #1
Rivet Master
2016 30' International
Scottsdale , Arizona
Anyone using SwayPro hitch with 30' Airstream?

Just curious to get some feedback on how thew Blue Ox SwayPro hitch is working out for you with the 30' Airstream.

And, what sway bar specification you have found suitable for the 30' Airstream model?

Seems to me to be a solid design and high quality, with excellent features.

I like the ability to back-up with the sway bars connected and the quiet-running design. And the price is right, as well.

Your thoughts for use with a 30' AS?

DHart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 06:02 AM   #2
2014 27' Flying Cloud
Bushnell , Florida

I can share about using a Blue-Ox on our rig for the first 6 months we owned it - an F150 2wd crew towing our Pete, a 2014 Flying Cloud 27fb. The hitch did what it was supposed to do - avoided sway, weight-distribution, etc. My only complaint was a bit of "tail wag" when the bow wave of a big rig pushed past us on the interstate. I never felt out of control, but every passing required mild steering input to keep us straight.

We used a Blue Ox BX1000 (1000 lb bars). If I realized when I bought the hitch that the fb could easily have a 1000-1200 lb hitch weight, I might have gone with 1200 lb bars. Blue Ox wants a "bend" or "bow" or "arch" in the bars when set to ensure proper weight distribution and sway control, as they are tapered and designed that way. When I setup the Blue Ox on our coach, I was able to return the truck front fender height to within 1/2" of unloaded height and the rear to within an inch of unloaded height, dropping 7 links and hanging link 8 on the rotating bracket connection.

The Blue Ox is clean, quiet, and does everything pretty well for a comfortable purchase price. Take your time, review your measurements and settings, read and re-read the Blue Ox book and dial it in carefully, and I bet for the price of entry you would be pleased with that hitch.

The combo towed well, although when I found a super deal on a used PPP hitch I upgraded (and couldn't be happier). I did move the Blue Ox to my equipment trailer though, and it never towed so well!
ShinyPete is offline   Reply With Quote