Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Towing, Tow Vehicles & Hitches
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-06-2012, 09:59 PM   #21
More than one rivet loose

Currently Looking...
Los Alamos , New Mexico
I am looking in the 24ft Range. I do expect it to be more spartan than the AS but if it what I need then that is the way I will go.

Looking for a 1962 Flying Cloud

thecatsandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 01:48 AM   #22
Very american 4 a french

1971 27' Overlander
DUNKERQUE / FRANCE , Nord
I 'm used to carry my Harley Davidson Héritage softail in the bed of my F150 and towing my 27' overlander to go in the south of France, each year .
Sure it a heavy rig but that the only way to take HD and A/S together.
May be owning a Panamerica Airstream should solve the problem but HD is certainly to heavy for that....
brunoffrance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 10:12 AM   #23
Rivet Master

1988 32' Excella
Robbinsville , New Jersey
I don't have any personal experience with them but VRV trailers look pretty nice for toy haulers. Plus unlike Airstream they are all aluminum and about half the price new.

VRV Cargo and Camping Trailer for ATV, Motorcycles, Quads, GoCarts and much more
Wazbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 10:34 AM   #24
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
There was a picture floating on this forum a few years ago. Man had a semi with a flat bed, and a Smart Car tucked up sideways, followed by a big towed trailer. That kind of rig would accommodate two motorcycles.

Paula
Old 06-07-2012, 11:06 AM   #25
Rivet Master

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Sunnyvale , California
Send a message via AIM to Condoluminum
Not sure what your tow vehicle is, but I have a friend who full-times in a 34' Airstream towed by a Chevy Duramax Pickup truck.. He discovered there are sources for "Extra Tall" Pickup Shells, and he travels with a Harley FatBoy <Heavy..> in the bed of the pickup, protected by the locking camper shell.. He took motorcycle dealer advice and bought the wide fold-down ramp for easy in and out, and has enjoyed combo for years.. Won't work for SUV-types like Suburbans or Yukons or Excursions, but that is a viable option for trucks with beds... Still lots of storage room beside bike in bed area, also protected by shell...

In Theory, there's no difference between Theory and Practice, but in Practice, there is usually a difference...
Condoluminum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 12:41 PM   #26
3 Rivet Member

2010 28' International
Richmond Hill , Georgia
What I dislike about the toy haulers in general is the higher CG...my own "toy" hauler is actually a 24 Ft Pace with 5200 lb axles and bunks that fold down but nice bath, refrig. Cabinets, etc. ATC and other aluminum trailer companies make very nice ones and offer low weight but much better construction than others. With living quarter packages they are extremely nice and face it, who doesn't like having their own little garage right there where they have the bike. Plus you can haul more then one bike...
jmcarter is offline   Reply With Quote