Old 04-01-2017, 02:51 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

2017 22' Sport
Aptos , California
Talking Advise Needed Please

Well I need sum advise. I just got a 1978 31” Sovereign in orignol condishon. I been wanten one of these since we uz kids. The owner passed last month so I couldn’t talk to him, unless we did a sayance I guess. His mother inlaw showed us the traler and had some attorney powers she said, to sellit to me for cash. I put some other plates from my utilty traler on it for driven home, since she said they didnt have no title for it and I could just ask the motor vehicule people to make a new one. I dont think there will be no problem with that since its so old. There wasnt any power there to test the systems but she said me that everything was in working condishon. I got a tail light working by running a wire from the tail light of my car around the outside of the traler and used plenty of duck tape to hold it. Purty smart huh? Worked great, but didnt have no way to test the brakes and I just did the brakes on my car last summer so I figured it was proly okay. My car is a sweat 1974 Ford Ranchero with a 351 Clevaland. I got headers for more power so shell tow better. I got a purty stout bumper hitch that towed other utility and lawnmower tralers before with no problem. The traler hitch seemed kinda big for my ball, which is a 1 7/8” I think, but the weight of the traler seemed heavy enough to hold it onto my hitch. I couldn’t figure out how to connect the spare chains that were on the traler- I’m not sure what they do really. So my drive home was going to take about 4 hours, I thought since thats what it took to git there, although I did get lost a couple of times. The traler was way back off the road (I think I heard banjo music comin from up there) and we bottomed out a few times gettin down to the highway. I herd some noises but I figured if she was still rollin, I was good. I think them chains got hung up on some bushes- I will git my torch out if in I ever get er home and cut those suckers off when I have time. When we got rollin she done pretty good but there was a lot of oversteeren and my arms got reel tired. I may try to git power steerin put on the car for the future but depends on how much Wilber wants to charge me. The tail end of the traler was whuppin around like my coon dog’s tail does when he gits excited about squrrils. I had to oversteer the wheel back and forth to counteract the traler but it kinda leveled out. But I counldnt go over about what felt like 30, cause my speedometer broke before I even bought this car. We pulled over after a while and decided to sleep in the traler cause we were so tired and the car windows dowt roll down too good and gets reel stuffy in there after to long. I need to git cranks in Wilbers junkyard. Anyway we went in the traler and dont you know we didn’t have no flashlights but I felt around and got on the couch. My buddy, Jim took the bed in the back. I fell asleep pretty quick but woke up when Jim started hollerin and carryin on and ran out the traler. I felt kinda sick cause it was so musty in there I raan out too. He was yelling about bein ate up by something, so I got him in front of the headlights of the Ranchero and he was ate up something awful! His eyes were swollt almost shut and face all puffy and arms all red and bitten up. What kinda bugs would do that inside a house traler? I never seed such a thing. We was dancin around in the lights deciden to drive on or not and up pulls jonny law. I werent too nervous cause I did have current metel tags for the traler. He wants my registraten and gets all bossy and then walks around shinin his bright lite on the hitch and everythin and sees that were about one inch clerance from the pavement on the Ranchero. I thought she was sitten kinda higher in the front. Well he says we gotta git wayed by some highway wayer. Have any yall ever herd such a thing? I never did. He made me stand out there for hours till the sun come up and got these pad things under my wheels. Comes out that we was overwayed! I never belived him at all. Them Airstreems are supposd to be reel light wayed right? It comed out to about three thousand to have it taken back from the emponded lot where they towed it to. Plus they never gaven me back my utilty plates! So should I pay this kinda steep price to geter back and geter home? I already spent most all my savings on buyin her.
Attached Images

Old 04-01-2017, 02:54 PM   #2
3 Rivet Member

2017 22' Sport
Aptos , California
Advise Follow up

APRILS FOOLS!