Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 09-02-2016, 05:18 PM   #21
2 Rivet Member
 
2005 30' Safari
Taylors , South Carolina
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 41
Ford had a promotional exhibit at the Hendersonville, NC Apple Festival. Got to test drive and check three models out. I am IN LOVE with the F250 diesel with the King Ranch trim! Man that thing is beautiful! Got to test out the trailer camera, being an inexperienced tower this thing was gold in my eyes. The four cameras will simultaneously run and the computer will piece the video together to give you a complete overhead view of your entire rig. There were many camera features, I was truck lusting too much to really get all the technical info. Thing was awesome! I think my wife is sold on it to as the back seat has an additional 4 inches of leg room compared to the previous models...enough room for us to fit our growing baby girls and their carseats. She also noted how quiet the diesel engine was, the noise and smell has always been a turnoff for her.

We have 20 entries into the drawing for a new one to be announced at the beginning of the new year...a man can dream can't he? Until then we'll keep saving our dollars and wait a few years until the kinks and price work themselves out. For now we're more than content with our paid for '05 Ford Excursion

https://www.instagram.com/p/BJLsikIg...-by=russtoleum
__________________

Mortland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 06:11 PM   #22
Rivet Master
 
Alphonse's Avatar

 
2010 28' Flying Cloud
Lower Alabama , USA
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naper View Post
Not sure what you are referring to. I had no issues with my 2012 The 6.7 was a new Ford designed and built engine in 2011.
Use Mr. Google, search and read on. 2011 engine was modified later as well, turbo layout was changed. Look at DPF regeneration and issues created. Search for Technical Service Bulletins and the like.
__________________

__________________
Alan
"If you must choose between two evils, pick the one you never tried before!"

Air #64439
Southeastern Camping Unit WBCCI #5033
TAC AL-8
2019 Canopenian
Alphonse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 05:14 AM   #23
Rivet Master
 
Naper's Avatar
 
2017 30' Classic
Loretto , Ontario
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 507
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphonse View Post
Use Mr. Google, search and read on. 2011 engine was modified later as well, turbo layout was changed. Look at DPF regeneration and issues created. Search for Technical Service Bulletins and the like.
Show me a truck (or anything else) that doesn't have some kind of negativity on Google. I love the ones that start off "My sisters boyfriends uncles next door neighbour has one and its the worst thing he has ever owned, so bad he stopped making the payments" I don't know what you have but I am sure there is bad stuff on the internet about it. If there isn't let me know cause I want one.
I can only tell you about my personal experience with my 2012 F250 6.7 Powerstroke. It was everything I wanted it to be, I had ZERO problems. 200,000 km 1 set of brakes 1 set of tires plus regular maintenance thats it. I think the true test to customer satisfaction is if they buy another one and I did. Just took delivery of a 2017 F250 6.7 Powerstroke
Naper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 03:31 PM   #24
Rivet Master

 
2015 27' Flying Cloud
Portland , Oregon
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 548
Send a message via AIM to hhendrix Send a message via Yahoo to hhendrix
Quote:
Originally Posted by naper View Post
show me a truck (or anything else) that doesn't have some kind of negativity on google. I love the ones that start off "my sisters boyfriends uncles next door neighbour has one and its the worst thing he has ever owned, so bad he stopped making the payments" i don't know what you have but i am sure there is bad stuff on the internet about it. If there isn't let me know cause i want one.
I can only tell you about my personal experience with my 2012 f250 6.7 powerstroke. It was everything i wanted it to be, i had zero problems. 200,000 km 1 set of brakes 1 set of tires plus regular maintenance thats it. I think the true test to customer satisfaction is if they buy another one and i did. Just took delivery of a 2017 f250 6.7 powerstroke

+100
__________________
The ability to follow instructions is highly underrated.
hhendrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 06:55 AM   #25
Rivet Master
 
Alphonse's Avatar

 
2010 28' Flying Cloud
Lower Alabama , USA
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naper View Post
Show me a truck (or anything else) that doesn't have some kind of negativity on Google. I love the ones that start off "My sisters boyfriends uncles next door neighbour has one and its the worst thing he has ever owned, so bad he stopped making the payments" I don't know what you have but I am sure there is bad stuff on the internet about it. If there isn't let me know cause I want one.
I can only tell you about my personal experience with my 2012 F250 6.7 Powerstroke. It was everything I wanted it to be, I had ZERO problems. 200,000 km 1 set of brakes 1 set of tires plus regular maintenance thats it. I think the true test to customer satisfaction is if they buy another one and I did. Just took delivery of a 2017 F250 6.7 Powerstroke
Glad all is well for you.

I personally do not call issuance of a technical service bulletin by Ford internet lore.
__________________
Alan
"If you must choose between two evils, pick the one you never tried before!"

Air #64439
Southeastern Camping Unit WBCCI #5033
TAC AL-8
2019 Canopenian
Alphonse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 09:58 PM   #26
Rivet Master
 
pappy19's Avatar
 
2002 30' Classic S/O
Garden Valley , Idaho
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,562
Well folks, if you get a copy of the October issue of Trailer Life, the article on the new 2017 Ford Super Duty will knock your socks off. Even the editor that just bought a Ram says he made a mistake, in so many words. There are so many cool new features on the 2017 Super Duty, the article couldn't cover all of them. That being said, it is a very thorough discussion of the major features. If any one is thinking of a new diesel pickup, look no further than a Ford Super Duty for the ultimate tow truck.
__________________
2008 F-250 4X4 Lariat V-10
2002 Airstream Classic 30' w/SO #2074
2007 Kubota 900 RTV
1996 Ford Bronco
2007 Lincoln LT
pappy19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 10:02 PM   #27
Rivet Master
 
pappy19's Avatar
 
2002 30' Classic S/O
Garden Valley , Idaho
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,562
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphonse View Post
Use Mr. Google, search and read on. 2011 engine was modified later as well, turbo layout was changed. Look at DPF regeneration and issues created. Search for Technical Service Bulletins and the like.
Well, then look at the TSB's on the Dodge Cummins and Chevy regen soot box debacle. Thanks to the EPA, all of the diesel engines had major issues and that's why everyone went with a urea injection system. That is why all of the diesel pickup engine manufacturing companies are using that system today, so it wasn't just Ford engines.
pappy19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 08:58 PM   #28
Rivet Master
 
2017 30' Classic
Anna Maria , Florida
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 1,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by pappy19 View Post
Well folks, if you get a copy of the October issue of Trailer Life, the article on the new 2017 Ford Super Duty will knock your socks off. Even the editor that just bought a Ram says he made a mistake, in so many words. There are so many cool new features on the 2017 Super Duty, the article couldn't cover all of them. That being said, it is a very thorough discussion of the major features. If any one is thinking of a new diesel pickup, look no further than a Ford Super Duty for the ultimate tow truck.
We just signed the order and paid the deposit on an order for a 2017 F-250 Super Duty Diesel, Crew Cab, Lariat Ultimate in Ingot Silver to match the AS. We could have gotten a much better deal on a 2016 however considering the major improvements and the improved styling of the 2017 it didn't make any sense.
franklyfrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 11:04 PM   #29
3 Rivet Member
 
TheDuke's Avatar
 
2016 30' Classic
The Beautiful Mountains Of Southwest , Virginia
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 228
Images: 68
440 HP and 925 ft.lbs of Torque!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappy19 View Post
If anyone is thinking of buying a close out 2016, wait until you drive a 2017. There are too many new and exciting options in the new Super Duty for me to list here. Go on the Ford truck web site for the real skinny. One of the best new options is the 48 gallon tank for both diesel and gas. The diesel also has an 11 gallon urea tank. The new electronics are absurd and estimated 450hp and 1000lbs of torque will blow the tires off your AS. I am not a diesel guy any more, but if I was, the 2017 is way above bad ass.
Horsepower stayed the same as 15 and 16 MY at 440. Torque Went up from 860 for 15 and 16 MY to 925! Since Ram jumped ahead last year at 900 ft.lbs of Torque, Ford had to jump back ahead by 25....for now. Ram and Ford are both trying to reach the "magical" number of 1000 ft.lbs first. GM seems content to let them go at it, oddly enough?
__________________
"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them." John Wayne - "JB Books" 1976.
TheDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 05:29 AM   #30
Rivet Master
 
Currently Looking...
Gainesville , Florida
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 7,055
Blog Entries: 2
When I buy a new truck I get one with as few geegaws as possible. All the electronic junk is unnecessary. If I wanted a car I would buy one, but I wanted a truck, a truck, a truck. No power windows, no power door locks, no cruise control, no jake brake, no navigation system, all junk. Yea, I know, I'm outatouch. Ignorance is bliss.
xrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 09:53 AM   #31
Rivet Master
 
2017 30' Classic
Anna Maria , Florida
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 1,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by avionstream View Post
When I buy a new truck I get one with as few geegaws as possible. All the electronic junk is unnecessary. If I wanted a car I would buy one, but I wanted a truck, a truck, a truck. No power windows, no power door locks, no cruise control, no jake brake, no navigation system, all junk. Yea, I know, I'm outatouch. Ignorance is bliss.

You sound just like my brotherinlaw , a total minimalist. Doesn't even bother to cook , he survives on canned food and uses paper plates.
franklyfrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 01:10 PM   #32
2 Rivet Member
 
2016 28' International
San Marcos , California
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by avionstream View Post
When I buy a new truck I get one with as few geegaws as possible. All the electronic junk is unnecessary. If I wanted a car I would buy one, but I wanted a truck, a truck, a truck. No power windows, no power door locks, no cruise control, no jake brake, no navigation system, all junk. Yea, I know, I'm outatouch. Ignorance is bliss.
If you have any modern'ish car you have a bunch of computers, transmission, ECU, HVAC among others all are electronically controlled.

I will think about you as my truck automatically applies the brakes while simultaneously massaging my butt. (Both are actual features on the new Super Duty's)
Mgieselman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 08:02 AM   #33
Rivet Master
 
2017 30' Classic
Anna Maria , Florida
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 1,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgieselman View Post
If you have any modern'ish car you have a bunch of computers, transmission, ECU, HVAC among others all are electronically controlled.

I will think about you as my truck automatically applies the brakes while simultaneously massaging my butt. (Both are actual features on the new Super Duty's)

Yes those good old simple cars. Needed new plugs, rotors etc. every 10,000 miles. Had to pull the heads every 25/30 K miles and new set of tires too.
I just installed new set of plugs after 80k miles on my 2012 F-150.
The truth is modern cars are more complicated and can't be taken care of by us old gear heads in the alley. However they are far more reliable and enjoyable.
franklyfrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 12:48 PM   #34
4 Rivet Member
 
2014 27' Flying Cloud
Wenatchee , Washington
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 251
... and newer engines pollute less. Pull up behind an old truck (gas or diesel) and you'll see (& smell) what I mean.


Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums
__________________
2012 Ram 3500 CTD 4X4 pickup
2014 Airstream Flying Cloud 27FB
WBCCI #7180
21Airstream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 10:46 AM   #35
Full time Airstreamer
 
SCOTTinNJ's Avatar
 
2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Anywhere , USA Living.Somewhere.Yonder
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 1,352
Anyone have real world mpg figures for the 6.2 or 6.7 yet?
__________________
@living.somewhere.yonder | Instagram
SCOTTinNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 02:25 PM   #36
Rivet Master
 
2012 19' International
Southeastern MI , Michigan
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 1,996
Quote:
Originally Posted by franklyfrank View Post
Yes those good old simple cars. Needed new plugs, rotors etc. every 10,000 miles. Had to pull the heads every 25/30 K miles and new set of tires too.
I just installed new set of plugs after 80k miles on my 2012 F-150.
The truth is modern cars are more complicated and can't be taken care of by us old gear heads in the alley. However they are far more reliable and enjoyable.
If you're tuning up every 10,000 miles there's a problem. I've had flatheads run for years on a set of points. Plugs went quickly because of lead. I run unleaded in my flathead and FE block (332 Thunderbird motor) and never touch the plugs. At least I can get them out without breaking them when necessary. My 1950 just turned 52,000 miles and I did head gaskets in 4 hours just to get a look at the cylinder walls and valves which were like new. Try that with a new one!
Attached Images
 
__________________
2018 International Serenity 27' FB
Michelin 16 tires
Hensley Arrow hitch

Tow Vehicle: Ram Laramie 2500 crew cab, Cummins 6.7 Turbodiesel
Countryboy59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 02:27 PM   #37
Rivet Master
 
2012 19' International
Southeastern MI , Michigan
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 1,996
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTTinNJ View Post
Anyone have real world mpg figures for the 6.2 or 6.7 yet?
My F-350 6.2 gas gets 13.5 to 14.5 combined highway and city. I drive like an adult not a jackass like some folks I've seen with these trucks and I think that's why I get the mileage I do. I get 9.0 towing my 19 Serenity at 70 mph.
__________________
2018 International Serenity 27' FB
Michelin 16 tires
Hensley Arrow hitch

Tow Vehicle: Ram Laramie 2500 crew cab, Cummins 6.7 Turbodiesel
Countryboy59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 02:55 PM   #38
Full time Airstreamer
 
SCOTTinNJ's Avatar
 
2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Anywhere , USA Living.Somewhere.Yonder
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 1,352
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countryboy59 View Post
My F-350 6.2 gas gets 13.5 to 14.5 combined highway and city. I drive like an adult not a jackass like some folks I've seen with these trucks and I think that's why I get the mileage I do. I get 9.0 towing my 19 Serenity at 70 mph.
Thanks. What's the best you can get on the highway without the trailer? Can you approach 16-18?
__________________
@living.somewhere.yonder | Instagram
SCOTTinNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 03:47 PM   #39
Rivet Master
 
2012 19' International
Southeastern MI , Michigan
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 1,996
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTTinNJ View Post
Thanks. What's the best you can get on the highway without the trailer? Can you approach 16-18?
Lol no way.
__________________
2018 International Serenity 27' FB
Michelin 16 tires
Hensley Arrow hitch

Tow Vehicle: Ram Laramie 2500 crew cab, Cummins 6.7 Turbodiesel
Countryboy59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 07:31 PM   #40
Full time Airstreamer
 
SCOTTinNJ's Avatar
 
2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Anywhere , USA Living.Somewhere.Yonder
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 1,352
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countryboy59 View Post
Lol no way.
Wow. I thought maybe. Not even if you reset at speed and just stay there?

I can squeeze 21 out of my 2012 f150 with the 5.0.
__________________

__________________
@living.somewhere.yonder | Instagram
SCOTTinNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Has anyone driven the 2017 Ford Super Duty yet ? MOS Tow Vehicles 10 08-25-2016 02:13 PM
2017 Ford Super Duty paiceman Tow Vehicles 13 08-07-2016 08:37 PM
2017 Ford Super Duty Review pappy19 Tow Vehicles 15 03-06-2016 05:59 PM
New 2008 Ford Super Duty Pick Ups TomR Tow Vehicles 27 11-20-2006 11:06 PM


Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by the Airstream, Inc. or any of its affiliates. Airstream is a registered trademark of Airstream Inc. All rights reserved. Airstream trademark used under license to Social Knowledge LLC.



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:44 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
×