Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 10-23-2017, 09:15 AM   #181
Rivet Master
 
crispyboy's Avatar
 
1994 30' Excella
alexandria , Kentucky
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 1,964
Images: 3
sbowman,
I think it is more about thread posting etiquette. Most all threads wander around a little bit but when folks discuss trucks, hitches, tires on this or many other forums they can get a little touchy. Don't sweat it. Sometimes what one has to say is best posted in a different thread. Good to hear your tow vehicle is working out for you.
Keep your signature as it helps thread readers understand the perspective of your thoughts or opinion.
__________________

__________________
Steve, Christy, Anna and Phoebe (Border Collie)
1994 Classic 30'11" Excella - rear twin
2009 Dodge 2500, 6 Speed Auto, CTD, Quad Cab, Short Bed
Hensley Arrow hitch with adjustable stinger
WBCCI # 3072
crispyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 07:36 PM   #182
2 Rivet Member
 
2017 26' Flying Cloud
Zionsville , Indiana
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 52
2017 Ford Super Duty

Added Timbren bump stops all around and replaced all shocks with Rancho 9000XLs. Wow. Rides like a different truck. The front Timbrens made a huge difference even on the old factory crap shocks. They ride in full contact with the arm even without a front load and make the steering feel more controlled. 2017 CC 4WD 6.7L PSD.
__________________

DRPREECE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 09:27 PM   #183
2 Rivet Member
 
2005 28' Classic
Nicholasville , Kentucky
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 31
F-250 Super Duty ďAirstream EditionĒ

This is my third Ford diesel truck, past truck was a 2003 with 6.0 crew with long bed purchased new and I was the only driver for the 175K never had a issue. Sold it for this new 2017 two tone Ingot silver and grey Lariat with extras. I have installed the TPMS and this is working great, going to install the camera this coming week. Pulled my 05 28í Classic like itís not back there.

Iím a long time Ford guy, I have 3 old Mustangs, one new Boss
302 and a 97 F-450 7.3 with 275K. Most vehicals will have a lemon in them, no matter what the logo is on the fender! However itís the maintenance and driving records that will keep any brand on the road longer with carefree miles.

This is a great forum and only my 4th post, learning a lot about the passion about this Airstream brand...even these will have a lemon of issues, Iím learning that too. Anything that is man made will sooner or later need a repair. My father was a Ford mechanic, just lost him at 79 this August.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	9B490D59-4E42-497F-9511-37EBC788BC05.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	357.4 KB
ID:	298057  
KYShelby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 09:49 PM   #184
Rivet Master
 
Hans627's Avatar

 
2009 25' FB International
2018 27' Globetrotter
Hanover , Pennsylvania
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 1,596
Quote:
Originally Posted by KYShelby View Post
This is my third Ford diesel truck, past truck was a 2003 with 6.0 crew with long bed purchased new and I was the only driver for the 175K never had a issue. Sold it for this new 2017 two tone Ingot silver and grey Lariat with extras. I have installed the TPMS and this is working great, going to install the camera this coming week. Pulled my 05 28í Classic like itís not back there.

Iím a long time Ford guy, I have 3 old Mustangs, one new Boss
302 and a 97 F-450 7.3 with 275K. Most vehicals will have a lemon in them, no matter what the logo is on the fender! However itís the maintenance and driving records that will keep any brand on the road longer with carefree miles.

This is a great forum and only my 4th post, learning a lot about the passion about this Airstream brand...even these will have a lemon of issues, Iím learning that too. Anything that is man made will sooner or later need a repair. My father was a Ford mechanic, just lost him at 79 this August.
Ford makes great trucks! I have a RAM 1500. It's also a great truck! It's great to have choices!

Not to hijack the thread but I'm so sorry that you lost your father recently!
Hans627 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 10:45 PM   #185
Rivet Master
 
pappy19's Avatar
 
2002 30' Classic S/O
Garden Valley , Idaho
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,562
Ram trucks suck. Their starters, front ends, brakes and frames are terrible. Their transmissions continually "hunt" for a gear. I was in a neighbour's Ram and his door panel sounded like it was going to fall off. All you Ram dudes that linger on Ford threads, are just Ford wantabe's and sorry because you bought a Ram instead of a Ford. I am sorry for you.
__________________
2008 F-250 4X4 Lariat V-10
2002 Airstream Classic 30' w/SO #2074
2007 Kubota 900 RTV
1996 Ford Bronco
2007 Lincoln LT
pappy19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 06:00 AM   #186
Rivet Master
 
tjdonahoe's Avatar
 
2013 31' Classic
billings , Montana
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 2,448
Quote:
Originally Posted by pappy19 View Post
Ram trucks suck. Their starters, front ends, brakes and frames are terrible. Their transmissions continually "hunt" for a gear. I was in a neighbour's Ram and his door panel sounded like it was going to fall off. All you Ram dudes that linger on Ford threads, are just Ford wantabe's and sorry because you bought a Ram instead of a Ford. I am sorry for you.
Yep who had that costly 6 liter? I used to have fords, owned a lot of them, even the LT 9000's , My last ram had 10 years and 110,000 miles in front of an as...never been in the shop...my 17 feels good also....you should go to a shop that works on fords.....you aren't going to tell me anything...:
tjdonahoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 07:12 PM   #187
2 Rivet Member
 
2019 30' International
Estero , Florida
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 31
I just got a 2017 F250 Lariat, it is completely awesome. Use it to pull a 2016 27FB International Signature. Going to lose the weight distribution ball as well.
KariRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 08:18 AM   #188
2 Rivet Member
 
2017 19' International
2018 27' Globetrotter
Boise , Idaho
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 23
I recently sold our 1500 Ram that we pulled our 19' int'l Serenity with. We ordered a new Globetrotter for March delivery and upgraded our TV to a new F250 Platinum. Never been a Ford guy but absolutely adore this truck, simply amazing and cannot wait to hook up to the new GT.
Mniba1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 10:10 AM   #189
Rivet Master
 
gypsydad's Avatar

 
2017 28' Flying Cloud
2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
2008 25' Safari FB SE
Austin (winter) Lincoln MT (summer) , Texas & Montana
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 2,944
We are very happy with our F250 pulling our 28'. The technology today in these TV's is unreal. Not sure if you got the 6.7L diesel, but the automatic engine braking and tow haul features when engaged, are a real great addition to pulling an AS. We have 24K miles now since June when we purchased both the F250 and a week later picked up the new 28'. The AS has 13K miles and has been all over the NorthWestern Rockies....great combination.
__________________
Empty Nesters; Gypsies on the road!
2017 28' Twin Flying Cloud
2017 F250 King Ranch, 4X4, Blue-Ox WDH
Summer in Lincoln, MT- Winter in Austin, TX
gypsydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 04:31 PM   #190
3 Rivet Member
 
2017 30' Flying Cloud
Pleasant City , Ohio
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by pappy19 View Post
Ram trucks suck. Their starters, front ends, brakes and frames are terrible. Their transmissions continually "hunt" for a gear. I was in a neighbour's Ram and his door panel sounded like it was going to fall off. All you Ram dudes that linger on Ford threads, are just Ford wantabe's and sorry because you bought a Ram instead of a Ford. I am sorry for you.


Someone needs a timeout!
KCCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 05:26 PM   #191
Rivet Master
 
2012 19' International
Southeastern MI , Michigan
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 2,018
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjdonahoe View Post
Yep who had that costly 6 liter? I used to have fords, owned a lot of them, even the LT 9000's , My last ram had 10 years and 110,000 miles in front of an as...never been in the shop...my 17 feels good also....you should go to a shop that works on fords.....you aren't going to tell me anything...:
Timeout room is filling up fast!
Countryboy59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 06:38 PM   #192
3 Rivet Member
 
2017 30' Flying Cloud
Pleasant City , Ohio
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countryboy59 View Post
Timeout room is filling up fast!


Haha
KCCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 09:03 PM   #193
Dazed and Confused
 
Isuzusweet's Avatar

 
Currently Looking...
1983 31' Airstream310
Hillsburgh , Ontario
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 3,674
Not trying to piss on anyone's cornflakes, but is a truck, still a truck, if it has the words "Platinum", "Denali" or "Longhorn" plastered all over it? Some of these high zoot trucks have so many bells and whistles on board it cuts the payload down to a wheelbarrow load.

Sorry, but I'm a Toyota Landcruiser pick up fan; roll down windows, no power locks, straight six diesel and a 1 ton payload capacity.

Cheers
Tony
__________________
Per Mare, Per Terram and may all your campaigns be successful.

ďItís a recession when your neighbor loses his job; itís a depression when you lose your own.Ē "Harry S Truman"
Isuzusweet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 10:31 PM   #194
Rivet Master
 
1977 Argosy 24
Currently Looking...
Milltown , Wisconsin
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,079
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isuzusweet View Post

Sorry, but I'm a Toyota Landcruiser pick up fan; roll down windows, no power locks, straight six diesel and a 1 ton payload capacity.

Cheers
Tony
Bet you still have a corded phone at home too.
ventport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 05:29 AM   #195
Dazed and Confused
 
Isuzusweet's Avatar

 
Currently Looking...
1983 31' Airstream310
Hillsburgh , Ontario
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 3,674
Quote:
Originally Posted by ventport View Post
Bet you still have a corded phone at home too.
Nope, totally high tech in that area.

Just love old tech in others.

The 5.8l Isuzu turbo diesel in my 310 is a true three wire, gear driven fuel pump diesel; if it lights up and has fuel, it will stay running until I tell it not too.

Cheers
Tony
__________________
Per Mare, Per Terram and may all your campaigns be successful.

ďItís a recession when your neighbor loses his job; itís a depression when you lose your own.Ē "Harry S Truman"
Isuzusweet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 08:08 AM   #196
Half a Rivet Short
 
2017 30' Classic
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 8,228
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isuzusweet View Post
Not trying to piss on anyone's cornflakes, but is a truck, still a truck, if it has the words "Platinum", "Denali" or "Longhorn" plastered all over it? Some of these high zoot trucks have so many bells and whistles on board it cuts the payload down to a wheelbarrow load.

Sorry, but I'm a Toyota Landcruiser pick up fan; roll down windows, no power locks, straight six diesel and a 1 ton payload capacity.

Cheers
Tony
Hi

My truck has Platinum on it and it comes in at 1.5 tons payload on the sticker.

Bob
uncle_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 10:30 AM   #197
4 Rivet Member
 
sbowman's Avatar
 
1972 31' Excella 500
2017 30' Classic
Grapeview , Washington
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 451
Old School thoughts

Yes the new trucks are amazing, no matter the make. However there is something to be said for old school trucks and/or vehicles for that matter. When short fat "Rocket Man" or for that matter some other nut job decides to do the Electro-magnetic pulse blast, old school will still work. Never hurts to have a back up plan.

Safe Travels
__________________
Scott & Liz
2017 Classic
2016 RAM 3500 6.7
sbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 03:29 PM   #198
3 Rivet Member
 
billymyers56's Avatar
 
2016 28' Pendleton
Commerce , Texas
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 137
I have a 2017 King Ranch. The best tie vehicle ever.
billymyers56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 03:58 PM   #199
4 Rivet Member
 
2013 28' International
Bozeman , Montana
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 465
Images: 3
The good old days with vehicles weren’t that good. Lots of breakdowns, short tire life, changing plugs, points, condensers on a regular basis.

I love having heated and cooled seats that message my rear, a warm steering wheel when it is cold, a pano moonroof to look up at the mountains, camera systems that make it easier to hitch and to park, LED headlights that make it easier to see at night, cleaner burning and quieter engines, on and on.

I’ll take the new tech any day of the week and put up with some of the reliability and serviceability issues any day over the so called good old days.
HeadWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 07:17 PM   #200
Dazed and Confused
 
Isuzusweet's Avatar

 
Currently Looking...
1983 31' Airstream310
Hillsburgh , Ontario
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 3,674
Plugs? Points? Condensers? Breakdowns?
I don't have any of these on my 310.

I lied, 😳 I do have glow plugs, but the Isuzu is so tight that I only need to use them at temps of 40F and below.
__________________

__________________
Per Mare, Per Terram and may all your campaigns be successful.

ďItís a recession when your neighbor loses his job; itís a depression when you lose your own.Ē "Harry S Truman"
Isuzusweet is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Has anyone driven the 2017 Ford Super Duty yet ? MOS Tow Vehicles 10 08-25-2016 03:13 PM
2017 Ford Super Duty paiceman Tow Vehicles 13 08-07-2016 09:37 PM
2017 Ford Super Duty Review pappy19 Tow Vehicles 15 03-06-2016 06:59 PM
New 2008 Ford Super Duty Pick Ups TomR Tow Vehicles 27 11-21-2006 12:06 AM


Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by the Airstream, Inc. or any of its affiliates. Airstream is a registered trademark of Airstream Inc. All rights reserved. Airstream trademark used under license to Social Knowledge LLC.



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:25 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
×