Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Safari > 2000 - 2004 Safari
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-14-2018, 10:43 AM   #1
Rivet Master

2002 25' Safari
Fountain Inn , South Carolina
2002 Safari 25 Longterm Report

I am posting this to give folks looking at used Airstreams a data point. We bought a well worn 2002 Safari 25 in 2011. Seven years of ownership next month and 40,000 miles of traveling with it. I can't really think of anytime the trailer has let us down since we completed the initial repairs. The original axles are still good. All the hardware and hinges have been problem free. No electrical problems. Minimal corrosion issues. I run 15" Michelin LTX P rated tires at 45 psi. Tanks and drain valves have been problem free. If my 02 Safari was lost, I would replace it with another 02 Safari 25.

It needed a number of upgrades and repairs when we bought it. Like I said, it was well worn and the selling price reflected the well worn condition. The list included: brakes, tires, floor covering, water heater, resealing of outside seams, batteries, some minor sub-floor repairs, and general cleaning. After the initial blast of repairs there have just been upgrades we wanted over the years. We reupholstered the jack-knife sofa, added a Propride hitch, centramatic wheel balancers, upgraded HVAC, upgraded stove, upgraded sink faucets, and installed headliner buttons to secure the headliner for good.

You can't beat an 02 Safari for comfort, cost, and trouble free ownership.