Peace and Blessings..
WBCCI# 30676
cwf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 07:38 PM   #632
4 Rivet Member

2011 20' Flying Cloud
Traverse City , Michigan
Originally Posted by AIR-Quarius View Post
As an airbrush illustrator, I have currently been studying the replacement of old decals from fiberglas fifth wheels...peel them off and paint them back in with skilled hands and knowledge of strong long lasting's alot of work but it's good pay for me. I often have to tell the people that all color fades in the sun - and will start preaching about shade and sheds etc. Bottom line is I now have opened a door that will help me to be in RV parks. I am sure others are doing this somewhere I just have not met them yet. But it's an interesting business...gonna title myself as Doctor Decal...'The Dr. is in' ha ha what do you think?

Interesting work! I always wonder what the allure is of those graphics...the first thing I would do is take all the decals OFF :-)

Good luck, though, I hope you achieve your goal.

WBCCI #7246
AIR #91367

"Don't let perfect be the enemy of better."
TCwheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 04:26 PM   #633
4 Rivet Member
2013 25' FB International
Currently Looking...
Hinckley , Ohio
I started off as a printer doing tabloid inserts for the newspapers. (Remember those?)
I then, did a year on the Ford assembly line. (I got bumped out.)
I got in the Pipefitters, and served a 4 year apprentiship, I am now a Building Trades Journeyman Pipefitter doing mostly fire protection/sprinkler work. But, have worked at nuclear facilities, blast furnaces, steel mills, chemical and pharmaceutical plants. I hold about 20 different licences. (rigging, welding, valve repair, backflow tester etc.)
It's a tough job and I'm getting a little tired. This year I've been at it 32 years. Retirement is available in one more year. But, I'll most likely have to go 5 more to avoid to much give back.

My significant other was a stay at home mom for 10 years. After the two kids got in school, she decided to go to work for a school. First as a playground sub. then as a part time teacher aid. 5 year in the kitchen came next. She now works in the same system as a preschool special needs aid. She love this position, shes finally working with little kids, this she loves.

Must weekends we use are Airstream. As well as a bigger trip once or twice a year.

I restored a 1965 Caravel and kept trading and moving up to are present unit. I think we'll keep this one awhile.

Not to many construction trades. Go figure.
If you could have a superpower, what would it be?

I chose America
Bigventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 04:31 PM   #634
Rivet Master
1966 22' Safari
Weatherford , Texas
I got paid to cause trouble...

Simulator instructor. Training pilots for the friendly neighborhood major airline. Retired last April and enjoying it very much.
mimiandrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 05:47 PM   #635
Avion Owner
Vintage Kin Owner
Good Ol' , USA
I have been a service rep with IBM for 33 years. 99% of my time is in the mainframe world of the world's largest retailer. Other customer's home offices in the area are Tyson Foods and JB Hunt. We stay extremely busy!
PaulnGina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 02:39 AM   #636
Rivet Master
2010 27' FB Flying Cloud
Fraser Valley , British Columbia
Have endured many jobs - even professions. One of the weirdest was as a court reporter for Coroner's Court. We worked in the dungeon of a 100-year-old hospital. Facilities were antiquated, to say the least. We kept our bagged lunches in the same refrigerator as the organ/tissue samples. Hannibal Lecter would have thrived there! The coroner was right out of a B sci-fi movie: a strange little man with bushy eyebrows, thick eye glasses, and a stained, ill-fitting lab coat. He said he became a coroner because he "lacked the right social skills for the living." (verbatim). I used to love it when people asked how my job was going because it gave me a chance to deadpan, it's been quite dead lately.

Another memorable job was collecting urine samples from racehorses. A position of great importance, i.e. we called ourselves P!ssologists from the Department of P!ssology.
easily distracted by shiny objects
Fly at Night is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 06:32 AM   #637
Rivet Master
2015 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Western , ** Big Sky Country ** Montana
Wife's assistant / secretary / handy man / laundry person until she, too, retires next year. In a former life, law enforcement and teaching ...with a little flying.
~~~~~~ mefly2 ~~~~~>>>
AIR 44105 /WBCCI - formerly 2015-1; Yamaha XT250
:>) ducts are now in a row w / 2015 ducted air :>)
* 2015 Duramax 2500 Diesel * Honda EU3000iS
<>2015 International LE Eddie Bauer FB25<>
mefly2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 06:45 PM   #638
4 Rivet Member

2011 20' Flying Cloud
Traverse City , Michigan
I train and coach manufacturers to understand and use the Toyota Production System, aka Lean Manufacturing. One of my many reasons to purchase an AS is Airstream's serious commitment to their Lean mfg journey. DW is an attorney.

WBCCI #7246
AIR #91367
"Don't let perfect be the enemy of better."
TCwheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 08:02 AM   #639
Storm Master

2005 25' Classic
Austin , Texas
I'm a power line troubleshooter. Been troubleshooting and getting the lights on for 24 years. Been streaming for three years now. Never rv'd before so when me and the boss decided to try it we went with an Airstream. Only regret is not doing it sooner. Have 75 nights in the rig so far. Still working 600-800 hrs of overtime a year so free time is precious. Retirement and full pension in two years for the both of us. Can't wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums
Ampman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 08:21 AM   #640
Rivet Master
2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
As little as possible, double retired!
WBCCI 10656 Southeastern Camping Unit
Associate European Unit
2006 Safari LS 23 ft
Formerly 1964 Bambi II

"I got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell"
AWCHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 09:39 AM   #641
Overland Adventurer
1991 34' Excella
2009 34' Panamerica
Telluride , Colorado
Put my wife back to work dancing at the truck stop.
AtomicNo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 09:39 AM   #642
Overland Adventurer
1991 34' Excella
2009 34' Panamerica
Telluride , Colorado
Moderators, on second thought, delete..... Quick!
AtomicNo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 06:09 AM   #643
Rivet Master

2017 30' Classic
Upper St Clair , Pennsylvania
Both retired. I was a General Manager at several different companies, hired to "fix" and or start up and then move on. Changed careers completely at times, just to keep it interesting and found all large corporations are pretty much the same. For long periods of time I would be on a plane every day, many times several. My wife retired after 25 years of driving a school bus. She loved the work up until the end when the early mornings, 60 kids lives in her hands got to be a bit much so she retired. We both now volunteer at a Pet Rescue start up. I help train and rehabilitate the dogs, my wife walks the dogs and I have helped secure the 501c3 status as I had done this once before when I was State Captain of the Patriot Guard Riders (the group that attends all military funerals as invited guests of the families). In addition to the volunteer work, we travel a minimum of four months a year.

Bud & Alice (Bud posts)
Abby- Black Lab-TDI Certified
Hopey-Yellow Lab-TDI Certified
2017 30' Classic
2015 F350 6.7 Diesel Crew Cab
USAF - Military Training Instructor (TI) - 68-72
paiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 11:10 AM   #644
2 Rivet Member
2015 28' International
Edmond , Oklahoma
Congratulations!.. I am retired (10yrs) military 28 yrs service. Have 10 grandkids that have a lot of things to watch and do. When we were young, we thought we had to be doing something on time off; boating, fishing, skiing, biking. Now I can enjoy watching the grass grow at home or at many of our beautiful places in the USA. I like challenges of fixing things. Now days people can't fix, but just throw it away.

1Boyscout is offline   Reply With Quote