Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-09-2013, 07:34 PM   #561
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Austin , Texas
I'm the IT director for a health care company in Austin, TX and my wife is a piano teacher.

I quit my job in May '13 but I'm working part-time for them remotely while we travel.

We just came back from Alaska this summer and will be looking to settle someplace new, probably Colorado. Or ... we might go nuts and decide to drive all the way south to Argentina before we 'settle' in Colorado. Any others want to join the adventure?
jornvango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 08:19 PM   #562
Rivet Master

2012 27' Flying Cloud
W , New England
What a GREAT thread! Never saw it before but now that folks are replying it's showing up. So cool. Is Flamingo-kid1 still around?? Thanks for starting this!!

Thanks for all the nurses, firefighters, educators, cops and military folks - and rock stars, lawyers, web entrepreneurs, home makers, retirees...I'm sure I'm missing some of you! :-) This is like our own version of Studds Terkel's "Working" :-)

Ok, I currently serve as VP of Learning at a Fortune 100 P&C insurance carrier (won't mention names - we don't write RVs :-) ).

In my spare time, I'm a wannabe singer/songwriter/piano hacker. Please pardon a thoroughly shameless plug of my stuck-in-the-70s "midlife crisis" album:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/familiar/id431117737

But my newest career aspiration is to somehow get paid for Airstreaming full time :-)
SteveSueMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 10:12 PM   #563
3 Rivet Member

1994 21' Sovereign
Paradise Valley , Arizona
Wow Mr SteveSueMac and Daisy... Very impressed, can we expect some campfire entertainment?

I own a home health care company and a medical equipment company. Mostly retired now and have wonderful people running the companies.
Paradise Valley, Arizona
kmaggard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 03:46 AM   #564
Rivet Master

2012 27' Flying Cloud
W , New England
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmaggard View Post
Wow Mr SteveSueMac and Daisy... Very impressed, can we expect some campfire entertainment?
Thanks, kmaggard! Daisy did the drums ;-)

I think the only campground entertainment I provide is backing in to my space :-)
SteveSueMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 10:43 AM   #565
1 Rivet Member

1991 34' Limited
Mooresville , Indiana
We own and operate the family business of making personalized wooden blocks. Just started the remodel of our AS and have a 9 year old daughter so we will only get to hit the road during the summer and weekends, but it will still be worth it to get away since work is next to house!
Karry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 10:55 AM   #566
2 Rivet Member

1973 29' Ambassador
Mercer Island , Washington
I work in corporate marketing for a large company, doing business to business direct marketing
dcheshire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 11:06 AM   #567
3 Rivet Member

2004 28' Classic
Fresno , California
I am a TV Meteorologist with 261 more days before retirement. Looking forward to spending more consecutive time in my Airstream.
dougandlori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 11:20 AM   #568

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Alamo Heights , Texas
I'm a "software engineer" for a multinational corporation, and I've been working remotely since we relocated for my partner to attend medical school. He's now in residency (just a few more months to go!)

Zero Gravitas — 2017 Flying Cloud 26U | WBCCI# 15566

He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. — Sir Winston Churchill
DKB_SATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 11:39 AM   #569
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
ozark , Missouri
I am the President and CEO of the "Hardly DuMuch Group"
76sovereign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 12:39 PM   #570
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
ozark , Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by colld014 View Post
I am a TV Meteorologist with 261 more days before retirement. Looking forward to spending more consecutive time in my Airstream.

How many of those days are partly sunny with a slight chance for rain?
76sovereign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 01:01 PM   #571
Rivet Master

2005 28' Safari S/O
Paradise , California
Retired! Also, Chief Cabana Boy for my wife since she is still working. I was a Cartographer and Geographic Information Systems Director for 30 years. My wife has her own graphic design business and specializes in wine label design.
Old 09-11-2013, 01:45 PM   #572
Rivet Master

2011 28' International
Chatham , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sbb View Post
I own an Irish Shop, in my 23rd year. In the Summer I vend at Irish Festivals, get about 140 nites in "Eirestream" during the festival season.
Ah, the Eirestream makes much more sense than 'Eriestream' in your signature. My distant Irish roots are a deal more content now

"You can't tow that with that!"

https://sites.google.com/view/towedhaul/home
MrUKToad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 01:46 PM   #573
retired USA/USAF

2001 30' Excella
Somerset , New Jersey
I'm a retired Police Officer and also retired from the Air Force reserves. Currently I work very hard at not working. Gives me more time to spend with our new grandson and travel and explore with our Airstream.

" Democracy is the worst form of government. Except for all the rest"
Winston Churchill 1948

TAC - NJ 18

polarlyse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 01:48 PM   #574
Rivet Master

2011 28' International
Chatham , Ontario
I'm Pool Boy and Kitchen God to Mrs Toad. Before that, in another land and when a salary was more important, I was the Facilities Manager on a large government site. Mrs Toad is a much better employer and the fringe benefits are excellent!

"You can't tow that with that!"

https://sites.google.com/view/towedhaul/home
MrUKToad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 02:04 PM   #575
Rivet Master

2013 25' FB Flying Cloud
2011 23' FB Flying Cloud
Branson , Missouri
Food

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreasduess View Post
I am the creative partner in a marketing agency that specializes in food marketing. My wife is a risk manager for one of Canada's largest industrial insurance brokers, specializing in mining and power. Occasionally, she gets to wear groovy protection suits and walk around power stations and mines with a group of men who are very afraid of her and her eagle eyes.
Small world Andy. I too do marketing work in the food industry. This is a lateral representation of a site I'm thinking about building.

murreywalkeradvertising Photo Gallery by Murrey Walker at pbase.com

https://www.pbase.com/murreywalker

2011 23 FC FB
murreywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 02:06 PM   #576
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
1995 34' Excella
Lynchburg , Virginia
I am a home inspector when the phone rings, and when it doesn't I am retired. My wife is a very dedicated third grade teacher.
I enjoy going to music festivals and boondocking. I make improvements to our 66 Tradewi between camping trips.
When I am finished with it, I will start working on my 84 Excella that has been sitting for the past 5 years.

Dan
TouringDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 03:32 PM   #577
1 Rivet Member

2011 27 FB International
sarasota , Florida
For the last 17 years or so I have working in the swimming pool business. At one point, or another, have done just about everything except to dig the hole for a pool. Worked in pool supply retail, wholesale, service & for the last 13 years have had owned a swimming pool cleaning business in SW Florida. Was thinking about the events of 9/11 today & remember sitting watching The Today Show in a customers family room on my route when we watched the second plane hit that morning. Some things one never forgets. BTW, President Bush was only a few miles away that morning giving a talk at a local school that morning in Sarasota, Fl. The takeoff of Airforce One is still talked about here locally. My wife is a professionally trained chef. My pool business is listed with a broker right now & when it sells we plan on going full time with our Airstream. We have a work camper position lined up with a KOA in Bar Harbor, Maine for next season from May thru October. My wife's job can travel, she can take her knives with her anywhere. In the past few years, most of her work has been as a free lance yacht chef on private yachts in South Florida. I think she has done 5 crossings to the Bahamas so far this year. So, I've got an AS, a diesel F250, a good dog & a wife who is a hard worker & a great cook .... yes, my life is good .... just need to sell my pool business & life will get really good.
airron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 04:24 AM   #578
Rivet Master

1984 34' International
Toronto , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKB_SATX View Post
I'm a "software engineer" for a multinational corporation, and I've been working remotely since we relocated for my partner to attend medical school. He's now in residency (just a few more months to go!)
We have friends who are doing their residency right now. Much, much work. Good luck to your partner and good for you for supporting him. We need good doctors.
andreasduess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 04:26 AM   #579
Rivet Master

1984 34' International
Toronto , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by murreywalker View Post
Small world Andy. I too do marketing work in the food industry. This is a lateral representation of a site I'm thinking about building.

murreywalkeradvertising Photo Gallery by Murrey Walker at pbase.com
Cool looking site. Good luck with your business. Working with food is a lot of fun. We just hired a full time chef as our new Culinary Director. This is us: We create business, communication and branding blueprints for our clients that help them flourish in a hyper-connected world | fisheye corporation
andreasduess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 05:14 AM   #580
4 Rivet Member

2005 30' Safari
Houston Texas , Texas
well...

I am a Pixie dust spreader on the Ferris wheel...holding out for managment...
SafariSS is offline   Reply With Quote