Old 11-27-2006, 06:41 PM   #393
2 Rivet Member
1971 31' Sovereign
Joseph , Oregon
I cowboy for a ranch here in NE Oregon and do some carpentry. My lovely wife works on the AS, builds furniture out of old salvaged barn wood and keeps me in line.

trea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 07:20 PM   #394
4 Rivet Member
Currently Looking...
Two Harbors , Minnesota
Hi Janet...we are at 39 years next June!...I was an "underage" groom...had to get my mother's how times have changed. Tom R in Two Harbors, Minnesota

TomR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 08:17 PM   #395
2 Rivet Member
Currently Looking...
Green Cove Springs , Florida
Aircraft Mechanic. Most of my career restoring F-14s back to fighting condition. I'm "out of the box" now but I have pounded a rivet or two in my time . My wife is a consultant and I get to travel a bit with her.
vonkamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 10:17 AM   #396
2 Rivet Member
High school screen printing teacher...
dkutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 10:40 AM   #397
1 Rivet Member
1958 26' Overlander
Shreveport , Louisiana
Wow, after reading the first five or so pages I am not sure I am smart enough to own an AS. I do have very cool job though. I drive the bus for a minor league hockey team, CHL Mudbugs. During the offseason we haul independent baseball teams and ArenaII football.
FastCars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 11:04 AM   #398

1992 29' Excella
Van By The River , Georgia
As Little As Possible!

I've looked at this thread several times and been intrigued and amused. There are certainly some interesting livlihoods among the forum members.

My wife and I are working as program manager and mechanical engineer respectively - both for electronics companies. Seems rather mundane with all the odd and interesting things posted on this thread.

Danielle works for a small, privately owned electronics company that makes LCD panels for aircraft cockpit displays. The pilot/co-pilot/navigator look at the displays for RADAR information, altimeter, etc. Most of the equipment her company produces is utilized in small corporate jets and military aircraft.

I work for a major electronics manufacturer that produces communication and cable television equipment. If you have cable (now called broadband in some locations) I have likely been involved with designing some of the electronic equipment that sends the signal to your house.

Lucius and Danielle
1992 29' Excella Classic
1996 GMC Suburban C2500 7.4L
2005 Chevrolet Suburban K2500 8.1L
Got a cooped-up feeling, gotta get out of town, got those Airstream campin' blues...
nvestysly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 10:36 PM   #399
4 Rivet Member
1969 27' Overlander
Pickens , South Carolina
Golf Courses

I build and/or maintain golf courses. I decided to do something differnet in 1988, just havent figured out what yet. I love camping because theres nothing for me to mow or weedeat! The question I'm most commonly asked is, "With 5 of the nations top courses, you must play ALOT!!!" the answer this year....54 holes....I've had alot of camping to do!

My wife was in insurance brokerage...and decided our children 9 and 2 we're what she REALLY wanted to do. And trinket shop full time!
-"Nothing is particularly difficult if you break it down into small jobs" - Henry Ford

-"just because the monkeys off your back, doesn't mean the circus left town!"

camperski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 01:41 PM   #400
Rivet Master
1964 19' Globetrotter
The Sea Ranch , California
Make things

I'm an architect with my own practice, and my partner is a landscape contractor.
Wherever you go, there you are
Globie64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 05:34 PM   #401
Rivet Master
2007 30' Classic
Hernando , Mississippi
I'm a retired USAF officer and currently fly an MD-11 for FedEx on international routes. My first wife (35 yrs) no longer works, but keeping me out of trouble is a full time job. BTW, I've only got 17 more months till full retirement and more and longer AS trips.
Air 16426

Fully retired now!
Never start anything before noon and always plan on being finished by 5.
I will never HAVE to be anywhere ever again!
ScottW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 06:55 PM   #402
4 Rivet Member
2006 19' Safari
Suisun City , California
Still Having Fun

I am a 25 yr veteran of the U.S. Coast Guard where I was a CWO4 (Pers). The last nine yrs of my career I was involved as a trainer/training manager at the CG Training Center in Petaluma, CA. Since retiring in 1999, I have worked as a consultant, training manager, and now as a senior manager for "Operational Excellence" - LEAN Manufacturing/Six Sigma for Genentech, Inc.

Genentech is a biotech company in headquartered in the Bay Area of CA. They make several cancer drugs and work to discover new ways to meet currently unmet medical needs. Some of our products are Avastin, Rutuxin, Herceptin.

Genentech was recently voted the NUMBER ONE company to work for in America by Forbes Magazine in their annual survey.

My wife, Avis, is a Food and Beverage Manager with the Coast Guard in Petaluma.

Jerry and Avis
2006 Safari Bambi 19'
2005 Toyota Tacoma PU

"Mi Casa Es Su Casa!"
WBCCI #6716
AIR #17388
Roscinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 07:14 PM   #403
My wife and I are both in education. She's currently teaching 1st grade and I am a district superintendent (very small district- 380 kids k-12).

By the way, we have strong ties to the Rockford area. We're both Hononegah graduates (Rockton) and still have relatives in Rockford, Rockton, Marengo.
mortjameson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 07:52 PM   #404
3 Rivet Member
Currently Looking...
Arlington , Texas
Another Minister....

Hey, all!

I'm a fulltime Bible college professor PLUS a Minister of Education at my church. Working on my Argosy seems to be another "ministry" in and of itself!
Airstreams are like a box of chocolates....
sierrajb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 08:10 PM   #405
4 Rivet Member
1984 34' International
1977 Argosy 24
Central , Georgia
Daily chores

I am a former school administrator. Was a hospital department head for 10 years and then started my own business with a promise to stay small enough to never need employees. When I grow up I want to be the poet laureate of AIR.

Blanche (Dr. P.) retired from secondary education (math) and went straight to the college ranks. Teaching math at a state college vs. public high school is something akin to teacher heaven.

Working is a state of mind
I may look unoccupied but there are times
things are not exactly as you find.
What we do is more about Zen than dimes.

Travelers by aluminum roadships, loyalists to one species,
masters of convenience, herdsmen steeped in maintenance and restoration.

empresley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 10:48 PM   #406
Rivet Master
Commercial Member
2000 25' Excella
Kingston , Tennessee
What do you do?

Congrats on the 500! I, (Tammy) ,was working for a contractor for the Department of Energy, cleaning up old nuclear waste sites. My title is Health Physics Tech. I got to wear the bubble suits with respirators and all that fun stuff in 100 degree weather, boy was that fun!! I recently took a lay off in aug to help with my mother who had cancer. She passed away on Nov 31, Boy I sure do miss her! Now I make Airstream curtains!! My husband is a Minister and a Produce Manager for Food City. We have a small church in Kingston Tn.
It is very interesting reading about all the neat jobs everyone has.

John & Tammy Adams
Silver Threads Custom RV Curtains
2000 Airstream Excella | AIR 15902
Silver Threads is offline   Reply With Quote