Old 03-21-2005, 10:44 PM   #15
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
I'm a commercial interior designer...and until last month I was self-employed. I've always had a work hard/play hard attitude, now, having merged with a larger architectural firm, I'm only working 3 days a week to make time for all my Airstreaming... Been a hectic month getting everything sorted out, but it's all good!

"newly semi-retired"

Vintage Airstream Club - Past President 2007/2008
WBCCI #1824 - DenCO Unit Past President (2005)
AIR #30 - Join Date: 2-25-2002

RMVAC | WBCCI DenCO Unit | Sisters on the Fly | Tin Can Tourists
BIRDY - our 1956 Safari | 1964 Serro Scotty
InsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 11:40 PM   #16
a.k.a. Ambassador Tim
1960 28' Ambassador
Northern , California
I'm an electronics tech specializing in keeping a local city government's police/fire 911 center, and their two-way radios in working order.

My wife helps out at our chuch about 5 hours a week. Otherwise she is a stay at home mom,which be both like. It's hard to do in this day-and-age, but its worth it

1960 International Ambassador 28'
2001 Silverado 2500HD CC 6.0L 4.10
Check out my book: Restoring a Dream
Check out my Airstream book for kids!: Airstream Adventures
theVAP - Airstream Podcast
Safari Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 12:00 AM   #17
Rivet Master

2005 28' International CCD
Western , Oregon
Retired from my vet practice 9/04, after 31 years in practice (a lot of rectal thermometer use) .....also worked for Uncle S for 4 yrs in usaf during Viet Nam war. My better half retired at the same time as merchandising prof in clothing and textiles at Oregon State. We both hope to include AS activities at the top of our travel plans, since we've been tied down far too long!! Congrats on 500 posts.....I'm almost half-way there!
Thanks AS forums for being a great release for me in my retirement!

Jim & Cheryl

2005 28' CCD

2013 Ford F-150 Crew Cab 4x4, 6.5' bed, 3.5L EcoBoost, 3.73 rear axle, Max Tow Pkg
Equalizer hitch
Honda 3000 genset
WBCCI #3538
jordandvm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 12:15 AM   #18
Rivet Master
Currently Looking...
NE , Indiana
I am a Manufacturing Supply Superintendent with GM @ the Fort Wayne assembly plant, and I have been with GM over 27 years. My wife has worked in banking, education, and she was a supervisor with GM. She left GM when our first daughter was born. She is just completing her second year of homeschooling our oldest daughter...while keeping the younger one happy, not a small feat. Toughest and most satisfying job she has had!
Hi Yo Silver, Away II?
looking for our next AS
AIR 7185
redeagle313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 01:25 AM   #19
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
Currently Looking...
Chandler , Oklahoma
Oh my gosh, I've been to Rockford, and my very good friends own a boarding and training kennel there. I'm an RN and my husband is a Construction Project Superintendent. I work in a child abuse prevention program for the State of Oklahoma after spending years working in a hospital. That's very hard on a body. Had to go on to management to save my back. Judy
juel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 04:01 AM   #20
Rivet Monster

1975 31' Sovereign
1980 31' Excella II
Sprung Leak , North Carolina
Gotta love it...I am a "babysitter" (superintendant) for a national roofing contractor.(read travel...a lot!) My specialty is Architectural Metals. I have 25 years in the building industry, usually in postions in the field, I hate being indoors in an office. My lovely wife is a Sr Flight Attendant with US Airways and owns a Bridal Shop, where I am IT, stock boy, and truck driver...we hope it is our way to an early semi-retirement.

__________________ many little time...
Why are we in this basket...and where are we going
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 07:07 AM   #21
Rivet Master
1974 27' Overlander
1954 26' Romany Cruiser
1960 26' Overlander
Rockingham County , New Hampshire
Send a message via AIM to balrgn Send a message via Yahoo to balrgn
I Confess, I'm a Sr. Nuclear Analyst in the Maintenance department @ FPL Seabrook Station

Prior to this position I Spent 20 years as a Sr. Mechanic / Machinist

The Mrs is the Office Manager in our towns Fire Department

'74 Overlander (T-O-Bee)
'46 Spartan Manor (Rosie)
'54 Cruiser (Bogart)
'60 Overlander (Hoagy)
2007 GMC Sierra 2500 HD Duramax
WBCCI 1754 - AIR # 6281
balrgn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 07:18 AM   #22
2 Rivet Member
I'm a PA (Man Friday and Whipping Boy) for a member of a Middle Eastern royal family. I've been dodging sandstorms for 13 years, but hoping to return home very soon! And then? "Betty" and i are hittin' the road!
'77 Overlander: 'Betty'
ChampionEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 07:23 AM   #23
Commercial Member
1967 30' Sovereign
Los Lunas , New Mexico
Maria and I are both former professors from the Univ of North Texas, and both into generative linguistics and language acquisition (and, in Lynn's case, program administration). Presumably sort of like semi-retirement, we bought this RV park/campground in Angel Fire -- though I still work for the university. What a split! In one moment, I'm answering student questions, and in the next I'm cleaning the bathhouse.

WBCCI 21043
eubank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 07:26 AM   #24
Rivet Master
1993 30' Excella
chicagoland , north of cheddar curtain
i am the vice president in charge of looking out the window......
Illegitimous noncarborundum(dont let the bastards wear you down)

The only true nobility is found through giving good food to your friends- Anton Careme

beauty is in the eye of the beerholder-cosmo fishhawk

if something is too good to be true, its usually gone before i get there-mister boffo
norbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 07:33 AM   #25
Rivet Master
1961 22' Safari
Vienna , Virginia
Oh, what do we do for work? So wierd, since it seems so irrellevant to what we do with our trailer. Rick is a supervisor up at Micron and going to school at night. I do project management and financial analysis for foreign civil aviation administrations looking to upgrade their safety systems.

Of course, in our alternative reality, we live in 1961, I am a glamorous movie star (wearing sequined gowns and cat glasses) and Rick is a millionaire playboy. We use our faboo trailer to shuttle between our decadent dream homes in Hollywood, Palm Springs, Palm Beach and Manhattan. Servants take care of the rest and often drive our trailer ahead for us and we fly in on our private jet. Our trailer fridge is stocked in caviar and champagne.

But at least 8 hours a day, we have to abandon that for more mundane concerns. Well, at least we have the trailer part of that life--and with a bit more effort, it may even become faboo!

fireflyinva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 07:53 AM   #26
Rivet Master
2006 19' Safari SE
NW of Boston , Massachusetts
After nearly 25 years as an Admin Asst, working in universities and government research instutions, I'm now a home mom -- household CEO, CFO, head of procurement, building and grounds maintenance supervisor, head chef and baker, child care provider, taxi service, etc. etc.. In my spare time I pursue the artist's life (watercolor painting and botanical art). For money, I'm a leech. Doug has a paying job as a research linguist (computational). He actually earned a PhD in order to do this and I can attest to his success by his ability to support all my hobbies.
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
LuminumTraila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 07:55 AM   #27
Rivet Master
2003 25' Safari
Eden Prairie , Minnesota
I am VP of Technology for a large company. Sounds cool, but it's still a job. I have some vacation flexibility, but taking more than 1 week at a time is silently frowned upon. This is very limiting when living in the middle of the country, where many travel destinations are a long distance away. Retirement is another 12 years away.
dmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 07:56 AM   #28
3 Rivet Member
Used to be an aircraft mechanic, and now a Systems Engineer...

I still have my sheet metal tools...

hohne is offline   Reply With Quote