Old 10-09-2005, 06:00 PM   #239
Rivet Master
1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
Annie, aren't you newly retired? Congratulations and have a wonderfully unfettered winter, warm and deliciously unscheduled ~G

1995 Airstream Classic Limited 30' ~ Gypsy
1978 Argosy Minuet, 6.0~Minnie/GPZWGN
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005, 06:06 PM   #240
Rivet Master
1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
Robert, we wave hi everyday as we drive by on our way to work on the new-to-us place. Someday we'll see you outside by the Airstream and stop to meet and really say hello and see what you are doing on that big silver "thing." Isn't this COOL weather terrific? Hope all is well. ~G

1995 Airstream Classic Limited 30' ~ Gypsy
1978 Argosy Minuet, 6.0~Minnie/GPZWGN
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005, 07:22 PM   #241
3 Rivet Member
retirement beckons.

My wife is a RN, retired from one hospital and now working as a contract nurse for another and I have 38 years of teaching experience. We have set June 2006 as our retirement date. We purchased an 30 foot Excella in 2002 and have used it frequently in preparation for some extensive, long term travel. So as you might imagine I have been marking the days until we set off on our next adventure. Perhaps our paths will cross on the road.
rtaylor537 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 07:32 AM   #242
2 Rivet Member
1969 21' Globetrotter
Seattle & Olympic Peninsula , Washington

Sounds like I'm not the only IT exec who prefers to tow a shiny tin can around the country than to "develop strategies to mitigate compliance risk."

I'm glad to leave that in the rear view as well. Welcome to the party!

DaveAbad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 03:59 PM   #243

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
Originally Posted by Budsinacan
We are both retired bankers. Thank goodness we're both out of that now dreadful business. It's now full of puppets and the holding companies pull the strings. What ever happened to the good old days when you had to think while standing on your own two feet. Anyone out there agree with me?
I was in banking for 25 years. Lost my job twice being on the wrong end of the acquisition. Problem was I was in Operations and most of those people are not needed on the other side. Not only did I lose but the communities these neighborhood institutions served lost. Since then I have moved into the public sector first spending 9 years at the local community college district and now the past two at the convention center and domed stadium. Sort of radical changes of environments but all dealing with computers or communications.

Jack Canavera
AIR #56
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500,'14 Honda CTX 700
jcanavera is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 06:40 PM   #244
BFA ,Maryland Institute College of Arts. Furniture/Cabinetmaker since 1972. Did work at the Baltimore Zoo and the Crandon Park Zoo in Miami. Worked for Land Rover North America for a number of years supervising construction of Land Rover Centres from Chicago to Tampa. My wife just got out of banking after 20 years. She's much now a librarian and loves it.
Old 10-10-2005, 08:22 PM   #245
3 Rivet Member
1972 25' Tradewind
Redmond , Oregon
I am a Police Officer in a resort community, in some ways like in 'Jaws' except I have not come across any sharks in the middle of Oregon. Gosh, thinking of it I can hang up the belt in 8 more years, hmm new 25' CCD, one must have their dreams. My wife owns and runs a preschool based on the Waldorf system.
igor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 12:03 PM   #246
Rivet Master
1975 31' Sovereign
Oxford , Mississippi
We own a music store not cd's, musical instruments. My husband always laughs when people ask him what he does because they alway's think cd's for some reason.

rebel beck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 01:45 PM   #247
1969 23' Safari
crescent city , California

iam a newly retired park ranger. my better half is still teaching special ed.
tracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 03:40 PM   #248
The Hawk's Lair
1985 34.5' Airstream 345
BACK WOODS , Minnesota
Retired is GREAT!!!

I am a retired Air Traffic Controller and ATC Supervisor after 35 years Govt. time. I worked in D.C. and Minneapolis. My Wife is a recovering Attorney, which means she sold the Partnership and started a small practice on her own and now only does what she feels good about. I find that I am now her Paul Drake, (without the gun), and run documents to various court houses. Can't believe I ever had time to have a career.
There is no "I" in the word "team," but there are four in "Platitude Quoting Idiot!"

cooperhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 05:03 PM   #249
Well Preserved

1974 31' Sovereign
1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
For some reason, I haven't told you what I do...

I am a senior technician for a major auto repair and tire manufacturing chain, and have been doing this for almost 34 years now. I also wear a couple of other hats, but they are secondary.
Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup.
overlander63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 05:28 PM   #250
3 Rivet Member
1975 31' Sovereign
Eau Claire , Wisconsin
Very interesting stuff. I literally just read the entire thread. I have somehow missed it before as well.

I am on my third career. I was an aquatic toxiclogist on Cape Cod for a private laboratory for ten years before returning to school. I then practiced as a chiropractor in the hinterlands of Wisconsin for 21 years before retiring.
I tried retirement for about five weeks and went absolutely insane. I now sell Audis and VWs at a small market store.

I'm not sure what I will do next. I always wanted to be a cowboy or a racecar driver. Hmmm, I'm only 16, I guess there is still time!

Wherever you go... there you are!
bhsl8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 07:19 PM   #251
2 Rivet Member
1974 29' Ambassador
Xenia , Ohio
What a great thread and a really interesting variety of backgrounds.

I'm nearing the end of my first career by retiring from the military in 6 short months and will continue in the private sector as a system administrator.

My wife is a RN with the state.

We also run a part-time IT consulting business on the side.
xFieldTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 07:37 PM   #252
2 Rivet Member
1974 25' Tradewind
Yelm , Washington
My job title is Health and Safety Adviser. I have been an inspector of public water systems, ferries and buildings (facilities), childcare centers, prisons, residential treatment centers and community colleges.

Before going to college I built houses, and dabbled in most all the construction trades.

I have aspirations of being the proud owner of a completed Airstream Tradewind. When I finish that chore, my job title will be complete and I will then resolve myself to laying about and doing as little as possible.

It's a metaphysical thing...

"It takes a village to raise a silver twinkie."

-Jim Phillips
JimmyJames is offline   Reply With Quote