Old 04-22-2005, 04:34 PM   #197

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by drcharles2
We share a road. We share the journey. Unlike an unlocked trailer, that is both a kinship and pride that no one can extricate from within. Wave as you go by.

Dr. C.

Wow! Powerful words there Dr. C. You have a gift and its touched me. Hey Rich! Give this man some more Airstream Life space!

Dr. C., hopefully you won't mind if I pull your prose over to our local WBCCI unit's web site (with proper credit of course )? I'd like to share these words with others who don't frequent this space.

Regards,

Jack

AIR #56
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500,'14 Honda CTX 700
jcanavera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 05:04 PM   #198
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
Eastern , Washington
I continue to be amazed at the number of professional musicians and sound biz folks on this forum - we could have on heck of a forum jam! Glam-rock to 12 tone-techno to bluegrass - we got 'em all here!

Let's have a polishing party: I'll supply the trailer and buffing supplies. BYOB (bring your own buffer)

AirForums Custom Search
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 05:16 PM   #199
Rivet Master

1968 26' Overlander
Wenatchee WA , Cape Cod
We are a gypsy plumber and a junior high social studies teacher. Before Jim moved west to marry the crazy junior high teacher (you have to be a bit crazy to love junior high age kids) he specialized in remodel work in old Cape Cod houses. He was your guy to fix that fixture everyone said was unfixable and needed replacing with something new. He works part of the year here for a plumbing company, and during my summer off we go back to the cape where he continues to work here and there for friends.
1968 Overlander - WBCCI #5793
Uberlanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 07:57 PM   #200
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1968 17' Caravel
2005 30' Safari
Somewhere , roaming America
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcanavera
Wow! Powerful words there Dr. C. You have a gift and its touched me. Hey Rich! Give this man some more Airstream Life space!
Not to worry, Jack. Dr C will be contributing to the next issue, in his incomparable way!

rluhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 06:34 AM   #201
Well Preserved

1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet
I continue to be amazed at the number of professional musicians and sound biz folks on this forum - we could have on heck of a forum jam! Glam-rock to 12 tone-techno to bluegrass - we got 'em all here!
I couldn't carry a tune in a wheelbarrow, but I would like to listen to that jam session!
Old 04-25-2005, 05:36 PM   #202
4 Rivet Member

1986 32' Excella
vledder , drenthe
I am a profesional photographer
most of my time is wasted with photograping snotty little school childeren
now I am learning pin striping and airbrusching not many who can do that here in holland
Old 04-25-2005, 07:42 PM   #203
2 Rivet Member

Smile

I am in construction managment. I supervise a team of union pipirfitter/plumbers. Unfortunetly, I curently have well over 10 million in jobs out there and have little time to work on my Tradewinds. It sucks big time, but it pays the bills.
Old 04-25-2005, 07:54 PM   #204
Round on both ends

1979 31' Excella 500
1975 28' Argosy 28
Rutledge , Georgia
I do tech support and technical writing for a small, growing company that makes handheld mapping software and will soon introduce a integrated mobile unit. If anyone has PDA problems... Like joecj76 above, I don't get to work on my project Argosy as much as I would like.

Oh, and my name is Lamar. I use SafeHarbor because it's an excellent program for lost kids. They can go to any store displaying this and be allowed to stay safely until their parents can come.
Old 04-25-2005, 07:58 PM   #205
3 Rivet Member

I am a bookkeeper/painter part time, and a wife and mother fulltime. Hopefully one day my husband and I will be full time streamers. Early
Old 04-25-2005, 08:49 PM   #206
Rivet Master

1984 31' Excella
Abernathy , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by dscluchfc
In the Lubbock, TX area, I am a Chartered Life Underwriter (CLU), and Chartered Financial Consultant (ChFC), that for the past 25 years is in the business of positioning all types of life insurance, health insurance, disability insurance, long term care insurance, pensions, and all types of annuities for individuals and businesses to manage their risk, and position-protect their assets.
Also, I am former Chairman and CEO of a Political Action Committee for agents in Austin, TX.

My wife, Kathy, is a Kindergarten teacher for the past 21 years.
I put that post up on March 21, 2005.
It never occurred to me to post any other avocational interests, so here goes.

Occasionally I am involved with various local area musical jamborees mixing sound, playing bass or mandolin, singing backup bass vocals, and occasionally doing a set myself.

I play bass for my nephew, a quite accomplished fiddle player. Even though he is only 17, he opened for Ray Price when he was only 11 years old.

Also, I sing accapella gospel music fairly often in a lot of different settings.

Sometimes, I also work with the radio crew for Texas Tech Football on the sidelines.

I think our avocational pursuits say as much about who we are as do our economical pursuits.

Might as well have a lot of fun with avocational/recreational pursuits too, right?

AIR # 410
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dsphotoscapes
dscluchfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 09:21 PM   #207
Rivet Monster

1975 31' Sovereign
1980 31' Excella II
Sprung Leak , North Carolina
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by argosy20
I couldn't carry a tune in a wheelbarrow, but I would like to listen to that jam session!

I am with Argosy20....I have been told that I have perfect pitch....if I can find it LOL

But I do enjoy music...most types...

Aaron
WBCCI #XXXX AIR #2495
Why are we in this basket...and where are we going
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 05:08 PM   #208
Air # 3974

1986 34' Excella
south bend , Indiana
Send a message via AIM to drcharles2 Send a message via Yahoo to drcharles2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcanavera
Dr. C., hopefully you won't mind if I pull your prose over to our local WBCCI unit's web site (with proper credit of course )? I'd like to share these words with others who don't frequent this space.
Regards,
Jack
Dear Jack,
Thank you for the kind words and those from the maxandgeorgia.....there must be something in that rural Missouri water allowing otherwise rational, lucid adults to be so easily deceived.
You may share whatever you wish, with or without acknowledgement...I was just sharing an internal chord that might resonate onto softer walls.
Dr. C.
drcharles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 10:01 PM   #209

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by drcharles2
there must be something in that rural Missouri water allowing otherwise rational, lucid adults to be so easily deceived.
I'm far from being rural. But you know how you can tell a rural Missourian? Ask them how they pronounce M i s s o u r i.

If you are rural its Missourah, us city folks call it Missouree. Now if you are a candate for statewide office you speak out of both sides of your mouth, depending on where you give your speech. And then there are the folks from Kansas City, and those of us on the eastern side of the state aren't too sure about them. I think most of them live in Kansas anyway.

Jack
AIR #56
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500,'14 Honda CTX 700
jcanavera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 08:06 AM   #210
Rivet Master

1993 30' Excella
chicagoland , north of cheddar curtain
and the rest of the country pronounces it misery
norby

The only true nobility is found through giving good food to your friends- Anton Careme

beauty is in the eye of the beerholder-cosmo fishhawk

if something is too good to be true, its usually gone before i get there-mister boffo
norbert is offline   Reply With Quote