Old 04-07-2005, 06:24 PM   #183
VAC President
1977 27' Overlander
1954 25' Cruiser
1990 34.5' Airstream 345
VC Highlands , Nevada
Send a message via Skype™ to Buttercup
Kimber is a graphic designer who owns her own business ArchNevada Design
and I am a transmission grid operator for our local utility. MMMmm - High Voltage!! Univolt - no problem.

Buttercup's Web Site. WBCCI #17330, 11281 & 7830. VAC Past President & Webmaster, TAC NV-2 & NV-3.
2014 Mouse count: Buttercup - 0 / Airtini -
Buttercup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 08:34 PM   #184
3 Rivet Member
2013 23' FB International
2005 28' International CCD
San Bruno , California
Congrats on 500! We are about 493 away!

My wife and I just recently checked out of the rat race. Hers was owning and running her interior design business (i.e 24/7 job). Mine was working for Ernst & Young as a financial statement auditor. Before Angela ran her own business, she was an investment banker for five years (IPOs, Mergers & Acquisitions), and I was the controller of a restaurant company.

Now, what do we do for a living? We are semi-retired and looking for a new place to live. Thus, the Airstream. We'll be traveling around the country for 6 + months figuring out where we want to live next, and figuring out what we want to do. Fly fishing guide, B&B owners, novelist, artist, who knows. Will let you know when we figure it out - we are in our mid-30s and decided to stop deferring our life in search of the big buck and instead just follow our heart and do that...

- Mike & Angela & our dog Kenzie.

'05 Int'l CCD 28' >sold then 8 years later> '13 FB Int'l CCD 25'
'05 Ford Excursion Ltd >> '14 Chevy Silverado 1500 Z71 LT Crew
6.0L Diesel 3.73 >> 5.3L V8 Ecotec3 3.42
Titus Moto Lite, Nerve Cruiser
Mike, Angela, the kiddies & 10 yr old puppy, Kenzie, our Golden Retriever and best friend ever
sarmimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 08:52 PM   #185
2 Rivet Member
Originally Posted by hhuber

What is you degree in?

My degree is a Ph.D. in Business Administration, Management.
bimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 01:24 AM   #186
Dan&Barb 25'Safari FB/SE
2006 25' Safari FB SE
La Mesa , California
I can't believe I haven't posted here....if I have pardon the brain while it's recharging!
Dan and his brother own and operate a commercial roofing business here in San Diego for these past 30+ years, while I have enjoyed bieng homemaker and mother of 2, enabling me to wear many hats from brownie leader/pta mom to riding & training our horses. My married daughter (&mother of first grandson ), and son, (amateur competitive golfer) along with Ernie, (JR Terrorist) keep our lives full and fun with both of us looking forward to 'Streamin' through our 50's and well beyond.
CaliforniaStreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 04:52 AM   #187
Rivet Master
1967 28' Ambassador
Rockford , Illinois
Send a message via ICQ to flamingo-kid1 Send a message via AIM to flamingo-kid1
What's up with THIS??

Originally Posted by CaliforniaStreamin
along with Ernie, (JR Terrorist) keep our lives full and fun with both of us looking forward to 'Streamin' through our 50's and well beyond.

Alrighty, then , I started this thread to celebrate my RiveT Master status, and to see if there was a common thread among us "silver freaks," and the biggest thing I am seeing is Jack Russell Terrorists!

What's up with THAT??
flamingo-kid1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 04:59 AM   #188
Rivet Master
1967 28' Ambassador
Rockford , Illinois
Send a message via ICQ to flamingo-kid1 Send a message via AIM to flamingo-kid1
the creature

This is probably NOT the place to post this, I will put something on the pet thread, too, but forgive me, and let me have my moment of fame.. after all, I AM a Rivet Master now

If we are EVER at a Rally ANYWHERE, and you see this doggie loose, GRAB her for me because she is deaf, as well as GOOFY and far too friendly.

We adopted her two and a half months ago from a special needs website, and I guarantee she NEVER should have been there. She is a CHARM.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Dephne03-4-7-05.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	40.9 KB
ID:	11329  
flamingo-kid1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 05:47 AM   #189
2 Rivet Member
2005 28' International CCD
Atlanta , Georgia
Currently I am an environmental engineer with the state of Georgia. In three weeks I am making a move to the consulting world...I am ready!

addisons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 12:28 PM   #190
Rivet Master
1994 30' Excella
Currently Looking...
Milwaukee , Wisconsin
There should be no suprise that I am a chaplain after signing my name Chaplain Kent. I indeed am a chaplain; however, I never served in the armed forces nor in a MASH unit. I did serve in a children's hospital, a senior citizen center, and most recently at an alternative school for boys. I am now retired doing an occasional wedding, funeral, or Sunday morning fill in.
Chaplain Kent
1994 30' Excella 1000, Chummy III- Ford Excursion- 7.3 Turbo-diesel
Chaplain Kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 12:39 PM   #191
Rivet Master
1993 30' Excella
chicagoland , north of cheddar curtain
Originally Posted by addisons
Currently I am an environmental engineer with the state of Georgia. In three weeks I am making a move to the consulting world...I am ready!

does that mean you will now be driving the truck?
Illegitimous noncarborundum(dont let the bastards wear you down)

The only true nobility is found through giving good food to your friends- Anton Careme

beauty is in the eye of the beerholder-cosmo fishhawk

if something is too good to be true, its usually gone before i get there-mister boffo
norbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 07:52 PM   #192
4 Rivet Member
2002 31' Classic
Hillsboro , Texas
What do you do?

Congratulations Rivet Master!

Employed with Texas Instruments for 25 years. I was a Space Planner and a Division Coordinator for Facilities. I designed, coordinated and set-up local moves for 1, 10 or 1000 personnel. Since many large Corporations are now out-sourcing positions/functions such as mine, at 47, the lay-off got me!

A family contacted me with an opportunity to care for their parents who have memory-loss and Dementia. Being interested in Social Work, I decided to change my career path and now Iím a caregiver for Senor Adults. Now in my 3rd year, this is the most challenging, rewarding and awesome job. I look forward to each day and strive to improve the quality of life of everyone I come in contact with. The best part of being self-employed is I can arrange my calendar and enjoy the Airstream! I am meeting a lot of great people on the Forum and WBCCI.

Looking forward to more travel time!
J&C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 08:46 PM   #193
Rivet Master
Corpus Christi , Texas
I'm a retired architect specializing in children's hospitals. My wife is a retired school teacher. We retired about 5 years ago and spend about 4 months a year on the road RV'ing, and we travel about 12,000 miles each year. We bought our Airstream 16 months ago and yes, we are having the time of our lives.
Bob Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 02:24 PM   #194
Air # 3974
1986 34' Excella
south bend , Indiana
Send a message via AIM to drcharles2 Send a message via Yahoo to drcharles2
From a thread, real fabric

Have you ever noticed that this forum remembers your last visit ? Amazing. My last was 03-19-2005 at 6:05 PM, however, today I was still able to review all ten pages of this intriguing thread.

The heterogenous nature of the responses reveals less about who we are or what we do, yet more about what we share....a longing for the road. There are no losers here, regardless of where you exist on the bell curve of life, whether your day-to-day tasks may seem mundane, or if you travel in reality or only vicariously on the wings of your own imagination.

There is more to the road than nostalgia. This road has an ease, a gracefulness, a presence that fuses with the terrain, smooths our edges, awakens us, and takes you and me from what we are now, to, what we may become. It could be a limestone lane, an unstriped asphalt belt, even a rail, a canal or a river. What it is not is a tube of the hideous, the interstate (pick any number) of vinyl franchises, self-storage sheds, box motels, and miles of monstrous billboards depicting six foot high cheeseburgers. Once removed from these corridors of putrescence, we can comfortably travel outside the commercial screen of corrupted land. Beyond the numbing of mind and soul by the interstate hours, psychic survival is our anesthetic, and there is a countryside worth fighting for. Whether dreaming at your desk, in your driveway, or through those incomparable windows outlined by aluminum.

We are all descendants of wanderers, the roads shaping the land, the land shaping us. Don't cherish the road only because it is imperiled. Love and act with relish for that which you choose not to lose.

We share a road. We share the journey. Unlike an unlocked trailer, that is both a kinship and pride that no one can extricate from within. Wave as you go by.

Dr. C.

sorry about my rivet numbers,
but, like the full moon or a menstrual cramp,
I can only visit about once monthly
Patagonia, Az
South Bend, In
DeTour Village, Mi
drcharles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 03:03 PM   #195
Rivet Master
1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
Dr. C-as always, your posts are far between, but always thought provoking, entertaining reading Yours is a signature we always pull up-wouldn't miss one. Thanks for joining in. And here's our wave to you!
1995 Airstream Classic Limited 30' ~ Gypsy
1978 Argosy Minuet, 6.0~Minnie/GPZWGN
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 03:26 PM   #196
aka "Bambi's Dad"
2011 25' FB International
Santa Clarita , California
I am the drummer for the rock band Poison since day one. Currently off the road and working on a documentary film. My woman is a classical painter working on her masters degree in fine art.

AirHeadRik is offline   Reply With Quote