Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Community Polls
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

View Poll Results: Are you a member of ..........
WBCCI Only 81 28.62%
WBCCI AND VAC 45 15.90%
None of the above 142 50.18%
15 5.30%
Voters: 283. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-01-2002, 05:17 PM   #1
4 Rivet Member

Membership Stats!

Thought in would be interesting to know how many of our forum members ... are members in WBCCI and or VAC.

Your additional comments are appreciated!

DMC
airstreamcaravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2002, 05:21 PM   #2
Rivet Master

poll

When my membership expires with WBCCI, I will not be renewing.
John
John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2002, 05:24 PM   #3
4 Rivet Member

Sorry!

Sorry John,

I didn't think to include that option. Would you care to share
why with us?

DMC
Old 11-01-2002, 05:32 PM   #4
Rivet Master

informal get togethers

I've found that there are many fun loving Airstream owners who are using this forum. I feel that I will be able to join some "Forum Rally's" and be with like minded people as far as how informal the rally is. People getting together because they have A/S and they enjoy discussing them. Just like "Chevy Club". That's my hope anyways!!!
My 2 cents, John
Old 11-01-2002, 06:36 PM   #5
4 Rivet Member

Forum Rally's

Andy (Webmaster) and all!

Maybe we should think about this Forums Rally thing a little more!

I have seen where there is a rally forming in Colorado near next spring - summer ....

Maybe our litle and growing Forum group could consider forming our own "club". NOT an official splinter group of any of the traditional A/S clubs (WBCCI and VAC) ... but a new club for
our (Newer breed?) of internet savy ... extremely helpful and dedicated people to our passion .... Airstream restoration and enjoyment.

The common bond is no longer simply only owning an Airstream,
but the ability to communicate, share, gossip, poke fun, research,
and build virtual relationships .... until we finally meet in person.

I cast the first nomination for Airstream Forums to be the first newly formed A/S group in ??? years.

I call for the organization of the first annual national AIRSTREAM
FORUMS rally!

I say we should think global ... not regional ... If I can get a new axle installed ... get my tires, hubs, and rims balanced as a single unit, Get permission from my snotty village to allow my to pull my trailer out of town, purchase a better tow vehicle to handle the Rockies .... I would love to join you all in Colorado in the spring!!

DO I HEAR A SECOND??

DMC
Old 11-01-2002, 07:15 PM   #6
Rivet Master

1966 26' Overlander
Woodstock , Georgia
All of our Mystic 7 members are also members here. I suggest that the Mystic Springs Rally in April 2003 might also be an Eastern Forums Rally. We laid the groundwork for a great cooperative spirit at the first one last April.
In other words I second your motion....
ALANSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2002, 07:21 PM   #7
Rivet Master

I'm in!

Alan,

Sounds great and is you at the Eastern Forum Rally in April 2003.
John
Old 11-01-2002, 07:22 PM   #8
Rivet Master

see you at ....
Old 11-01-2002, 07:53 PM   #9
Rivet Master

Dallas , Texas
Just a note about the membership stats poll...

In order to join the VAC, you must first be a member of WBCCI. So you shouldn't have any votes for VAC membership only.
Old 11-01-2002, 10:03 PM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

1964 26' Overlander
1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
Anna , Illinois
Send a message via Yahoo to overlander64
Membership Stats!

I was a WBCCI member for several months before I learned about the VAC - - this was in 1994. Added my VAC membership sometime in 1995. In the intervening years, I have thoroughly enjoyed every International Rally since 1998 as well as many local and regional events.

I am always looking for good opportunities to use one of my trailers. It looks like my first trip with the Argosy may be to the International Rally in Vermont. My travel time is limited to the summer months when school is not in session as I am a full-time public school teacher.

Kevin
WBCCI (Lifetime Member)/VAC #7864
AIR #827
1964 Overlander International
overlander64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2002, 10:51 PM   #11
Rivet Master

Dallas , Texas
Kevin - we hope to make Vermont, but are more confident we'll be in Lansing, MI in 2004.

I never met a WBCCI rally I didn't like. Well, there was the rally next to the field. The farmer spread the chicken manure the day before the rally started. But that wasn't the rally, it was the location.

Any chance to get away is a good thing!
Old 11-02-2002, 12:49 AM   #12
hex

Talking Big Blue Hair

Sure I will join em all. but can not til I transfer title.
Figure it can't hurt.
Do those Blue Berets come in a 10 3/8? I suppose there is a secret ceremony around a blazing coleman lantern to recieve the beret, all revelers clad in awning-blue striped zip-dee pajamas, toddys in hand...right?

Actually figure I'm 3-4 years away from an actual rally with Airstream in tow. But if a member, can you attend sans trailer? You know get a feel for it all and head to the motel.

It'll prob'ly take a while for my registration. I suppose they'll turn down the first 50 Wally numbers I request. And of course I'll never register as HeX, probably be albtrossed if I did.
hex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2002, 06:20 AM   #13
Retired Moderator

1992 29' Excella
madison , Wisconsin
"I suppose there is a secret ceremony around a blazing coleman lantern to recieve the beret, all revelers clad in awning-blue striped zip-dee pajamas, toddys in hand...right? "

all done to the shrill whine of dremel tools!

hex, you crack me up!!!

john
john hd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2002, 01:45 PM   #14
4 Rivet Member

Error

Would one of the moderators please delete VAC only from this poll? Thank you

DMC
Old 11-02-2002, 01:59 PM   #15
Moderator Emeritus

1964 26' Overlander
Anna , Illinois
Membership Stats!

Greetings Hex

Quote:
Actually figure I'm 3-4 years away from an actual rally with Airstream in tow. But if a member, can you attend sans trailer? You know get a feel for it all and head to the motel.
There have been provisions for members to attend WBCCI International Rallys without their RVs at each of the Internationals that I have attended. The most interesting accommodations were at Boise (if memory serves correct). At this particular International, the University that was home to most of our activities made dormitory rooms available at a very reasonable price for members wishing to attend without their RV - - I believe all one had to do was provide their bed and bath linens with a charge of under $30 per night. At most of the other Internationals that I have attended, there were hotels that offered special deals to WBCCI members who were attending without their RVs.

Attending in this manner does give one an opportunity to get a feel for the Rally experience as well as a chance to get acquainted with the many interesting people who attend these Rallys. The only thing that one might miss out on attending in this manner are the impromptu activities that spontaneously develop at the rally site. My advice to a novice (first-timer) planning to attend an International or major rally in this manner would be to try to get acquainted with someone who will also be in attendance who will act as a mentor - - having a mentor who is parked on site would mean that you would be less likely to miss out on the impromptu activities that can provide some of the longest lasting memories of the rally.

Kevin
AIR #827
Old 11-02-2002, 08:44 PM   #16
Administrator

1961 16' Bambi
Dallas , Texas
Wink VAC Only...

I am a member of VAC only...
Andy R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2002, 09:31 PM   #17
4 Rivet Member

I thought you could ......

I thought you could be a sponsored or part of a local in VAC only ...

I am to believe that I now stand un-corrected?

http://www.airstream.net/membership.html

Now I'm getting really confused ..... (like thats new)

DMC
Old 11-02-2002, 10:05 PM   #18
Moderator Emeritus

1964 26' Overlander
Anna , Illinois
What Airstream Clubs do you belong to? - Membership Stats!

RE: Vintage Airstream Club Membership

There has been a fair amount of confusion regarding VAC membership. Membership was clarified by the VAC governing board at its annual meeting during the WBCCI International in Rapid City. The following clarifications were issued:

Member: Owns a Vintage Airstream RV that is 25 years of age or older and is a member of WBCCI (Wally Byam Caravan Club International). Members are eligible to vote as well as hold office or be appointed to positions within the VAC.

Associate: a a member of WBCCI who does not own a Vintage unit but wish for mutually beneficial reasons to belong. Associate members have all the benefits of a regular member, except that they do not vote and may not be elected to office or park their trailer in the Vintage area at the annual WBCCI International Rally. VAC associates may be appointed to a position within VAC.

Friend: A subscriber to the quarterly Vintage Airstream Club publication, The Vintage Advantage .

As an Intra-Club of the WBCCI, it is not possible to be a full member (of VAC) without first becoming a member of WBCCI and then satisfying the Intra-Club's membership requirements. This is true for all WBCCI Intra-Clubs including VAC, Free Wheelers, The Computer Club, Radio Club, etc. Most, however, do offer newsletter subscriptions to "friends" of the organization who are not members of the parent organization, and these subscriptions are strictly subscriptions to the newsletter.

(In addition to WBCCI and VAC memberships, I am also a member of the Free Wheelers, and the Computer Club)

Kevin
AIR #827
Old 11-03-2002, 09:50 AM   #19
Rivet Master

Dallas , Texas
Thank you Kevin for that wonderful clarification.
Old 11-04-2002, 07:11 AM   #20
4 Rivet Member

1955 30' Liner Commodore Vanderbilt
Wayne County , Michigan
Rally and other clubs

There is the potential for a Forums Rally in Ohio next year too! Might be closer for you, Airstream Caravel. There sems to be quite a bit of interest springing up all over!

I just joined the Tin Can Tourists this year. It's a fun, impromptu, small club that is trying to grow and gather interest for all vintage units. Some of them are really vintage and really cool! check out their rally pictures on their website.

I'd be all for joining a Forums Club too, I've gained quite a bit of knowledge here, not to mention enjoyed reading the entertaining dialogue between some of you characters! I would look forward to meeting you someday. Informal gatherings, minus rules and regs, could be fun and another great reason to just get out and travel!
"Hawley"
TAC Member MI-6
2008 Chevy Silverado Ext. Z71 w3.73
Jabba is offline   Reply With Quote