View Poll Results: Did the airstreamforums site influence you in buying your Airstream?
Yes, the site influenced me and I bought a used unit. 228 34.08%
Yes, the site influenced me and I bought a new unit. 92 13.75%
No, I already owned one or would have bought one anyway even if the forum didn't exist. 349 52.17%
Voters: 669. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-09-2005, 09:01 AM   #43
Site Team
1975 25' Tradewind
Dewey , Arizona
5 Days

Yes this forum has been a lifesaver for me. I have been looking for a TT for the last 8 months. After an 1800 mile round trip only to find a "project" not a TT, I was very down and out. I started a post about the trip and the replies were great. Because of this forum I will join the ranks as the proud owner of a "brand new" 75 Trade Wind on this Thursday!

Thanks again to Brad, Ken, Uwe and everyone else for their support!

WBCCI President 2016-2017
azflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005, 09:45 AM   #44
Moderator dude

1966 26' Overlander
Phoenix , Arizona
Glad to hear it! Congrats on your new to you gem!

1966 Mercury Park Lane 4 DR Breezeway 410 4V, C-6, 2.80 - Streamless.
1966 Lincoln 4 door Convertible 462 4V 1971 Ford LTD Convertible 429 4V Phoenix ~ Yeah it's hot however it's a dry heat!
Action is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005, 11:17 AM   #45
4 Rivet Member

2004 30' Classic
Johnson City , Texas
Send a message via MSN to gklott Send a message via Yahoo to gklott
Without the support and information through this forum, I doubt we would have purchased an RV - period.

The AS owners, as a whole, seem to enjoy having an RV and the life associated with its use. That we picked up, and we agree now being a 2 year owner.

The AS problems are terrible given the reputation and price. However, I have no means to compare with other large RV owner groups. I can say the encouragement and support we received here is a prime reason for us not selling ours after the first year.

The greatest part of this forum is the open and honest expression of the good and the bad.

Gus - KR4K : Mary - K5MCL
2004 30ft. Classic dinette
2003 GMC Sierra 2500HD CrewCab/Shortbed diesel
gklott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005, 11:29 AM   #46
1 Rivet Member
Exclamation So much info...and so valuable...

This is my first posting...but I have been reading this site for months just getting information. We are planning on buying an airstream at the end of this year so I have been reading constantly on TV's, sewage solutions, hitches, and "what not to do." There is so much valuable information here...and such friendly people...that I couldn't even imagine buying an A/S without this resource...

This site has even convinced me to buy a different model than we were originally planning....and believe me, as we get closer to buying, I will definitely be posting a number of questions....
Lamb & Elk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005, 12:08 PM   #47
Round on both ends
1979 31' Excella 500
1975 28' Argosy 28
Rutledge , Georgia
HI, Lamb & Elk,

Welcome to the forums. You'll certainly find helpful people here.

About the poll...

How I came to get my 1979 Excella started when my sister told me that I ought to get a newer trailer shortly after last Christmas. This thought had never occurred to me.

After doing a lot of internet surfing for forums, I landed here and have never looked back. I found the trailer on another forum, contacted the seller, and he sent me to a webpage with about FIFTY pictures of it, of all parts of it, including the belly pan, closeups of the axles and running gear, everything! I was impressed that he wasn't trying to hide anything.

Three days and a thousand miles later, I was in Grand Rapids, Michigan. I remember seeing it for the first time. I came around a curve in the driveway and up a little hill, and there it was under an extension of the barn (made expressely for it). It took about five seconds to realize that I would be pulling the trailer home and it would be MINE. I don't think three or four defects would have changed my mind, but I didn't find any at all, even poking around in the closet, under the gaucho, and under the bathroom sink.

Since then, I've found that the water system got a little customized due to the line going to the reel getting freeze damage and I have a little work to do to the belly pan if it ever stops raining... And the clearcoat needs redoing.

Happiness, I've learned from this forum, is an intact floor. (Now all I have to do is to KEEP it that way.)
SafeHarbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005, 12:35 PM   #48
1 Rivet Member
2004 28' Classic
Winterville , North Carolina
We had already purchased our airstream but I was looking for information that would help us learn about our new camper. We found it on this forum!!! Long time lurker, first time poster, we feel very proud to be a part of this wonderful group. No matter what the question, there is always someone who can give an answer. We had a great time in Springfield and it was really nice putting faces with names and the GTG at Hunters was first class!!! We look forward to this forum every day. Again Thanks Leland and Gail
ford8n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 06:26 PM   #49
2 Rivet Member
Exclamation because of this site

I bought my argosy 28 because of the knowledge sharing forum for least I know I have a quality unit and many good people to share info and even lend a hand. If you had to pay for that service in Corporate America terms it would be costly (finger maybe a toe). This way you are making a legacy for airstream, you are getting into airstream for a reasonable even "cheap" way because of the information and help.why would you go another way?

Many thanks to all of you.

JeffTerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 06:46 PM   #50
Rivet Master
1984 29' Sovereign
Savannah , Missouri
Send a message via ICQ to 53flyingcloud Send a message via Yahoo to 53flyingcloud Send a message via Skype™ to 53flyingcloud

Originally Posted by PaulaFord
Without the help and support of people on this site I'd probably still be hemming and hawing around.

Tonight I sleep under the gentle curve of my CCD's dome. AH!

Vern Townsend of RV's of NH has been spectacular and I've made a lifelong friend. He's from Va. Beach originally and he delivered my Airstream & Suburban which he found for me. We've camped side by side for 4 days and today he rode (fearlessly I hope) beside me as I towed my 22ft CCD to it's new home, Indian Cove Resort. Great experience, no pressure, lots of advice and really listened to find out what was right for me.

On my part I introduced him to some great barbecue - and a neat 12 year old single malt scotch. Going to bed now.

Tin Lizzie
Thanks T L,
That goes both ways many times over~!
LOV THAT Barbecue~!!!
(12 yr old scotch aint bad either^&^)
Back to the thread..
I had gone thru my 53FC and was onto my second A/S long before this site showed up..Picked up yet another A/S, for which, I'm in long term restoration..
Denial..denial..denial.. lmao
Actually heard abt this site when Andy first showed up on my A/S website over on yahoo with posting of it's birth~!(Which still lingers around)
The A/S info on this site has been and, may it always be... of the highest order~
WBCCI 5292 AIR 807
NEU #64
New England Unit
53flyingcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 07:31 PM   #51
2 Rivet Member
I've wanted an airstream for 25+ years, and am so stoked to finally own one.
rickyandcook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 06:38 PM   #52
Post Skin, Newbie

The site itself was not enough to influence me to be adicted to the brand. The deciding factor was the energy that I felt from the collective owners group. You are some of the most dynamicly motivated and focused people that I have encountered since I got out of the military (USAF) in 1992! In fact I almost bought a slaped together 5th wheel lightweight last week. Somthing made me hesitate. I am glad that I listened to my heart. This is the segment of the RV population where We (my wife, Tilly) belong. I have always been a wanderer, easily bored, and soon distracted. The lifeforce flowing through you folks is very strong. I can't wait to purchace my first and start enjoying and learning in such a captivating enviornment. When the challanges are great so are the rewards! buy the way I was one of the primary bidders on the 66 that went on Ebay today that was being discussed on another thread. Outbid, not ment to be yet.
In due time. I am glad to feel as part of a group that is so talented, smart and whitty, By the way dave thanks for starting the ball rolling. I'm on board and excited about the ride! Hi everybody.
Skin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 06:52 PM   #53
Moderator dude

1966 26' Overlander
Phoenix , Arizona
Originally Posted by rickyandcook
I've wanted an airstream for 25+ years, and am so stoked to finally own one.

I think you have made an awesome purchase.

However I am biased.

1966 Mercury Park Lane 4 DR Breezeway 410 4V, C-6, 2.80 - Streamless.
1966 Lincoln 4 door Convertible 462 4V 1971 Ford LTD Convertible 429 4V Phoenix ~ Yeah it's hot however it's a dry heat!
Action is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 11:17 PM   #54
Rivet Master
2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Send a message via Skype™ to GT1963
Absolutely Influenced our Decision

First - this pole is just fine and a thread that has encouraged more first timers to post on this forum - which is a great thing! Welcome and Hi to all you newbies - it was but a mere 19 months ago we were at this cross-roads......To buying our first RV.

Step one - searched "trailers" - primarily SOB's

Step two - searched trailer manufactures by Alpha

Step three - "A"irstream - landed their Corporate Site - and visions of new 2004 rigs - bringing back memories of the Moon Landing and my first glimpse of an Airstream. Clicked on the Price list - We just dropped that coinage on our Water Front Property 5 months earlier - so a new one was not in the books.

Step four - Checked out the Classifieds and found the 69 Globe Trotter for Sale with only one exterior shot and a 1000 questions I had to learn more and see more.

Step five - Keyed in this and spent hours on the cool links - and one of those links was this forum. While I was patiently waiting for the PO to send us some interior photos I lurked for hours and spent many more in the Photo section.

Step six - the pics arrived and we fell in love with what we saw - but now needed the advice of those "who had been there and done that". So it was "newbie night at the forum" and we laid question after question - and well just gabbed and gabbed until we felt comfortable. The "inspection" service was a big help - and if not for that service we would not have our trailer today. And would not have been able to restore her as we have without the huge help here and only here. Tried the Airstream Forum and it was "empty"!

And we would not have taken the next plunge in adding to our fleet with the 61 Overlander and certainly would not have jumped on a 99 Crashed unit either. But we are here having a great time and there truly are some really nice people here both forum members and WBCCI/VAC members alike.
Everything will be alright in the end. If it is not alright now, then it is not the end.
GT1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 02:47 PM   #55
1977 31' Sovereign
Kalispell , Montana
Can't Go Online Without It.

I already owened mine before I found this site, But it sure would have been nice to get owner input before I bought it. I ended up with a very well taken care of sovereign. This is a great site, good people, good friends, and many happy trails to the end..
1977 31' landyacht Sovereign
davidh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 09:18 PM   #56
3 Rivet Member
2005 31' Classic
Castalain Springs , Tennessee
We just traded our Coachmen motorhome for a 31ft classic this past Wednesday and I just started reading this forum tonight. So it did not influence our decision to purchase but I can see visiting this forum will make owning it even more enjoyable. Looking forward to reading many helpful posts here.

GreggH is offline   Reply With Quote