Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Community Polls
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

View Poll Results: If the WBCCI changes it’s Logo and Identity, will you renew your membership?
Yes, I would renew with the new club. 59 73.75%
No, I would not renew my membership in the WBCCI. 9 11.25%
I am undecided. 12 15.00%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-20-2005, 04:49 PM   #1
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
1954 25' Cruiser
1990 34.5' Airstream 345
VC Highlands , Nevada
Send a message via Skype™ to Buttercup
Renew in WBCCI

Some Forum members who are also WBCCI members have expressed opinions both for and against the proposed logo and identity changes the WBCCI may be making. If the WBCCI changes it’s Logo and Identity, will you renew your membership?
Buttercup's Web Site. WBCCI #17330, 11281 & 7830. VAC Past President, TAC NV-2 & NV-3
Buttercup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 04:52 PM   #2

1968 17' Caravel
Battle Ground , Washington
I will probably renew just because my unit is a very good one, and we enjoy doing things with them. It's the unit that makes the club worthwhile to me.

Stefrobrts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 05:07 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
2015 27' Flying Cloud
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
"What's in a name? That which we call a rose
By any other word would smell as sweet."
--From Romeo and Juliet

The people who I call my friends will not change just because of a name change of the club that brought us together ~

Shari
WBCCI #1824 - DenCO Unit Past President (2005)
AIR #30 - Join Date: 2-25-2002

RMVAC | ACI - CO Unit (Formerly WBCCI) | BIRDY - our 1956 Safari | 1964 Serro Scotty
InsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 05:11 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Me thinks something is rotten in the state of Denmark.

Hamlet

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 06:24 PM   #5
AIR #8691

2006 25' Safari SS SE
Northern , Virginia
Why not renew my membership? I'm in.
At my unit level (WDCU #170), it’s great.

I have to ask my self: What are we really trying to do? What is important?
Improve upon the internal organizational issues or the external face we show the world?
Sorry, but I really don’t see much to be gained with a name change, except maybe drop the “International” part. However I like the new WBCC logos with the world globe, that has been suggested on the forum.
JStanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 06:54 PM   #6
Rivet Master

2006 30' Classic
Farmington , New Mexico
We signed on Dec12/05. We're so new we haven't recieved our packet yet and already I'm wondering "why in the world did I do such a thing"?. I first became suspicious when our unit treasure asked who sponsored us. I begun to wonder if this is some kind of society that required some connection with those on the Inside to approve our membership. I'm sure glad I passed whatever test I was being judged on. After reading many of the members comments on this thread I now believe there is at least a perceived hierarchy.
As it stands it's to late to reverse my decision for this year. Darn I could hve bought 3/4 tank of Diesel for our truck. Unless this year proves me wrong I think I've had enough already. -----Pieman
Mike Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 07:41 PM   #7
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
2015 27' Flying Cloud
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
Mike ~

Sorry to hear your regret at joining without ever even particpating based on a few jaded (or mis-informed) posts here on the forums. I Hope you will take your year to get involved and meet some of the local members of the WBCCI before you throw the baby out with the bathwater ~

Shari
WBCCI #1824 - DenCO Unit Past President (2005)
AIR #30 - Join Date: 2-25-2002

RMVAC | ACI - CO Unit (Formerly WBCCI) | BIRDY - our 1956 Safari | 1964 Serro Scotty
InsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 07:45 PM   #8
Naysayer

1968 24' Tradewind
Russellville , earth
A better question perhaps....

Will changing the name do anything to make me want to join? Not near as much as reasonable fees and interesting events would.....

Visit my photography and painting website
https://rooseveltfineart.com
Instagram is r.w.roosevelt

Boondocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 08:10 PM   #9
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
OlyPen , Washington
Renew? Yes.

Why? Because I belong to a forward looking unit that is trying to change. I want to be part of that change. The best way to improve things is from within the organization. I have enjoyed meeting new folks, old and young, we have attended some cool events and organized others.

For those who complain without trying to affect change I ask you; "what would Wally do?"

AirForums Custom Search
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 08:12 PM   #10
Rivet Master

1948 16' Wee Wind
1953 21' Flying Cloud
Denver , Colorado
Keep me signed up .....

Of course I'll renew. I joined the WBCCI and VAC eight years ago to increase my Airstream trailer knowledge and to have some activities to participate when I'm retired (HA!). I found that. But even better are the great people I found locally, nationally and internationally who share my passion and perspective on trailer fun. The name under which we gather is of minor importance to the fact that we get together in person and electronically to enjoy each other's company, humor, insight and knowledge first, then our trailers second. People who get all lathered up over a name need to take a cold shower, then look around and see what is really important in life.
Fred Coldwell, WBCCI #1510, AIR #2675
Denver, Colorado - WBCCI Unit 24
Airstream Life "Old Aluminum"
Airstream Life
"From the Archives"
47WeeWind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 08:37 PM   #11
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
1954 25' Cruiser
1990 34.5' Airstream 345
VC Highlands , Nevada
Send a message via Skype™ to Buttercup
Change my vote???

I almost have to change my vote after reading the posts here. It is true that we are quite content with our unit and certainly with the attitude of the VAC. That is worth something. It is just too bad that the agent to those great resources is through an organization without that king of progressive viewpoint.
Buttercup's Web Site. WBCCI #17330, 11281 & 7830. VAC Past President, TAC NV-2 & NV-3
Buttercup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 08:39 PM   #12
Rivet Master

1962 22' Safari
2016 30' Classic
Southeast , Michigan
AOAI Oh No!

I voted "undecided". I am not opposed to the original proposal for a name change that includes the word "Airstream", as in "add Airstream to some version of the existing club name, just don't start over completely from scratch. If AOAI gets approved I may very well decide the club has completely lost its bonkers, and let my membership lapse. If sanity prevails and something more reasonable is selected and approved, I will renew. To me "more reasonable" probably still includes words like "Wally Byam" or "Byam" and "Club" and "Airstream" in the name and would not include the elitist terms "Owners" and "Association" and hopefully not "Incorporated". Let's see . . . of the current proposal the only word I wouldn't jettison is "Airstream". Imagine that?

Oh well, it's not a done deal yet. Gotta wait for the IBT to have their shot at rejecting the proposal and then let the delegates (er, I mean membership ) have their shot a rejecting it before I get too serious about quitting.

And you never know, I may regrettably decide to stay "in" even if AOAI gets approved, but if so it'll most likely be because of the VAC, which I don't currently qualify to be a full fledged member of (either gotta find that next vintage unit or wait 4 more years 'til the '85 qualifies). But if this happens you will never see "AOAI" identification on my trailer, tow vehicle, person (i.e. hat or shirt) or anywhere in the vacinity near me. How's that for attitude?
WBCCI/VAC #702 & #6768

66Overlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 08:42 PM   #13
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
I'd renew

My only hesitation to renew was the cost, yet I knew I would have to do it anyway. That's the way it goes.

The name preference is my opinion and my vote but not a deal breaker. I get a bit perturbed and frustrated at the same kinds of things that have been mentioned. I am glad to be a member of this forum which allows us to comment freely in open discussion.

And I also choose to be a member of the club.

but that doesn't change my opinions any!!!!! And I feel a little left out when I hear the new AS are not built as well as the vintage units and how cool the VAC is, and I know it is! but then I wanted an Airstream anyway, and I want to belong to the club anyway.

photography
Old 12-20-2005, 08:48 PM   #14
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
Yes, why not?

I will renew because of the friends that my wife and I have made in the past three years and for all the places we have gone to that we probably would not have gone by ourselves.

Fred, PowerWagons forever.

Bill
Bill Kerfoot, WBCCI/VAC/CAC/El Camino Real Unit #5223
Just my personal opinion
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon, 1977 Lincoln Continental, 2014 Dodge Durango
1979 23' Safari, and 1954 29' Double Door Liner Orange, CA

https://billbethsblog.blogspot.com/
wkerfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 08:50 PM   #15
Rivet Master

1948 16' Wee Wind
1953 21' Flying Cloud
Denver , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by 65GT
I'm impressed but I must say... Of all the people I could imagine, I would have thought that the VAC Historian would have been first in line to say NO to a name change. I'm picturing you'd want to preserve everything as is, as it was. Pretty unflappable I guess... __
65GT: I'm an intraclub Historian, not a Luddite. I like my leisure time machinery operable and well oiled, not pickled.
Fred Coldwell, WBCCI #1510, AIR #2675
Denver, Colorado - WBCCI Unit 24
Airstream Life "Old Aluminum"
Airstream Life
"From the Archives"
47WeeWind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 08:57 PM   #16
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
I feel a bumper sticker coming on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet
"what would Wally do?"
WWWD

photography
Old 12-20-2005, 09:35 PM   #17

1968 17' Caravel
Battle Ground , Washington
What Would Wally Do?

Janet, we've GOT to make T-shirts up now! That is too funny!

Stefrobrts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 09:56 PM   #18
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
I want to buy one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefrobrts
What Would Wally Do?

Janet, we've GOT to make T-shirts up now! That is too funny!
Who has the graphic covered, hmmmmm?

photography
Old 12-20-2005, 10:07 PM   #19
Rivet Master

2006 30' Classic
Farmington , New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsideOut
Mike ~

Sorry to hear your regret at joining without ever even particpating based on a few jaded (or mis-informed) posts here on the forums. I Hope you will take your year to get involved and meet some of the local members of the WBCCI before you throw the baby out with the bathwater ~

Shari
Shari--------------
Actually I have particpated somewhat. We went to two luncheons, once as a guess and then joined at the second. The 2nd is when I was asked who was my sponsor. We drove 100 miles round trip to one and 125 to the second which we waited for one member 1/2 hr and when they arrived they called another to remind them of the luncheon followed by another 1/2hr wait. The discussion at the 2nd was about the latest hunting trips different ones had been on. I thought this was so strange that they would have on their OFFICAL vest and all those little pins, offical name tags and not mention WBCCI or Airstreams in general. It wasn't until I asked if they were going caravan, { that's what the name implies },to the Winter Fiesta meeting in Anthony Texas that WBCCI was mentioned. Then I find out that those who are going are going to drive their cars and stay in a motel. I hardly knew how to respond to that!! Based on my expearenced and what I've read I've begun to think that a big part of this organization is just Posing. Based on my experiences thus far, is the reason I've begun to think I made a mistake.------------------Pieman
Mike Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 10:13 PM   #20
Rivet Master

2005 19' Safari
1968 24' Tradewind
Rural , Delaware
Aside from some professional organizations related to my work, I haven't been a member of anything resembling a club since I was in the Boy Scouts. We have been members of WBCCI for less than a year, and have only been to one unit rally where we met some absolutely fascinating people, young and old, with whom we share a common interest. We will renew.
SilverRanger is offline   Reply With Quote