Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Community Polls
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-17-2006, 06:51 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

2005 31' Classic
Castalain Springs , Tennessee
Preztels & Beer or Biscotti & Cappuccino?

We're ready to hit the road in our new AS and want to be ready to entertain ya'll when we meet on the road. What's your preference: preztels & beer or biscotti & cappuccino? For the last 7 years we've traveled in a MH and had plenty of room for both but now with the AS seems we have to be more selective on what we bring, so help us out here or you might find us as poor host around the campfire.
Cyndi & Gregg
Tennessee/Prince Edward Island
GreggH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 07:18 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1995 25' Excella
1961 26' Overlander
1982 34' Limited
Albuquerque , New Mexico
Send a message via Skype™ to Airstream25
Go 1st Class whenever possible

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreggH
What's your preference: preztels & beer or biscotti & cappuccino? For the last 7 years we've traveled in a MH and had plenty of room for both but now with the AS seems we have to be more selective on what we bring, so help us out here or you might find us as poor host around the campfire.
Cyndi & Gregg
Tennessee/Prince Edward Island
Well obviously, you need to please yourselves.

What I find surprising are the folks discriminating enough to select an Airstream but then live on hot dogs.
When you are 'streaming in your golden years, wouldn't you want to go first class as much as possible?
AIR #10274
Airstream25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 07:24 PM   #3
Cartoon Character

2004 34' Classic
On The Road , U.S.A.
Pretzels & Beer ... real beer ... not that lite stuff.

Although a cappuccino or an Americano sounds pretty good too!

Perhaps we'll meet on the road and do both.

TrailerGypsies.com
WBCCI #3405 — Escapees #80360

I live the life I love and I love the life I live.
-- Willie Dixon
Porky Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 09:09 PM   #4
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
If the sun is over the yardarm, I would be happy with a Bacardi and cola. If it is still early in the morning, a tasse of industrial strength coffee and a bagel will suit me fine.
Old 02-17-2006, 09:15 PM   #5
3 Rivet Member

Talking Espresso and green tea...

We do espresso drinks and green tea drinks... and fresh baked cookies or brownies. :-)
2004 Ford Excursion 6.0 PSD PWRSTRK,
and Brittany, the Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever
PWRSTRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 05:30 AM   #6
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
NW of Boston , Massachusetts
Well if you're going to be in the neighborhood, let us know ahead of time and we'll bring some homemade chocolate hazelnut biscotti for the cappucino. And if you're packing assorted tea, I'll have the chai.

On the other hand, we've never been known to turn down beer and pretzels, so it sounds like you're the perfect host no matter what you're carrying.

-J
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
LuminumTraila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 07:09 AM   #7
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

Vintage Kin Owner
Naples , Florida
Did someone say....BEER?

I always try to have a selection of NorthWest micro-brews in the CCD for that unexpected fellow 'Streamer. Keep the pretzels or whatever munchies available and we'll toss back a few.
lewster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 09:45 AM   #8
Rivet Master

1968 26' Overlander
Wenatchee WA , Cape Cod
Before noon, biscotti and cappucino. After noon, beer and pretzels will suit us fine. But remember if you feed them, you will never get rid of them.
1968 Overlander - WBCCI #5793
Uberlanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 06:36 AM   #9
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
NE , Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uberlanders
Before noon, biscotti and cappucino. After noon, beer and pretzels will suit us fine. But remember if you feed them, you will never get rid of them.
What they said!!!

Seriously, you don't do beer with breakfast (unless you are still in college) and you probably don't sit around the camp fire with an espresso or a cappucino.
AIR 7185
redeagle313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 07:37 AM   #10
Rivet Master

1994 30' Excella
Currently Looking...
Milwaukee , Wisconsin
I can not stress this enough-Miller beer is the only beer. Then there are the potato chips. Please no mass produced greasy slimy preformed fried slugs. Potato chips are a work of art if done correctly. The best are made in Burlington, Iowa by the Sterzings Co. Ohio has a few brands that come close but Rockford, IL has a a close second in Ole Salty's and of course Mr. G's. I have been through Tennessee several times and sadly have to report have yet to find an acceptable chip, although I do pass on the Miller for a sip of Jack.
I will make you a deal we always have a good supply of the best chips either local or imported. You supply the beer or Jack and it will be a party.
Old 02-19-2006, 07:56 AM   #11
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Smile It all sounds great...

'Course those of us who have even a little Irish heritage know that things can be added to coffee... am or pm...
Old 02-19-2006, 08:07 AM   #12
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

Vintage Kin Owner
Naples , Florida
Ahhhhhhhh........Chaplain,

I do believe that you have hit upon the magic elixer: An ample shot of Jack followed by a chaser of brew. I'll have the Jack on standby and the lagers on ice for when our paths cross on the road. (I don't keep my beers in no stinkin' RV refrig......just not cold enough)
lewster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 08:30 AM   #13
Retired Moderator

1992 29' Excella
madison , Wisconsin
just beer, with fruit loops if before 8 am.

john
Old 02-19-2006, 08:36 AM   #14
Moderator Emeritus

1972 31' Sovereign
High Springs , Florida
Send a message via AIM to Pick
Boy, since moving to Florida, I really miss Snyder's Potato Chips, the ones in the silver foil bag. The salt free chips were the best!

Pabst taste's like crap down here, so I have switched to Miller's which tastes excellent!
Lots of Hot Sauce!
Air # 283
WBCCI 1350
Pick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 08:49 AM   #15
1 Rivet Member

1972 31' Sovereign
Troy , Idaho
If we know you're headed our way we'll supply the beer and biscotti...that way you don't even have to worry about it...that is if you ever find yourself on Highway 8, east of Moscow, Idaho.
------------------
The enemy of art is the absence of limitations.
MeToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 09:17 AM   #16
Huh?

1975 27' Overlander
Twin Cities , Minnesota
Make mine...

... Scotch. Neat.
True drinking Airstreamers know that you can use up a lot of your GVW just toting a little beer along.
So pound for pound and serving for serving you'll be able to do a lot more "entertaining" if you carry some kind of booze.
Have fun,
Jerry
Ultradog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 09:28 AM   #17
1 Rivet Member

1972 31' Sovereign
Troy , Idaho
Sacrifices must be made

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultradog
... Scotch. Neat.
True drinking Airstreamers know that you can use up a lot of your GVW just toting a little beer along.
So pound for pound and serving for serving you'll be able to do a lot more "entertaining" if you carry some kind of booze.
Have fun,
Jerry

Point well taken, but to avoid the psychological malfunctions that occur when you mix my brain with spirits, I've had to simply get a bigger truck! Next upgrade: Freightliner!
------------------
The enemy of art is the absence of limitations.
MeToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 09:42 AM   #18
3 Rivet Member

wasco , Oregon
How do YOU define PARTY???

1. Dancing around the campfire while swilling CAPPUCCINO!!!

2. Dancing around the campfire while swilling BEER (PREFERABLY NORTHWEST MICROS)!!!

3. Laying toes up IN the campfire after having one JACK AND JACK WITH A JACK BACK (THATS JACK DANIALS AND YUKON JACK WITH A MAD JACK BACK)!!! Danger---Don't try this one unless you are alone or with someone!!!!!!

Bob of Bob and Molly
Old 02-19-2006, 11:19 AM   #19
Rivet Master

Tonka Bay
Just got back from traveling for a week to Massachusetts of all places (from Minnesota). At least it warmed up to about 60 there. Can't say much for being back to 0 here.

Anyway, we just spent a week fending off sugar in our coffee. Gotta understand the semantics at a Dunkin Donuts. Regular means sugar and cream I guess and black means just sugar. In Minnesota BLACK means black with no nuthin'. We learned quick. I like my coffee straight. I like my bourbon the same way.

In Cochabamba, Bolivia, Americano was a heavy surup of coffee topped with hot water to bring it back to standard brew. They too hovered with the sugar and cream and looked at you strangely when you refused it. It was easier drinking coca tea.

My beer tends to microbrew only. It was Wachusett Porter last week. It is a Summit Grand right now at home. I will not drink Bud or Miller. I let them fight it out on TV with cute commercials. If I drink a mass brand it might be Leinenkugels. OK, that's stepping out at least in the upper Midwest.
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 01:32 PM   #20
3 Rivet Member

2005 31' Classic
Castalain Springs , Tennessee
Thanks for your fun replies everyone. This is Gregg's wife Cyndi. The truth is we carry so much with us we can create almost any kind of party on a moments notice so you are all welcome to stop by any old time. Bet we will have something you like What usually gets the most ooohhs and aaahhs though is the true southern peach cobbler that I can whip up before we have a good fire going so prepare to throw away ideas for a healthy diet at least one evening. Have to say though that I am going to have to start searching for some of those ultimate chips out there.
Cyndi
GreggH is offline   Reply With Quote