Old 03-09-2013, 08:16 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2012 16' Sport
2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Concord , North Carolina
No response from sellers??

Has anyone else had the experience of responding to classifieds (not just here) and gotten no response? Very odd to me. We have just started looking for a Bambi, 16, or 19 ft. In one case, we thought the trailer may have sold when we didn't hear back, but my husband talked to the wife who said her husband was handling it and to call back later. We've left a couple of messages on voice mail (no answer), emails, but heard nothing back. Just weird to me. Since we're new, is there any kind of weird thing going on, like the trailers don't really exist or something?? Just wondering what others have encountered. Thanks!

Old 03-09-2013, 08:29 AM   #2
3 Rivet Member

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Merkel , Texas
Many of us had similar experiences while searching for our eventual purchase. There may be many different explanations including scams, indifference and already sold units. My understanding is that many times the scammers are just trying to acquire personal information about you, such as phone numbers and email addresses. Many have mentioned on here ways to spot scams. One thing I noticed was that they only have one or two pictures of the trailer and only the exterior. Prices that are too good to be true. It isn't a conspiracy against you. Just be aware and good luck in your search for just the right unit.

Old 03-09-2013, 11:15 AM   #3
Rivet Master

1999 30' Excella 1000
Nellysford , Virginia
When we found the ones we wanted to go look at we picked up the phone. One of the couples didn't respond to email or classified responses, but were delighted [via phone] to hear we were fellow Virginians, and invited us over to see the rig they had for sale.
TAC VA-18 | WBCCI 1927 - Unit 149 | AIR 53869
Canopener Site #144
http://www.linkedin.com/in/gheuer
Silver Otter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 12:12 PM   #4
cwf
Rivet Master

1999 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Round Rock , By Grace of God, Texas!
level of interest?

I wonder if there are folks who are just testing the waters?

Maybe one spouse said.. "Sell that tin can!" and the other spouse says.. "I have it on the classifieds... and I am going Airstreaming this week..."

Since many I have seen are on 'private' property, maybe these folks are waiting until someone proves real interest and respect...something I sure would do. since I don't want them to be doing something they would regret..

Then again, some folks are so busy they just forget... That happens every time I see the sun come up..
Old 03-09-2013, 12:20 PM   #5
3 Rivet Member

Vintage Kin Owner
Portland , Oregon
Everybody is busy, and even if you're trying to sell something it can be tough to field calls, emails etc. so things slip.

It also helps to look at your approach. A casual email won't get the same response as an email, a text and a phone call that all say "I want it, and have cash." Get the appointment to look at it, and go from there.

Some people do better by phone, others email, some text. Try all three. The older generations tend to respond better to phone calls. I also answer calls faster as I assume they are more serious. Sending an email is easy.

When I'm selling something it's easy to tell the fishers from the serious buyers, and I will usually ignore the fishers if I'm busy.

Good luck!
Old 03-09-2013, 07:31 PM   #6
2 Rivet Member

2012 16' Sport
2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Concord , North Carolina
Thanks you guys...and guess what? We did get a call back today! I had emailed, sent messages, my husband called, and I made the last call yesterday, over a period of about a week, week and a half or so. And, you're right, as I told my husband today, turn the situation around (which was where I was when we sold the last camper we had, Holiday Rambler Alumalite) you really don't know who you're dealing with, and everyone is so busy...so I'm happy. We go tomorrow to take a look. (: Thanks everybody!
Old 03-28-2013, 09:50 AM   #7
Rivet Master

2015 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Western , ** Big Sky Country ** Montana
And a wish for good luck; HE has a plan.

* 2015 Duramax 2500 Diesel * Honda EU3000iS
<>2015 International LE Eddie Bauer FB25<>
mefly2 is offline   Reply With Quote