View Poll Results: Do you regret your new(er) Airstream purchase?
Yes 11 9.02%
No 111 90.98%
Voters: 122. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 03-09-2010, 06:38 PM   #57
SophieHaus
 
Sophiehaus's Avatar
 
2018 25' Flying Cloud
2007 25' International CCD FB
2006 23' Safari SE
Cave Creek , Arizona
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 9
Images: 14
I own a 25 ft FB International. I have so many miles on it that I had to get new tires within a year and a half of ownership. I have towed it more than 30,000 miles in mountainous terrain and snowy country. I have had a few problems, but they have been fixed under warranty. The two year warranty is awesome. However, I have not been satisfied with my dealer.
I read this forum regularly and I see that the same bunch of complainers also read and post regularly. They are depressing negative people. Life is too short to be so focused on the negative. If you are extremely disappointed with your Airstream, then sell it. There is a shortage of used Airstream available for sale. Also, if you still like RVing buy an SOB and join another forum. Most of them have their own forums. Somehow, I think if you do this you will poison their forum as well.
__________________

__________________
Sophiehaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 06:45 PM   #58
A.K.A "THE STREAM"
 
THEPILL's Avatar
 
2010 25' FB International
Arlington , Texas
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,285
Images: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiehaus View Post
I own a 25 ft FB International. I have so many miles on it that I had to get new tires within a year and a half of ownership. I have towed it more than 30,000 miles in mountainous terrain and snowy country. I have had a few problems, but they have been fixed under warranty. The two year warranty is awesome. However, I have not been satisfied with my dealer.
I read this forum regularly and I see that the same bunch of complainers also read and post regularly. They are depressing negative people. Life is too short to be so focused on the negative. If you are extremely disappointed with your Airstream, then sell it. There is a shortage of used Airstream available for sale. Also, if you still like RVing buy an SOB and join another forum. Most of them have their own forums. Somehow, I think if you do this you will poison their forum as well.
AMEN!!!!!!!!

Shane
__________________

__________________
http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g2...h_postcard.jpg

"Stay Thirsty My Friends"

Tow Vehicle" 2011 Superduty Diesel!!"

TAC ID TX-1432
THEPILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 06:46 PM   #59
Rivet Master
 
SilverRanger's Avatar
 
2005 19' Safari
1968 24' Tradewind
Rural , Delaware
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,475
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalcutjoe View Post
SR,

Thanks for bringing me up to speed...
I haven't been through the 'town hall' thread, yet... heading there now

Tx again,
-Joe
Great! It could prove interesting. Please keep in mind, as 2air pointed out, many relevant posts were lost, so some necessary context will be missing. This thread has proven to be interesting. Thanks again for starting it.
__________________
2005 Bambi
1968 Trade Wind
2007 Ford F250 4x4 Crew
WDCU
SilverRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 06:54 PM   #60
Rivet Master
 
dkottum's Avatar
 
2012 25' Flying Cloud
Battle Lake , Minnesota
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 7,716
He didn't pull any punches.

We have been traveling in our Airstream since October and it is nothing but a wonderful experience. We are in a park right now with over 200 SOB's, and two of us 'streamers. Wouldn't give this up for any of them because it's beautiful to look at, and performs its function perfectly.
__________________
dkottum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 07:12 PM   #61
Rivet Master
 
wheel interested's Avatar
 
2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 7,039
Best advice for new owners may be to avert your eyes to threads about QC or to realize entering them you will hear the bad as well as the good.

I think many people do understand that new is not perfect whether a house a car or a trailer.

That is not to minimize people's expectations that Airstream stand behind their 2 year warranty and for the greater part, with the new exception of corrosion issues... they do whatever they can to satisfy customers when you take the pilgrimage back to the mothership. It also is a great experience... parking in the terraport, having a lounge to watch tv, read, catch up on e-mails and surf the internet. Or perhaps you would like to take the tour of the factory. I take the tour every opportunity I have at least once a visit if not more. It is educational and fun. You get a really nice pen too. I think that is nice touch. You can ask questions and Don will even work your preferences and questions into the group tour. You can shop in the store and the girls up front are friendly accommodating and will find you whatever you are looking for, really. You get professional and friendly service above and beyond every time you visit. No exaggeration. There is also free coffee and hot chocolate and a pet friendly lounge to nap or visit with other Airstreamers.

We have bought 4 new Airstreams. Our last new Airstream was a 2007 and since then we have purchased two more but subsequently these have been previously owned and gently used. The savings can be phenominal. However a brand new Airstream is a very special feeling. I would caution you that many think their first will be their last only to change in the near future.

We do not regret purchasing a new Airstream. However one cannot deny that purchasing almost new and saving a lot of money that could be used traveling could also make the heart swell with pride and add to the entire experience.
__________________
Caroljb



photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 07:42 PM   #62
Rivet Master
 
SilverRanger's Avatar
 
2005 19' Safari
1968 24' Tradewind
Rural , Delaware
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,475
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiehaus View Post
I own a 25 ft FB International. I have so many miles on it that I had to get new tires within a year and a half of ownership. I have towed it more than 30,000 miles in mountainous terrain and snowy country.
It's always interesting, and encouraging, to hear from someone who has had a really positive experience with their Airstream. Especially from someone who actually uses it. I've put a lot of miles on mine too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiehaus View Post
I have had a few problems, but they have been fixed under warranty. The two year warranty is awesome. However, I have not been satisfied with my dealer. I read this forum regularly and I see that the same bunch of complainers also read and post regularly.They are depressing negative people.
I guess that's where we differ. My experience has been quite the opposite. Can you wrap your head around the concept that people may have different experiences? For instance, I acknowledge and respect your positive experience. You will notice that I don't dismiss your experiences, and categorize you in such a negative manner. Do you think it possible to have a civilized discussion without taking a cheap shot the other party? I believe this thread was started in that very spirit. That said, I'm looking forward to more of your contributions to the forum.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiehaus View Post
If you are extremely disappointed with your Airstream, then sell it.
Not a chance. Despite the problems, I love my Airstream(s) and, now that I've invested a great amount of time and resources to get it just like I want it, I can't imagine getting rid of it. Not going to happen. Please consider that it's not the Airstream trailer that has not met expectations, but Airstream the company. I didn't expect perfection., and never have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiehaus View Post
... Also, if you still like RVing buy an SOB and join another forum. Most of them have their own forums. Somehow, I think if you do this you will poison their forum as well.
I have already owned a pop up and a small SOB, and got exactly what I paid for. That's all I was expecting from Airstream. RVing? I like Airstreaming, and this forum, and no amount of stereotyping, categorizing, or insults by fellow forum members could possibly change that.
__________________
2005 Bambi
1968 Trade Wind
2007 Ford F250 4x4 Crew
WDCU
SilverRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 07:48 PM   #63
Rivet Master
 
SilverRanger's Avatar
 
2005 19' Safari
1968 24' Tradewind
Rural , Delaware
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,475
Quote:
Originally Posted by THEPILL View Post
AMEN!!!!!!!!

Shane
Shane, I truly admire your enthusiasm about your new Airstream. My initial experience was similar. I can't wait to hear more from you after you have used it.
__________________
2005 Bambi
1968 Trade Wind
2007 Ford F250 4x4 Crew
WDCU
SilverRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 07:52 PM   #64
_
 
. , .
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 8,812
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverRanger View Post
... This thread has proven to be interesting. Thanks again for starting it.
i noticed earlier when posting that the thread TITLE has been changed?

my imagination or has the "remorse" word been flushed?

not that i care but NOW it's a 'satisfaction survey' or was that always in the title?

your idea fc' or was this a gentle suggestion from others ?

or did i just imagine it ALL...

cheers
2air'
__________________
all of the true things that i am about to tell you are shameless lies. l.b.j.

we are here on earth to fart around. don't let anybody tell you any different. k.v.
2airishuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 08:09 PM   #65
2 Rivet Member
 
2010 27' FB International
Birmingham , Michigan
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 62
Holly Cow!!!

I am expecting delivery of a 2010 27FB International the first of April.

I felt really good about my decision to purchase until reading many of the comments in this stream. I have a sinking feeling that I've made a mistake purchasing a product from a company that has major product and assembly issues and doesn't stand behind their work.

Given the money I'm putting out for my AS, and my excitement to get a "top" product from a good company...I sure hope my decision is rewarded.

The alternative is an ugly concept.

Wow...I realize I am almost in a bit of a state of shock at this point.

What have I done????
__________________
Aquabud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 08:17 PM   #66
Rivet Master
 
SilverRanger's Avatar
 
2005 19' Safari
1968 24' Tradewind
Rural , Delaware
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,475
Give it a chance, and enjoy your new Airstream, Aquabud. And, congratulations!! I'm betting you have a great experience.
__________________
2005 Bambi
1968 Trade Wind
2007 Ford F250 4x4 Crew
WDCU
SilverRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 08:19 PM   #67
Rivet Master
 
SilverRanger's Avatar
 
2005 19' Safari
1968 24' Tradewind
Rural , Delaware
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,475
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2airishuman View Post

or did i just imagine it ALL...

cheers
2air'
Aliens again?
__________________
2005 Bambi
1968 Trade Wind
2007 Ford F250 4x4 Crew
WDCU
SilverRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 08:32 PM   #68
A.K.A "THE STREAM"
 
THEPILL's Avatar
 
2010 25' FB International
Arlington , Texas
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,285
Images: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquabud View Post
I am expecting delivery of a 2010 27FB International the first of April.

I felt really good about my decision to purchase until reading many of the comments in this stream. I have a sinking feeling that I've made a mistake purchasing a product from a company that has major product and assembly issues and doesn't stand behind their work.

Given the money I'm putting out for my AS, and my excitement to get a "top" product from a good company...I sure hope my decision is rewarded.

The alternative is an ugly concept.

Wow...I realize I am almost in a bit of a state of shock at this point.

What have I done????
Exactly my thoughts before my purchase and when I saw this site. I've only had my 2010 25 FB ccd International over a month. Just Relax. It's gonna be ok, trust me. I've had minor problems. You will also,I'm sure. Just keep in mind, these are built by hand. Human hands. Humans make errors. But in the end, they fix it. No matter how minor. It gets fixed. You made an awesome choice. I too was worried from some of these horror stories on here. But your not hearing both sides. A lot of Airstream owners don't even know about this site. A lot of Airstreamers don't even post unless something is wrong. Just relax, get excited and keep looking at the brochure. Airstreams are built to last, a lot better than those SOB cracker boxes. Go look for yourself. You will Very seldom see a 20 year old crackerbox going down the road.

I had the same worries you are going through now <have I said that already>...

Everything will be fine.

SHane
__________________
http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g2...h_postcard.jpg

"Stay Thirsty My Friends"

Tow Vehicle" 2011 Superduty Diesel!!"

TAC ID TX-1432
THEPILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 08:47 PM   #69
2 Rivet Member
 
2010 27' FB International
Birmingham , Michigan
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by THEPILL View Post
Exactly my thoughts before my purchase and when I saw this site. I've only had my 2010 25 FB ccd International over a month. Just Relax. It's gonna be ok, trust me. I've had minor problems. You will also,I'm sure. Just keep in mind, these are built by hand. Human hands. Humans make errors. But in the end, they fix it. No matter how minor. It gets fixed. You made an awesome choice. I too was worried from some of these horror stories on here. But your not hearing both sides. A lot of Airstream owners don't even know about this site. A lot of Airstreamers don't even post unless something is wrong. Just relax, get excited and keep looking at the brochure. Airstreams are built to last, a lot better than those SOB cracker boxes. Go look for yourself. You will Very seldom see a 20 year old crackerbox going down the road.

I had the same worries you are going through now <have I said that already>...

Everything will be fine.

SHane
Thanks, SHane.

You've actually made me feel a lot better. I guess I just got caught up on some of the ugly threads I've been reading.

I will deal with the reality when it comes my way.

Do you have ANY suggestions for what I might look for upon delivery or what kind of issues you experienced?
__________________
Aquabud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 08:59 PM   #70
2 Rivet Member
 
2008 19' International CCD
Spring , Texas
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverRanger View Post
Great thread, Joe. ...

Frankly, I was letting all this pass until the "Town Meeting" thread. I thought it was a great concept, but poorly executed. In my humble opinion, the Airstream CEO, when confronted by criticism of the product, came across as ineffectual, arrogant and condescending, then he ran away. One of the unintended results was that they solidified the resolve many of their unsatisfied customers. They did threw a small bone to some vintage owners, though. Some hailed it as akin to a second coming. I viewed it as a failed marketing experiment. My opinion, not fact.

Sorry it was so long winded, but you asked me to contribute. Again, thanks for starting the thread, and the opportunity to comment. If there's anything else I can contribute, please don't hesitate to ask.
Your assessment of the CEO of Airstream comment's was right on; no guts; "period". FYI; I am a Corporate Officer with a publicly traded company so I know the game. Don't show up to a meeting of your customers unless you are ready to take the heat. More than likely you are going to hear what is wrong, rather than what is right. Just part of the process; you learn to deal with it and use it to your advantage; i.e. a better product. How it is!

Having said that we would not trade our 19' Bambi for anything. The wife and I love to get out on the road by ourselves.

eleighj
__________________

__________________
eleighj is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pop up survey adonh Forum Admin, News and Member Account Info 2 12-22-2009 03:48 PM
Airstream Love & Longevity Owner Survey clicknathan Community Polls 6 08-08-2009 05:08 PM
WBCCI Survey smily WBCCI Forum 33 11-13-2005 10:08 AM
WBCCI Survey jcanavera WBCCI Forum 1 10-26-2002 08:14 AM


Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Airstream is a registered trademark of Airstream Inc. All rights reserved. Airstream trademark used under license to Social Knowledge LLC.