70 - 74 61 4.18%
Over 75 32 2.19%
3 0.21%
7 0.48%
Voters: 1458. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-24-2002, 08:43 AM   #15
Rivet Master
Dallas , Texas

Could you combine the 50-54 and the 55-59 into one ten-year category of 50-59? If you did the same for the 60s, at least all but the 70s would be in 10-year blocks.

Just a thought...

Edie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2002, 10:26 AM   #16
Rivet Master
1965 20' Globetrotter
Currently Looking...
Houston , Texas
It's funny. When I first posted this poll my thinking was, due to stereotyping I guess, that there would not be as many people owning Airstreams in the 20-49 age group. Boy was I wrong. After spending so much time on here, my thoughts toward who we are have really changed.

On the other hand only about 136 of 1127 of the Family here have responded to the poll. Hmm...thats about how many stand up and are counted in a real election. Come on...folks. Its only a simple mouse click to be heard from here. And don't forget to really vote in November!!

AIR# 123

-"You want to make it two inches - or, if you're working in centimeters, make sure it's enough centimeters for two inches."-Red Green
BobbyW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2002, 07:44 PM   #17
Voting Revision

Only vote if you are voting for Republicans!
anonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2003, 06:06 AM   #18
2 Rivet Member
So How does this work when you have move than one airstream and you and your mate are in different age categories. This would seem to skew results.
mareinmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2003, 04:53 PM   #19
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
mareinmn ~

You and your mate can each have your own identity which would allow you both to for each trailer. Now if you have 3+ trailers, you have another problem!!! I think it's called aluminitus

InsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2003, 12:23 PM   #20
3 Rivet Member
1982 34' Limited
Tidewater , Virginia
A Thought

So we're not all geezes!

A comment was made that the ownership of Airstream trailers was expected to be heavily skewed to the older generations. However, the poll seems to indicate the opposite. 47% of the owners are 30 to 50. (I am just outside of this window; the winter side!)

To build a representative display of ownership and possibly explain why there are such large number of younger owners a poll should combine the age of the owner and the age of their trailer/MH. I would venture to guess the older demographic would be more heavily represented in the newer units and the younger clientele having more of the older, work intensive units.

This might enter into a three way poll to include the cost of purchase/rehab. Age and economics here, too, might be an influence on who owns what!

This could go on forever . . . why, even the Government might be persuaded to fund an extended, long term study of all facets of the Airstream! Lifetime employment for a VERY lucky moderator!!!

Just a thought.

Take care,
Old trucks and old trailers . . . a comfortable combination!
AIR 1446
A-6E All Weather Attack Driver, BUFF
USN Aircraft Maintenance Officer, Ret.
'91 Suburban R-2500 w/BBC
'78 Honda GL-1000
'72 Triumph T-100R Daytona
dinoburb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2003, 08:26 AM   #21
2 Rivet Member
Rivet was i wrong

here i thought that i was in a very small club of a/s under the age age of 40 all though i am very close to that age already.
for the record i turned 37 this month. time is creaping up on me.
striker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2003, 11:19 AM   #22
Rivet Master
Skewed results

If the intent of this poll was to find out how many "particiants" of the AS Forum are of a particular age...It has done its task. However, if you want to know a more "true" demographic of those that own AS and go to national AS Rallies...go to Nationals. Then you could even take a poll or gather statistics and stereotypes of some more Airstreamers.
The great thing about this US of A is that we are all "different": ages, different likes, different trailers/MH, different access to internet, views on what is important (Republican and others).

Hope to see some of you there or Mystic Springs or another Rally.
zamboni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2003, 02:35 PM   #23
Rivet Master
2003 25' Safari
Eden Prairie , Minnesota
Perhaps the underrepresentation of those age 40-50 is:

- people under 40 have young children to camp with
- while people over 50 are in or approaching retirement
- leaving the 40-50 crowd in their peak career years, having less time to travel (that's me)

Internet use and a small sample size are probably sklewing the results too.

From the photos I saw of the WBCC - it appears their membership is a much older crowd.
dmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2003, 06:44 PM   #24
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
I is a better representation of Forum Members, not an accurate picture of Airstream Owners in general.

The WBCCI Rallies we have attended are mostly "Retired Folks"...we are usually among the youngest at 43/47 and still working. However, the VAC Rallies tend to be a younger crowd.

Older Trailers = Younger Owners
Younger Trailers = Older Owners

BTW - We truly enjoy the company of both groups!
InsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2003, 10:04 PM   #25
3 Rivet Member
1977 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
schaumburg , confusion
Send a message via AIM to Tikihut
I am 39 and just biught my first Airsteam and can't wait until sping to go out and have some fun and meet other Airstream owners.
Tikihut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2003, 06:36 AM   #26
2 Rivet Member
average ages?

If you think most Airstreamers are under 40, or 50 for that matter, go to a Rally sometime! I think it is simply that more younger people use the internet.

Just my observation.

wallybyam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2003, 04:48 PM   #27
2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Hey, I'm in my early 30s and just got my Bambi. If the trend is that it's a retiree thing, I can tell you it surely isn't. As a matter of fact, I thought I read somewhere that the 30 somethings are starting to realize that camping costs less overall than going to a hotel, restaurant and airfare. With gas around $2/gal, those numbers might be off, but hey, I'm still going camping!

As for representing ages, I think that if the poll shows actual owners that are forum members (not just people that think Airstreams are cool and lurking around here), then it's fairly accurate. True there are a bunch of us kids out here raised on computers, but I'll tell you what, there are also a large number of the 40, 50 and 60+ group surfing regularly, many on this forum I would bet too). I don't think just because you make it or not to the meets should be a qualifying factor since as a 30 something, trying to find time off that you both can take at the same time is the real problem.

Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2003, 08:56 PM   #28
1 Rivet Member
Send a message via Yahoo to summerwine
Thumbs up

I responed to your poll! Looks like all age groups like airstreams! It is sites like this that offer very usefull infomation and many pictures for us all to share.
I"ve had my 74 airstream for 9 years, parked on a Mountain in southern Utah! My view is the Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument!It is parked and I spend spring, summer and fall there. I have the goodies i need, power, propane, telephone, water and even an internet connection( its slow tho) .
This area is very remote so to have even those luxurys is very nice.! I spend most of the time outside and work in a small town at the local gift shop! ( Boulder, Utah) In case any of you drive by..stop by Poles Place, across from the Anasazi Museum in town!Or if anyone needs local info I can help you.
This is a great site..and I love all the photos and forums! Thanks again....I'm sure Ill have some questions to ask here soon! ha ha!

Attached Images

summerwine is offline   Reply With Quote