Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-03-2011, 02:41 PM   #1821
_

. , .
hi georgia...

i am still fine tuning the foot pedal-ice maker feature...

cheers
2air'

we are here on earth to fart around. don't let anybody tell you any different. k.v.
2airishuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 02:45 PM   #1822
Rivet Master

1973 23' Safari
1977 23' Safari
2018 25' Flying Cloud
Palmer Lake , Colorado
Send a message via Skype™ to Zeppelinium
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2airishuman View Post
if winter has had u trapped in the crapper don't despair...

it's about tureen2spring.

cheers
2air'
OMG, ack!

And a happy spring to you, 2Air. Wx is turning warm here, so I'm out under the Safari today--found a way to get the brake wires down the frame C channel (existing axles are the original disks). 2nd success is POR-15 on the steel suspension plate in the middle of the fresh water pan. Any progress in the winter is especially special!

Zep
Old 03-03-2011, 03:49 PM   #1823
Rivet Master

1951 21' Flying Cloud
1960 24' Tradewind
West Coast , BC
Send a message via MSN to safari57
Our little Airstream made the treck through WA, OR, CA and all over parts of AZ and back home with nary an issue, finally, last Thursday. Heck, it's only one year "newer" than us and it took the trip far better than we did.

We've had a week at home and are getting itchy feet (tires?) . So we washed the old gal today and did some other things to make it look shiny and loved. Thursdays are great days for doing the little things to your Airstream.

About that punch bowl.............you are talking the new one and not the one it's replacing I hope
Old 03-03-2011, 05:35 PM   #1824
Rivet Master

1970 27' Overlander
Espanola , Full Timer
Send a message via Yahoo to AIR-Quarius Send a message via Skype™ to AIR-Quarius
because we are, and have re screened four windows so far!
Old 03-03-2011, 05:59 PM   #1825
3 Rivet Member

2008 25' Safari SS SE
Colleyville , Texas
It's Thursday and I love my AS! Took her out of the garage last night after a long winter nap! Getting ready for our first spring trip to Roundtop antique fair. I think I will stock the wine cellar first! That's if I can get past my furry friends. The AS comes out and they are ready to GOOOOO!
Old 03-03-2011, 06:18 PM   #1826
Looking for time

1971 23' Safari
midland , Michigan
because just looking at my airstream makes me remember the last trip and I smile-----jim
jamesardis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 08:47 PM   #1827
4 Rivet Member

2017 23' International
Ridgefield , Washington
Thursday!

It's Thursday, and we just began to "move into" our new AS today as the exterior is being prepared on the dealer's lot. We will install our 3P hitch on Saturday, and drive away..................

Then away from these wintery rains in Oregon, and south to visit and meet our daughter's family in Yosemite. I have much to teach our two year old grandson.............or is the other way around?

We need to name our AS......considering "Lilly" for Lilly Marlene".......my wife's name is Marlene.....

As with every day, it is indeed a great day to be alive!

Zigi
Zigidachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 05:30 AM   #1828
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic Slideout
2021 33FB Classic
Colleyville , TX
It's Thursday, NO Friday, and I'm giving thought to bringing her back to life i.e., putting the batteries back in, hooking her up to shore power, turning on the heat pump and doing some interior chores. Maybe a bit early but the "Spring Fever" has begun to set in even though Spring here in the hills doesn't usually arrive until May.

April 'Spring Break' tour plan to Florida shaping up.

Outlining a 'Summer Tour' for the family to review, modify and finalize in the coming weeks! Woohoo!

Git Er Dun.
Old 03-24-2011, 12:46 PM   #1829
Rivet Master

2005 30' Classic
... , ...
It's Thursday, the weekend is coming, this years modifications (cat heater and generator) are coming along nicely, and cabin fever is short-lived from here on out!
GetOutDoors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 01:29 PM   #1830
Rivet Master

1973 23' Safari
1977 23' Safari
2018 25' Flying Cloud
Palmer Lake , Colorado
Send a message via Skype™ to Zeppelinium
Because, after five years of searching, I found the real owner of my Safari and got the title today!!! Took 10 minutes at DMV to get the plates. Yippppeeeee! (Yes, it is a long story...)

I guess I better get in gear and get it finished.

Zep
Old 03-24-2011, 02:27 PM   #1831
Always learning

1972 29' Ambassador
1962 19' Globetrotter
1951 21' Flying Cloud
Central , Texas
Send a message via Yahoo to Lance M
Because when I finish putting her back together, she'll be one sexy trailer!

Work is never done, so take time to play!
Lance M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 05:38 PM   #1832
Rivet Master

1960 22' Safari
in the wilderness , The great Mojave Desert
Because for the second weekend in a row I will be camping. Last week it was under the oaks in Pacoima, Ca. and this week it will be boondocking in the Mojave.

WBCCI 3344 FCU
AIR# 13896
CA 4

Yes, we have courtesy parking for you. About an hour North of Los Angeles.
Goin camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 07:11 PM   #1833
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Because even though it doesn't seem as if good weather will ever get to Michigan anytime soon, inside the Airstream was nice and warm and inviting and I manage to find work and play to do inside even at home.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	today.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	135.3 KB
ID:	125235  

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 08:24 AM   #1834
4 Rivet Member

2017 23' International
Ridgefield , Washington
It's Thursday....

We just returned from a 2 week maiden voyage in our 30' Classic, and "Brutus" performed magnificently. We named him Brutus the Buckeye Airstream because we are originally from Ohio---and Ohio State alums.

Brutus was incredible. We owned a fiver in the past, and even though is was a Cameo (one of the best of the best) , it still couldn't hold a candle to the AS in terms of quality, engineering, livability, and creature comforts.

Sometimes the "learning curve" in life is a little steep, but with persistence, one can indeed prevail!!!

Happy traveling! Zigi
Old 03-25-2011, 02:19 PM   #1835
4 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Dexer , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zigidachs View Post
We just returned from a 2 week maiden voyage in our 30' Classic, and "Brutus" performed magnificently. We named him Brutus the Buckeye Airstream because we are originally from Ohio---and Ohio State alums.

Brutus was incredible. We owned a fiver in the past, and even though is was a Cameo (one of the best of the best) , it still couldn't hold a candle to the AS in terms of quality, engineering, livability, and creature comforts.

Sometimes the "learning curve" in life is a little steep, but with persistence, one can indeed prevail!!!

Happy traveling! Zigi
So glad you had a good maiden voyage with Brutus (we won't talk about the Buckeye portion of the name ) Hope you have many happy years with him!
tksbaskets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 08:12 PM   #1836
4 Rivet Member

2017 23' International
Ridgefield , Washington
Thumbs up

Hi Wolverine,
I graduated so many years ago and have long ago learned that college sports are just fun----and should not be misconstrued as an alter ego trip.
I grew up with Woody and the Buckeyes. Woody always referred to "that school up north" and would never use the name Michigan. To be honest I root for Michigan except in one game!!!!! I hope the football program turns around quickly. There is too much legacy and pride at stake.
Now back to Airstreams......gotta love these things. I can't believe the quality and engineering in the new ones, and the incredible renovations I have seen with the vintage classes. There is a lot of talent and experience on this forum. Still fun to learn from others after all these years.....Zigi
Old 03-27-2011, 07:01 AM   #1837
4 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Dexer , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zigidachs View Post
Hi Wolverine,
I graduated so many years ago and have long ago learned that college sports are just fun----and should not be misconstrued as an alter ego trip.
I grew up with Woody and the Buckeyes. Woody always referred to "that school up north" and would never use the name Michigan. To be honest I root for Michigan except in one game!!!!! I hope the football program turns around quickly. There is too much legacy and pride at stake.
Now back to Airstreams......gotta love these things. I can't believe the quality and engineering in the new ones, and the incredible renovations I have seen with the vintage classes. There is a lot of talent and experience on this forum. Still fun to learn from others after all these years.....Zigi
So true! These boards have been wildly helpful to me and my hubby as we were total newbies.

Also true that rivalries are just for fun I have many good friends with Ohio State ties. We haven't had much to cheer about lately in Wolverine country in November. Rivalry games are much more fun with good natured razzing when both teams have an equal chance to win. Lately we have been owned by 'that school in the south'.
tksbaskets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 09:35 AM   #1838
4 Rivet Member

2006 31' Classic
Archer , Florida
It's Thursday and we love our airstream because it's day 3 after taking posession in Northern Pa of our first AS - '06 classic 31- and she is slipping through the air so nicely on our way back to Fla that we both look like the Chesire cat in Alice in Wonderland.
Flying Gypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 10:27 AM   #1839
Rivet Master

1959 26' Overlander
Powder Springs , Georgia
It's Thursday and I love my airstream in one piece. I am delighted to have made it though the storms unscathed!
Old 04-28-2011, 10:56 AM   #1840
4 Rivet Member

2005 25' Classic
Austin , Texas
It's Thursday and we just returned from a 4 day camp out at Kerrville City Park where we spent 3 days at the Easter Hill Country Bicycle Tour. Rode 100 miles in 3 days. Now planning our next trip.

Dennis
dstalzer is offline   Reply With Quote