Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Community Polls
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-16-2009, 11:04 AM   #1621
3 Rivet Member

1966 30' Sovereign
Bethany , Illinois
Its Thursday and I love my Airstream because we made our annual summer getaway last week without any incidents(except the brake controller shorted out, which was as easy a fix as I have ever had) as we made it through S. Illinois, down to Mammoth Cave up through S. Indiana and back. It was a much shorter driving distance and much more relaxing time than we normally have.
airstream66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 11:37 AM   #1622
Rivet Master

1958 22' Flying Cloud
1956 30' Sovereign of the Road
1963 16' Bambi
Southeastern Area , Tennessee
I like both of them because . . .

Click image for larger version

Name:	FIMG_3162R.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	148.8 KB
ID:	83989
One is camping with me right now next to a log cabin by the Tye River. Courtesy parking at its finest! And the other?
Click image for larger version

Name:	FIMG_3163.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	96.9 KB
ID:	83990
By the looks of a quick reconnaissance mission to Trailer Buff late yesterday, the empty space where he was living in the holding yard means Elvis might be in the buidling! I'm heading over in a bit to confirm.
Old 07-16-2009, 04:42 PM   #1623
3 Rivet Member

2006 34' Classic S/O
Parkdale , Oregon
I love my Airstream because it's an Airstream. And soon we will be living in it full time! Yipee!!

Anne Marie
darlingbooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 04:49 PM   #1624
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
It's Thursday and I love my Airstream because this time next week we will have spent the good part of a week at Grayton Beach State Park...hoping to not look like a lobster at that point.

Counting the days 'till I can be counting the miles.
WBCCI# 4821
https://streaminacrossamerica.com/
Minnie's Mate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 11:43 AM   #1625
"Cloudsplitter"

2003 25' Classic
Houstatlantavegas , Malebolgia
Thumbs up Well it's Saturday actually....

Leaving in about an hour for 3 1/2 weeks of "Dock'n in the 'Dack's".

Gonn'a drown some worms, breath in a lot of that fresh Adirondack air, come in at night smell'n like a campfire, and celebrate our wedding aniversary with some excellent ice wine.

We leave Bill Gates at home, so we be talk'n at 'ya later.
Old 08-06-2009, 11:15 AM   #1626
3 Rivet Member

2008 23' International CCD
Blacksburg , Virginia
It's Thursday, and I like my Airstream because...wow, that's a tough one. There are so many reasons. For one, it always makes for a great conversation with others in the campgrounds. It allows me, a shy person, to meet more people. Two, making this big purchase and calling it home has allowed me to see places I never dreamed I would see. Currently sitting and staring out at the Strait of Juan de Fuca in Port Angeles, WA. Amazing. Life is good.
Old 08-06-2009, 12:00 PM   #1627
Rivet Master

2005 22' Safari
Gresham , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lani View Post
It's Thursday, and I like my Airstream because...wow, that's a tough one. There are so many reasons. For one, it always makes for a great conversation with others in the campgrounds. It allows me, a shy person, to meet more people. Two, making this big purchase and calling it home has allowed me to see places I never dreamed I would see. Currently sitting and staring out at the Strait of Juan de Fuca in Port Angeles, WA. Amazing. Life is good.
Where are you staying in Port Angeles?
sempi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 12:08 PM   #1628
3 Rivet Member

2008 23' International CCD
Blacksburg , Virginia
We are at Salt Creek Recreation Area. Great county park!!
Old 08-06-2009, 02:00 PM   #1629
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
Oak View , California
It is Thursday and I love my Airstream because...

When I woke up this morning it brought back a memory of when I was in third grade, I found an empty refrigerator box somewhere and dragged it back home to the backyard. I laid it on it's side, then stole one of my mom's big knives out of the kitchen and proceeded to install windows all around. Next I smuggled one of mom's old dresses from the closet, cut off a wide strip at the bottom and then cut again into sections to fashion miniature curtains. I gathered sticks around the yard and threaded them through the hem area, then taped the sticks above the windows as curtain hangers. I cut a large one to fasten to the end of the box to serve as my entry door.

As to what possessed me to do all this, I have no idea, but I do remember spending hours in there with my books, reading away on my makeshift blanket bed, propped up with all the pillows absconded from everyone's beds, in total comfort. I even brought my pet parakeet in there for company and made a little perch for him by putting another stick through two sides of a corner of the box.

Now here I lay, once again, in total comfort with my books all over the bed, in a large (though well rounded) box in my backyard many years later and thinking to myself, "Is this so cool!" The parakeet, God rest him, is gone, but my two black labs are excellent company...........

Carol
cclarkego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 02:16 PM   #1630
3 Rivet Member

1968 24' Tradewind
Largo , Florida
It's Thursday and I like my Airstream because it's mine, paid for and she has no leaks.
Old 08-06-2009, 02:37 PM   #1631
Rivet Master

2005 22' Safari
Gresham , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by airstreamjudy View Post
It's Thursday and I like my Airstream because it's mine, paid for and she has no leaks.
Ours has no leaks, but it is not paid for and we still love ours.
Old 08-07-2009, 05:14 AM   #1632
4 Rivet Member

2003 30' Classic
Stratford , Prince Edward Island
Send a message via Yahoo to macofpei Send a message via Skype™ to macofpei
I love my Stream, regardless what day it is. Thursday evening, we were sitting on the deck, awing out and drinks chilled. Soft music playing on the radio and surrounded by good friends-- some who also own/live Air Streams and some who want to get an Air Stream.
WBCCI #4782
"Southern Belle"
'03 Classic 30'
'10 Toyota CrewMax
macofpei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 10:33 PM   #1633
_

. , .
well, it's still thursday and the day started with me not liking my airstream very much...

then i reconsidered and came to the conclusion THIS is why i still like it on thursdays and many other days too...

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f48/...ily-55698.html

it really is all about the people and good times we associate with them...

cheers
2air'

we are here on earth to fart around. don't let anybody tell you any different. k.v.
2airishuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 10:46 PM   #1634
Rivet Master

1960 22' Safari
in the wilderness , The great Mojave Desert
The rabbit came out of his hole.

Welcome back.

WBCCI 3344 FCU
AIR# 13896
CA 4

Yes, we have courtesy parking for you. About an hour North of Los Angeles.
Goin camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 11:31 PM   #1635
Aluminum in 3-D

1968 28' Ambassador
Seaside , Oregon
It's Thursday and I love my Airstreams because I have meet so many wonderful friends that also love their Airstreams. 2air, glad to have you back.

Membership chair
Wally Byam Airstream Club
Past President Oregon Unit 090

Campfires, the original social media!
wbcci#29827

Check out the [URL="https://airstreamclub.org/"and Wally Byam Airstream Club on facebook
Blue Pearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 11:55 PM   #1636
Rivet Master

2005 22' Safari
Gresham , Oregon
It is Thursday and we just got back home from a trip to the Deschutes State Park, OR and we don't have another trip until the Sept trip to our first rally in the Steens Mtn.
Therefore, not really happy for about a month.
Old 08-28-2009, 12:07 AM   #1637
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
Oak View , California
It's Thursday and I look forward to meeting Gene one day. Good advice from a trusted vendor is more precious to me right now than a handful of diamonds.

Then the added exaltation of having 2air at last rise from the mists makes this a very prodigious day indeed! I had started a post in the "Where do you keep your wine" thread before I realized it was indeed Thursday, so I will include my newest light bulb coming on discovery, for the It's Thursday and I like my Airstream because:

I was born and raised to believe in multifunctionality.... Anyway last night I was searching through the trailer trying to find something and next thing I know, I have everything pulled out from the under bins beneath my front gaucho. Then I notice there are still old mouse turds on the floor back there from my time on the ranch, out comes the vacuum cleaner for them and 409 for the bins. While I am resting on my special gel foamed seat that I sit on when I am working at the table, trying to recover from all the cleaning activity, and looking at all the junk on the floor to reorganize, my mind switches over to another track. Though this seat is the ultimate little bit of heaven to sit on, my feet now hang about two inches off the floor which tugs a bit on my multi-surgeried back. What I need is a little footstool to be really comfortable.

Staring at the things on the floor and then something comes to mind from reading the Where Do You Keep Your Wine thread. I keep some of my special liquor in those under bins. I reach down and grab the bottle of aged Tequila, then get out a pair of my thick hiking socks. Push the bottle into the sock, make a little twist on the top, and fold the excess back down over the bottle again. I think the bottle of Stoli will make a nice companion piece for the other foot, so I pop a sock on that too. Place the two bottles on the floor and set my feet on them. Perfect. Now my feet and back are happy with the new foot stools and if ever the need arises for a little special spirits, the solution is within grasp. The best part? When I am listening to music, my feet can do this little jig to the beat by rolling the bottles a bit which makes a great little massage on the arches. The socks are so thick that it retards any rolling away across the floor effect. Figuring out something as silly as this makes me want to turn up the music....

Carol
cclarkego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 04:05 AM   #1638
Hondo was a great cat

2005 28' International CCD
Salt Lake City , Utah
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2airishuman View Post
well, it's still thursday and the day started with me not liking my airstream very much...

then i reconsidered and came to the conclusion THIS is why i still like it on thursdays and many other days too...

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f48/...ily-55698.html

it really is all about the people and good times we associate with them...

cheers
2air'
It's and I like my Airstream because it occupies my mind. It sits happily in Washington State as I sat in Iraq, in an version of an Airstream called a CHU, Containerized Housing Unit. It is a 16 foot long trailer with an Air Conditioner.
We are 6 and 1/2 months done with the year deployment, 5 & 1/2 to go. I look forward to hooking up the Alumatube, the Tin Womb, Silver Twinky, all the other euphemisms and taking her out somewhere. Doesnt matter where, as long as it rains.
I also like Thursday because I saw a cloud today. First one in 5 months.

It is Thursday and I am happy because the 2Air rabbit is back.

Best Wishes All,

John from Iraq

Aunt Gladys, 28FT, Intl'
"Man, it's hot here, is the heat on?"
jnerges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 05:01 AM   #1639
2 Rivet Member

1993 33' Land Yacht
North Bend , Oregon
Send a message via ICQ to tbro Send a message via MSN to tbro Send a message via Yahoo to tbro
Well it's actually Friday here and now... I like my Airstream because it's my home on wheels and wherever I go... There I am... Familiarity in the midst of strangeness. If I choose to stay for awhile there are none of the complexities of moving. I take my house, my dog and my employment with me.

tbro

My Web Workings
tbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 04:56 PM   #1640
"Cloudsplitter"

2003 25' Classic
Houstatlantavegas , Malebolgia
Thumbs up

.........Because an Airstream friendship has brought one wise wiley wabbit out of hiding, and put the spotlight on a VERY deserving Hog.

Wishing you both the very best.