Old 08-10-2006, 10:41 PM   #295
Rivet Master

1951 21' Flying Cloud
1960 24' Tradewind
West Coast , BC
Send a message via MSN to safari57
Tomorrow I head east for a sad event - the memorial service for my Mom who passed on a Thursday in May. Our family will gather for our farewell and I'd hoped she'd be able to see my Airstream before she passed. She and my father loved Airstreams and always wanted one as we camped as kids - so when I acquired mine I hoped very much that she was able to see I'd fulfilled the dream. Sadly by the time we found just the right one alzheimer's had taken it's dreadful toll. So today, Thursday, I went out and sat in my trailer and put into words all the thoughts I had that I'll be asked to say on Monday when we do the deed, and it just felt like the right time and the right place to put it all together. So, it's Thursday, and I continue to love my Airstream because it brings back a lot of tremendous memories of times past spent with family and good friends, and I know we will continue to add more good old times while it's in our possession. I also know right about now she's probably wondering why the heck I haven't polished it yet.....
Barry

Old 08-10-2006, 10:45 PM   #296
_

. , .
well the hour is passing here.....

my thoughts are with you barry...

for others.....why do you like your airsteam this thursday?

there is still space for more reasons...

and room for yours...

it has been a wonderful set of replies today...

from camping to repairs to new trailers...and photos oh the photos!!

anticipation of travel, return from travel...pictures of travel...

and folks connecting in many ways and from many views...

that is why i like my airstream today...

she may be aluminum....

but the magnetisim is strong...for all that pass by,

on thursdays....

cheers
2air'

we are here on earth to fart around. don't let anybody tell you any different. k.v.
2airishuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 10:48 PM   #297
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
SACRAMENTO , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaddyGrn
Cody Bear,

Nice pics ~ Thanks! Where along the coast? Looks like Avila Beach? Or north of Santa Cruz? Trying to place the lighthouse. I think I have sailed by it but they appear so different when on land...

Mrs. NorCal Bambi
Almost, but not quite, Mrs. NorCal Bambi!..we were at Manchester near Pt. Arena, that's the lighthouse..about 4 hours from Sacto on hwy 1 no. or Bodega Bay..my husband goes abbing..here's a pic for you
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	3abs.JPG
Views:	77
Size:	161.3 KB
ID:	24548  
Old 08-10-2006, 10:52 PM   #298
_

. , .
safari57....

barry,

you honor us by sharing these thoughts and your mother's passing.

thank you and godspeed.

2air'

we are here on earth to fart around. don't let anybody tell you any different. k.v.
2airishuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 11:10 PM   #299
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
SACRAMENTO , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by safari57
Tomorrow I head east for a sad event - the memorial service for my Mom who passed on a Thursday in May. Our family will gather for our farewell and I'd hoped she'd be able to see my Airstream before she passed. She and my father loved Airstreams and always wanted one as we camped as kids - so when I acquired mine I hoped very much that she was able to see I'd fulfilled the dream. Sadly by the time we found just the right one alzheimer's had taken it's dreadful toll. So today, Thursday, I went out and sat in my trailer and put into words all the thoughts I had that I'll be asked to say on Monday when we do the deed, and it just felt like the right time and the right place to put it all together. So, it's Thursday, and I continue to love my Airstream because it brings back a lot of tremendous memories of times past spent with family and good friends, and I know we will continue to add more good old times while it's in our possession. I also know right about now she's probably wondering why the heck I haven't polished it yet.....
Barry
Hi Barry,
This is Codybear, I'm sad to hear of the loss of your mom and that she wasn't able to see your airstream. My dad passed away on a Thursday September 27,2001 16 days after September 11, the day the World stopped...

Sadly, we never got around to taking my dad and mom together on a trip in our Safari..we have taken my mom who's going to be 87 on trips with us..but it's not quite the same as the two of them went everywhere together..

My thoughts are with you..I'm glad that you have such wonderful memories and look forward to more great experiences to come
Old 08-11-2006, 12:53 AM   #300
Rivet Master

1967 22' Safari
MILAN , Illinois
Because....

Because...it's Mine all Mine! Ed
FORUMS MEMBER SINCE 12/16/2004AIR#7110
"My tire was thumping, I thought it was flat. When I looked at the tire, I noticed your CAT!" Burma Shave
BIGED52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 01:21 AM   #301
Site Team

1975 25' Tradewind
Dewey , Arizona
Because

It's packed and ready for the road. In a few hours we will leave this oven and head up to cooler weather for a few days. Camping with friends, a little fishing and a few nights by the camp fire. It doesn't get much better!

Richard

WBCCI President 2016-2017
azflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 06:29 AM   #302
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Smile Its Thursday and I like the Airstream because...

All systems cleaned up, packed and ready to go tonight! Just have to finish baking and preping some food for the trip!! It is such a pleasure to boondock in the Airstream--no tent nostalgia here! We're leaving to go boondocking in the UP! Leaving the worries on the doorstep! Hiawatha National Forest here we come!
Old 08-17-2006, 06:43 AM   #303
Rivet Master

2005 28' International CCD
Ottawa , Ontario
It's Thursday and I Like My Airstream Because...

Because I put off buying the really expensive awning lights for god knows what reason, and came across a real cool set of lights on clearance at the local grocery store the other day - they were all of $12 (Canadian $$ to boot, so in U.S. $$ that's almost free!!).
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	tigerb.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	42.4 KB
ID:	24832  
Old 08-17-2006, 07:26 AM   #304
Rivet Master

1994 30' Excella
Currently Looking...
Milwaukee , Wisconsin
It's Thursday and I like my Airstream...........
This has not been a good summer for Chummy. Most summers he's out in the woods almost every day camping under the stars and enjoying the fresh air. This summer he has spent most of the time sitting on his gravel pad. Today, Thursday, I'll go sit with him. True the month of June he got to camp out the whole month but since then just one time. Family things and special occasions just kept popping up and now I have to have an operation. Seems they found some cancer in my colon and want to take the cancer out which means a stay in the hospital and several weeks recovery before I can even think of driving Chummy again. So today I will sit with Chummy and spend some time with him, maybe fix something that is not broken or polish something that already shines just so he knows better times are ahead.
Old 08-17-2006, 08:43 AM   #305
Tramp Streamer
Commercial Member

1995 28' Excella
Artist , at Large
Kent,
When health and mortality issues rear their heads, it reminds us of how fragile we are and how fortunate we are for all the other days of our lives.

It also reminds us to the importance of hobbies as a healthy distraction to our daily lives.

My thoughts are with you today.

Michael
ArtStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 08:54 AM   #306
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
God speed on your recover Kent.

Today is Thursday and I like my Airstream because...this week end it will be going to the North Georgia Mountains! We sent our applications to WBCCI two weeks ago and this week end we are going to Top of Georgia Airstream Park!
WBCCI# 4821
http://streaminacrossamerica.com/
Minnie's Mate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 08:55 AM   #307
Rivet Master

1975 31' Sovereign
Oxford , Mississippi
It's Thursday, and I like my Airstream:

Because I have been able the last few days to work a little on it. New blinds all the way and Peppy is soooo glad now the sun is kept out and his curtains will last a little longer.
Air# 9552
rebel beck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 09:12 AM   #308
Rivet Master

1975 31' Sovereign
1973 27' Overlander
1977 23' Safari
Palmer Lake , Colorado
Send a message via Skype™ to Zeppelinium
I love Mbuti because the AC is working fine here in Vegas, NPR is on the radio, the fridge is full of healthy food, and the library has just the right books (Strangers to Ourselves, Blink, The Ape Within..). But we are not boondocking, which is a bummer. Soon, soon... here's a photo taken on the way here from the RMVAC of the intrepid aviator creeping bravely up to the edge of the cliff to get the big photo.

Name:	IMG_0720 on the edge.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	160.7 KB
ID:	24858

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaplain Kent
... So today I will sit with Chummy and spend some time with him, maybe fix something that is not broken or polish something that already shines just so he knows better times are ahead.
Kent, those are definitely true love actions. True love will pull you and Chummy through.

Perhaps a critical mass of aluminum outside the hospital would help...

Roger

Zeppelinium is offline   Reply With Quote