Old 09-18-2008, 03:42 PM   #1429
The Silver Schooner

2007 28' Safari SE
Dover , New Hampshire
Because she's finally mine!

It's Thursday and I Love My Airstream because I brought her home from the dealer today! Right now she's parked a block away waiting for a truckdriver friend to come and show me how to back her in my very narrow driveway - between a huge tree and a telephone pole on a narrow street - and I'm too tired (read exhuasted) to fuss with it - having towed her 200 miles alone through the mountains of Vermont - and never towed anything that big or heavy before. But it went fine and once I got used to the fact that it was very different from boogeing in my empty truck - it was fun. The dealer was only a couple of miles from the interstate - and there wasn't much traffic so it I had a chance to get a feel for it without the stress of traffic and lights etc. Got lots of admiring looks from people everywhere - they notice Airstreams!

Old 09-18-2008, 05:23 PM   #1430
Rivet Master

2014 23' FB Flying Cloud
San Antonio , Texas
... we're finally getting Shiny the Sport out for the weekend again! Thank goodness some of the Gulf Coast was spared the miseries so many are feeling now.

Old 09-18-2008, 05:56 PM   #1431
4 Rivet Member

2000 34' Limited
Somewhere in Western , North Carolina
Because we're still on the road and parked in Ennis, MT enjoying the awesome weather after 2 weeks in Yellowstone and the Tetons!

Air# 16888 | 2000 34' Limited | 2008 Ford F250
dpandorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 05:56 PM   #1432
4 Rivet Member

1978 31' Excella 500
Harmony , Pennsylvania
It's thursday and I like my airstream because.....

I can actually use it.

After two years of working on it - without ever using it - while not finished, it can be used. We went to Port Clinton last weekend and are going somewhere again this weekend.
Old 09-18-2008, 06:37 PM   #1433
Rivet Master

2003 22' International CCD
Kiln , Mississippi
Because, for the first time we are going out for back-to-back weekends. Last weekend we were in GA for the "thang" rally. Going down to Topsail for our belated 20th (delayed due to Gustov) tomarrow. 4 days on the beach in Destin, FL.
clancy_boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 06:48 PM   #1434
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic Slideout
College Town USA , Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by clancy_boy View Post
Because, for the first time we are going out for back-to-back weekends. Last weekend we were in GA for the "thang" rally. Going down to Topsail for our belated 20th (delayed due to Gustov) tomarrow. 4 days on the beach in Destin, FL.
Sounds like a great trip to a great location! Lucky you.
Old 09-19-2008, 07:57 PM   #1435
Rivet Master

1951 21' Flying Cloud
1960 24' Tradewind
West Coast , BC
Send a message via MSN to safari57
OK, so I'm a day late but the excuse is we were towing it home on Thursday.

We spent the last ten days just two hours and a bit driving time from home (plus a short ferry ride), mostly at Fort Worden State Park (Ft. Worden State Park Home Page) and had a very quiet and restful time. There is nothing that draws attention like vintage Aluminum and we were constantly giving tours, talking to a few fellow 'streamers, and thoroughly enjoying ourselves.

On the weekends the CG was full of families and hearing the laughter and delight from the kids as they discovered everything from a weird stick to a great tree for climbing and a big slug to tease a sister with brought back a lot of memories from our childhoods. Life is good for those of us who live in this part of the world and helping others through donations of blood or bone marrow are gifts that are beyond value. If you can do this you are potentially giving the gift of life to someone. An incredible thing to be able to do.

Take care

Barry
Old 09-19-2008, 09:01 PM   #1436
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
SACRAMENTO , California
Hi Barry!..sounds like you've been busy for sure!..yes, it is a day late..I don't keep track of days too much lately!!!..but am starting to think of food to make and bring to the potlucks for the next couple of rallies coming up in October!!..we'll be getting the safari ready soon for the trip!
Old 09-22-2008, 10:11 AM   #1437
Rivet Master

1972 25' Tradewind
North Vancouver , British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by safari57 View Post
OK, so I'm a day late but the excuse is we were towing it home on Thursday.

We spent the last ten days just two hours and a bit driving time from home (plus a short ferry ride), mostly at Fort Worden State Park (Ft. Worden State Park Home Page) and had a very quiet and restful time. There is nothing that draws attention like vintage Aluminum and we were constantly giving tours, talking to a few fellow 'streamers, and thoroughly enjoying ourselves.

On the weekends the CG was full of families and hearing the laughter and delight from the kids as they discovered everything from a weird stick to a great tree for climbing and a big slug to tease a sister with brought back a lot of memories from our childhoods. Life is good for those of us who live in this part of the world and helping others through donations of blood or bone marrow are gifts that are beyond value. If you can do this you are potentially giving the gift of life to someone. An incredible thing to be able to do.

Take care

Barry
Barry, I used to live in Everett but never made my way over to Port Townsend. It sounds like a great place to go and relax!
cameront120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 11:44 AM   #1438
Commercial Member

1967 30' Sovereign
Los Lunas , New Mexico
We're, ah, well, we're excited as all get-out because the Denver unit is coming to Angel Fire starting this coming Thursday! I'll try to post as many pics as possible to our blogsite afterwards.

And afterwards Maria and I really need to get the heck out of here in the Airstream!

Lynnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

PS: I put in because I'm doing the grilling on Saturday and a HUGE batch of Taco soup on Sunday.
Old 09-25-2008, 11:23 PM   #1439
Rivet Master

1954 25' Cruiser
Kyle , The Republic of Texas
It's Thursday and I love my Airstream because -

Last Thrusday, 9/18, our own GStephens & I began our 1,800 mile return trip from Williston, N. D. back to central Texas - pulling my new-to-me 1954 25' Cruiser - my Miss Kitty!! A total of 3,600 miles round trip -does that tell you how pleased I am? Does that tell you what a good Airstream friend really is? Making that kind of trip with me just to help out with the driving? As any stylish and beautiful lady of her generation would , she needs some TLC - a few small beauty marks to be whisked away and her "bottom" replaced (tucked?) and that's going to take a while. But I'm totally pumped & ready to try it, and I'm blessed with several good WBCCI / VAC buddies who have offerred help. If & when I ever get this photo thing down I'll post a few for all to see.

From now on, Thursdays will forever be special days to remember for me.
Old 09-26-2008, 12:16 PM   #1440
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
Congratulations on the "new to you" Cruiser. Hope you have fun with the restoration and the camping with it when she's done.
WBCCI# 4821
http://streaminacrossamerica.com/
Minnie's Mate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 12:17 PM   #1441
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
Yesterday was Thursday and I love my Airstream because next week she will take us to Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party and Epcot's Food and Wine Festival...can't wait!
WBCCI# 4821
http://streaminacrossamerica.com/
Minnie's Mate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 01:32 PM   #1442
Site Team

1975 25' Tradewind
Dewey , Arizona
Just brought mine home from storage, counting down the days until the Balloon Fiesta in Albuquerque.

Richard

WBCCI President 2016-2017
azflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote