Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-25-2012, 08:04 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1974 Argosy 28
Tampa , Florida
Issac

Airstreamers in the path of Isaac, what are your plans for your trailers for the storm? Mine is in storage with a lot of white box trailers that I'm concerned could lose loose parts or siding if the winds get strong enough. I've been through Hurricane Wilma several years ago which was a Cat 1 and it did major damage so I'm not taking any chances.

I'm considering bringing it into the driveway so I can keep and eye on it. I'll be clearing brush and loose limbs to cut down on projectiles and things blowing around. You only need one cell with strong winds to do the damage. Plus I can periodically check on it vs it being out of sight in storage.

Hope not to regret the decision
inTransit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 08:10 AM   #2
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

Vintage Kin Owner
Naples , Florida
Everyone down here is taking the threat seriously. Luckily, my MoHo (see avatar) is currently getting some 'exterior refreshening' prior to it's sale and is now firmly ensconced in a big metal building.

We'll be riding it out unless it gets to Cat 2, then off to the East Coast, assuming it is out of the danger area. We rode out Wilma in Tampa after evacuating Naples. Should be interesting.
lewster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 08:16 AM   #3
Rivet Monster

1975 31' Sovereign
1980 31' Excella II
Sprung Leak , North Carolina
Get a big freewheeling turn table, mount a big, big V-blade snow plow on it, park the AS on the turn table behind the plow blade and let it wind vane...should be good for winds up to 200mph.

Aaron
WBCCI #XXXX AIR #2495
Why are we in this basket...and where are we going
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 02:07 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1978 31' Sovereign
Tampa , Florida
Hmmm wonder if my HOA would buy the whole "I don't want to take a chance of it getting damaged in storage" or "I need it here and ready in case we evacuate"? Sounds plausible, right?

Besides, with the RNC in town, I'm working from home this week, think of all the things I could get done on it!
Taylormade is offline   Reply With Quote