Old 04-05-2007, 11:51 AM   #141
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

1975 31' Sovereign
Searcy , Arkansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by atomasich
Hi Gene, hopefully my reply won't be too late. First of all thanks for all your hard work and dedication.
We have a 2007 Bambi 16ft CCD, and must say that we totally love it, but I have the following suggestions:
1. Bathroom light to be independent (In the closet they use the same fixture and you can turn it on from the fixture itself!)
2. Center light on the Dinette to be independent (the same fixture is used in the back over the bed and it has an on-and-off switch on it!)

I e-mailed Airstream myself and asked them for a copy the electrical wiring schematics so I can you these mods ourselves but never received a response.

These issues are important as they relate to consumption and could help a model as small as ours.
Thanks Again,
Angie...
Angie,

You should have a wiring schematic in the back of your owner's manual...I will get you a copy of it.

Gene

www.airstreamofarkansas.com

877-Air-hog1
877-247-4641

Keeping the Airstream Dream Alive!

AIR #8844
Airhog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 01:13 PM   #142
4 Rivet Member

2006 16' International CCD
New York , New York
1. I second DFord79's suggestion on 3-way refrigerators. On the Dometics they are just a few dollars more than the 2-way. I ended up paying an absurd amount of money to upgrade to a 3-way just so our kids' milk could stay cold without having to drive with the propane on.

2. Ship the USA spec 16' Bambis with 4300lb axles and 225/75R15 tires instead of the 3500lb axles with 215/75R14s (the Canadian 16' Bambis already get the better axle). It is absurd to ship RVs with 50 lbs of Net Cargo Capacity. Also, the 15" tires are available almost anywhere - the 14" tires are much harder to find. Again, a hundred or so dollars extra to eliminate the need for a $2000 axle/wheel/tire upgrade.

3. (and this is more of a marketing issue) I know a number of folk on this forum wanted to buy bambis with a 'real double' (54" x 75") or 'almost queen' size bed (60" x 80" minus curved corners). Basically using the 16' layout stretched into a 17' or 19' trailer.

Old 04-05-2007, 01:45 PM   #143
2 Rivet Member

2007 16' International CCD
Hacienda Heights , California
Schematic for electrical wiring

Gene Thanks so much. I really appreciate all your help and dedication. Thanks again for looking for the schematics.
Angie & George...
Old 04-05-2007, 02:44 PM   #144
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

1975 31' Sovereign
Searcy , Arkansas
Wiring Schematics

Angie,

See if you can open this.

G
Attached Files
File Type: txt Bambi 12V Wiring.txt (8 Bytes, 42 views)

877-Air-hog1
877-247-4641

AIR #8844
Old 04-16-2007, 04:02 PM   #145
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Murfreesboro , Tennessee
Gene,
I think it is great that you have enough interest in your product that you are asking for this input. I wish that more sales people were like you.
I am shopping Airstreams currently. I have looked at new and used units.
I think that a 31' Special Edition Safari would be a good model. I'm not interested in Corian, the 75th anniversary Bambi interior looks fantastic.
The idea of spending 50K plus on a trailer then having to be concerned about a frame rusting or a floor rotting simply doesn't make sense to me. Why not spend 20-25K on a used trailer and then expect to make repairs?
I hope this doesn't sound sarcastic, I certainly don't mean to be.

You can get further with a kind word and a gun,
than a kind word alone.
They say love is blind, but marriage is a real eye opener!
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 04:26 PM   #146
_

. , .
hi g...

a spare tire really should be provided with every unit...

i know you include them with every trailer, right?

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f438...nal-31686.html

i'm under the impression this changed for the new model year....

it this true?

do they all have 'em now?

mike/hammer

it may not seem obvious but the classic 30 and 31 are exactly the same size...

distinguished only by bathroom configuration.

so would a 30 safari se work?

cheers
2air'

we are here on earth to fart around. don't let anybody tell you any different. k.v.
2airishuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 04:29 PM   #147
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

1975 31' Sovereign
Searcy , Arkansas
Mike,

Not at all...I would lovfe the see the 75th Anniversary interior go across the board...I loved it!!

I know some have posted about rotting floors and rusted frames...not saying that it hasn't happened...I have just never seen it around here...I don't think it is a wide spread problem from what I hear...but, with that being said, I am sure one is too many.

G

877-Air-hog1
877-247-4641

AIR #8844
Old 04-16-2007, 04:31 PM   #148
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

1975 31' Sovereign
Searcy , Arkansas
2air',

Yes, we did order all of our units with a spare...IT IS NOW STANDARD!

G

877-Air-hog1
877-247-4641

AIR #8844
Old 04-16-2007, 04:33 PM   #149
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

1975 31' Sovereign
Searcy , Arkansas
2air'

The 30' has been a better seller for us because of more space up front in the living area...you do lose a little closet area in the hall way area in the 30', but it all depends on your needs.

G

877-Air-hog1
877-247-4641

AIR #8844
Old 04-16-2007, 04:41 PM   #150
_

. , .
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmorris
The 30' has been a better seller for us because of more space up front in the living area... G
oh i agree.

it's sort of amazing that 2 shells the same size

can function and appear to be so distinct.

the split bath (30s) is my preference too.

wish they did it in a 34....

cheers
2air'

we are here on earth to fart around. don't let anybody tell you any different. k.v.
2airishuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 04:42 PM   #151
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

1975 31' Sovereign
Searcy , Arkansas
Noted!!

G

P.S. If I could...would ya trade???

877-Air-hog1
877-247-4641

AIR #8844
Old 04-20-2007, 11:57 AM   #152
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

1975 31' Sovereign
Searcy , Arkansas
Hey Gang.

I have just filled out a lengthy survey (over 20 pages) for our A/S Dealer Council meeting in June...lots of your suggestions from this thread were included in the quality and improvements sections of the survey.

I will say this...Airstream Inc. is doing a great job communicating with the Dealer Council (about 10 selected dealers from across the US) on how to not only maintain our reputation as a superior product but how to improve it...the fewer problems the consumer has the better things are for everyone involved!

I really think we are moving in the right direction here...the improvements made to the International's are great...there are some exciting things coming down the pipe as we speak (type).

You still have time to get in some ideas whether it be new floorplan ideas or more option ideas just let me know.

Happy Streamin'

G

877-Air-hog1
877-247-4641

AIR #8844
Old 04-20-2007, 01:19 PM   #153
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Here is a biggie...

Fix the disturbed Alcoa coating where riveted and sheet edges that seems to promote body corrosion as soon as 1 year or so from the date it rolls off the factory floor. Additionally, Airstream needs to find out, understand and fix why the rims and cast alum tail light finishes fail by means of form fill corrosion too.

Andy from Inland went out to Jackson Center a few weeks ago and brought with him a few quesitons. One was why so many units have fill form corrosion at such a young age?

Airstream's answer appears to have been "The finish can crack" and Andy I think added, allowing corroision to follow. I have an email out to Dave Schumann to see if there is a better answer. If not, this could mean that any Airstream on the road since late 1999 with the new pre-finished Aloca coating, can get white spider veins all over the exterior.
Computers manufactured by companies such as IBM, Compaq and millions of others are by far the most popular with about 70 million machines in use worldwide. Macintosh fans note that cockroaches are far more numerous than humans and that numbers alone do not denote a higher life form. -NY Times 11/91
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 02:06 PM   #154
Rivet Master

1989 29' Land Yacht
Mesa , Arizona
Hi Gene
Just looked at all the postings.CAN NOT beleave all of the remarks about poor QC on the newer units.We are owner of 1989 29 ft, twin bed SQUARESTREAM and have NO QC problems even at its age.People are always asking if it is a new Airstream model.Guess sometimes older is better.
I am trying to do the history of Squarestream and have gotten no help from JC. Problem with JC is they NEVER answer email or letters about older coaches and have no parts for them.IE no white "Airstream" lettering that goes on front window rock cover on Squarestream,and other posting looking for horizonal bottle cover.
One posting was talking about museum if they had that along with a historian that would be a big help to vintage oweners,since now we have nobody there that will or can answer questions on older units or history.
But some times I get the feeling that Thor only looks at the bottom line at Airstream and forgot quality and history that made it a great trailer company.
Keep up the good work and I do hope JC will listen to it's dealers because that is the hart of the hole operation.No dealers,No sales,No sales, No JC.
If you ever see any sales items,brochures,or other squarestream items(1989 to 1991 Land Yacht) please let me know

Jimmini
A squarestream family
You laugh at us because we are different.We laugh at you because you are all the sames.