Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Community Polls
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

View Poll Results: how many trips will you take in your Airstream this year
1-5 255 43.81%
6-10 204 35.05%
11-15 72 12.37%
more than 15 51 8.76%
Voters: 582. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-16-2004, 03:20 PM   #1
Rivet Master

2001 34' Limited S/O
Moyock , North Carolina
Rivet How many trips will you take in your Airstream this year?

How many trips and how far will you travel in your Airstream this year?
Past President Tidewater Unit 111
Rick Bell in "Silverbell"
Tarheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 04:17 PM   #2
Just a member

1978 28' Argosy 28
Lutz , Florida
Send a message via AIM to thenewkid64 Send a message via Yahoo to thenewkid64
The second longest trip will be to the International in Lansing. Our longest this year, and probably for a long time was bringing it home to Florida from Washington State.
WBCCI #5501 AIR # 49
-------------------------
1978 Argosy 28 foot Motorhome

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something. -- Plato

thenewkid64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 04:24 PM   #3
Cartoon Character

2004 34' Classic
On The Road , U.S.A.
Talking Once again I'm confused by a poll ...

Petunia and I should be fulltiming by May 1st.

How many trips is that? How far will we be travelling?

TrailerGypsies.com
WBCCI #3405 — Escapees #80360

I live the life I love and I love the life I live.
-- Willie Dixon
Porky Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 04:27 PM   #4
Just a member

1978 28' Argosy 28
Lutz , Florida
Send a message via AIM to thenewkid64 Send a message via Yahoo to thenewkid64
Re: Once again I'm confused by a poll ...

Quote:
Originally posted by Porky Pig
How many trips is that? How far will we be traveling?
A Grateful dead tune comes to mind:

What a long strange trip it's been.................

I would say more than 15 since every time you move to a new location it would be another trip. But that is just me
WBCCI #5501 AIR # 49
-------------------------
1978 Argosy 28 foot Motorhome

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something. -- Plato

thenewkid64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 07:13 PM   #5
Rivet Master

2001 34' Limited S/O
Moyock , North Carolina
My thought was that a trip began and ended when you reach home. I read a book about a man that sailed around the world singlehanded. When he landed back in England someone remarked that the boat looked pretty good. His reply was "well it should its only been out once"
It just seemed to me that a lot of the posts here were from those of us that love to work and tinker with these pretty shiny trailers. I haven't read as much as I thught that I would have about weekend trips, rallys, vacations, and just plain ole useing the things. So my interest is do we use them or just fix and polish them?
Past President Tidewater Unit 111
Rick Bell in "Silverbell"
Tarheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 07:41 PM   #6
Rivet Master

We usually make three or four weekend trips between the end of tax season, and the start of hot weather, then one trip in mid summer to Colorado to escape the heat for a week, then five or six weekends in the fall. There are a lot of nice options within 200 miles, but I don't enjoy the Ozarks outdoors once hot humid weather sets in.

Mark
j54mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 10:48 AM   #7
Just an old timer...

2004 22' Interstate
Tipton , Iowa
Tuesday-Thursday camping

We do a lot of close-around mid-week camping in the summer, at least two out of every three weeks all summer. We miss the weekend campground warrior nonsense, and still commute to work from the campgrounds. It breaks up the summer weeks, lets us use the A/S, and we still have a great time... working days!

Roger
85MH325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 03:38 PM   #8
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1968 17' Caravel
2005 30' Safari
Somewhere , roaming America
Our longest trip was to Florida and hopefully will be again late this year. Lansing is only half as far for us, at about 800 miles.

rluhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 07:10 PM   #9
2 Rivet Member

1996 28' Excella
Geneseo , New York
We take only one long summer trip a year with our A/S, ranging from 3k to 7k miles in total, and are gone from home for 2-3 months. Then we spend the next 9 months planning where we will go next time.

Some areas have become 'special' because of interesting natural beauty, friendly locals, and a lot of needed peace and quiet. . . . restful and recuperating, good hiking and photogenic. We have made some wonderful friends of all ages, some with A/S and others with SOB, from all around the country. And, the number increases each year.

We now plan a little gathering of those that can make it, to the same area, eat a lot of fresh fish and other good stuff, have some good singing and sharing around the campfire, and just enjoy being together. Its hard to stay away!

We usually choose a national forest at a high altitude [natural air conditioning], where the camping rates are low because there is no electric [and even cheaper where there is no water], and we can stay in one place for two uninterrupted weeks. . . and some stay for the whole summer.

The Airstream just makes all that much better, along with a great generator!

Bud
wrepete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 07:52 PM   #10
Rivet Master

Lisle , Illinois
In my mind ..... as many miles as I can get in.
In reality, maybe about 300 feet when I move it from the drive way its new home next to the house.
It will be a few years till I get it on the raod.
AIR#3788 TAC IL-10
No trailers...
till is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 10:00 PM   #11
4 Rivet Member

1975 25' Tradewind
, Michigan
Send a message via AIM to eikel1we
We hope to be at both mid-west gatherings - 800/1100 miles total RT. And a 2005 get-away about end of Feb. 'til the first of April has seriously been discussed these past few weeks! Since we have some big home updates being done in July we probably won't get away too much more than that.
This will be our 1st summer living full time on the lake so we are still figuring things out.

suz
2004 GMC Yukon XL 2500
Michigan - "middle of the mitt"
eikel1we is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 01:39 PM   #12
1 Rivet Member

We will take one major (one Month stay in Ennis) trip to Ennis, MT, with an added stop for a week in Beckley, WV. The round trip will be about 7,000 miles.
We have already been to the Florida State Rally, and plan on hitting All our local unit rallies we can work in around our trip. We are heading to Myrtle Beach, SC, for 5 days, tomorrow, then on to a unit rally in Fayetteville, NC, from there.

Joe & Mary
Joe & Mary Scudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 06:26 PM   #13
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
Joe and Mary, a month in the Ennis, MT, area! Wonderful. We spent a great couple of weeks in the area, staying not in Ennis, but at Madison River Cabins and Campground (highly recommend it) about 20 Mi. South of Ennis toward Yellowstone on the Madison. What a beautiful area-so much to do. Where will you be staying? Have you been there before? A small restaurant on the edge of the downtown strip had a delightful Sunday outdoor brunch served with live jazz. Fishing on the Madison and surrounding rivers and lakes was great adventure. We especially enjoyed the small emerald lakes called Wade Lake and Cliff Lake. Also within a day's drive was the Henry's Fork and Silver Creek Preserve. The weather was heaven! As fellow Airstreamers, I'll mention that I drooled everyday we took the drive to and from Ennis to the Madison River Cabins campground because we passed a ranch with a gorgeous AS Classic-lined motor home parked in the ranch drive. We never worked up the nerve to drive in and ask AS questions, but, I think that's when my AS fever reached high pitch. The result turned out not to be a MH but our '95 Limited. Enjoy your trips and, especially, enjoy Ennis. I hope we get back there one summer soon.
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 06:54 PM   #14
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
OlyPen , Washington
Visiting forum neighbor

We started of the season by taking a week and heading for the CA redwoods, then up 101 along the coast through Oregon. We stopped and visited Campcollector's park on the way past - stayed 2 nights - heard details of mashed bambi adventure. Finished off the trip with a stop at Portlands Camping world for more parts and gadgets.

AirForums Custom Search
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 06:45 AM   #15
1 Rivet Member

Hi Max,
Yes we have "enjoyed" Ennis several times. We have spent at least a week at the Camper Corner Campground on the North edge of town 4 times now, with a month long stay in Sept, 2002. The campground is in at the top of the little rise at the end of town, and behind one of the best meat markets you will find anywhere. We take our bicycles and ride along the river, and over behind Ennis Lake where the Sand Hill Cranes always stop over on their way South each year in September.
If you go back, be sure and visit the old gold rush town of Virgina City, just over the hill from Ennis. Stay on that same road to the little town of Twin Bridges, and eat in the "Old Hotel". It is a restaurant run by a lady from Scotland. She is also the cook, and has a Sunday Brunch that is killer.
I go to Ennis because I love to fly fish, and as you mentioned there are all the rivers that join within 50 miles of Ennis to form the Mossouri River. Ennis is dubbed the "Meca" of fly fishing by most fly fishing magazines in the US.

Joe Scudder
Joe & Mary Scudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 07:01 AM   #16
2 Rivet Member

Only one trip, 7500 miles so far though.
Old 04-18-2004, 06:16 PM   #17
4 Rivet Member

1991 34' Excella
Mansfield , Texas
6 or 7 weekends within 100mi. 1or 2 weeks at 500mi, & 1 to Grand Teton\Yellowstone 3-4wks. Mabe 3000
bill benton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2004, 11:36 PM   #18
3 Rivet Member

Time to hit the road, with gas prices as high as they are, it hits back!!!

Shortly after may 1st, we set out to pagosa springs, colorado. For some reason I can't recall how many miles it is from atlanta, Ga. Hopefully since we are both retired we can take our time and stop at sites along the way on the lower western route. In this case it s both the journey and the destination.
We want to visit a friend in Aliceville, Alabama (anyone know of any campground around there?), go to the alamo, canyon of the eagles, big bend national park, Carlsbad Caverns, some petroglyph sites in southern new mexico and up to pagosa. It is all one trip but we are gonna take in a lot.
Pagosa is a great little town in the Southern San Juan Mountains. We stay at a RV park on the Rio Blanco River called the Last Resort. Anyone coming that way please stop and give us a visit. we'll be there most of the summer. We are the ones in the airstream

Tom & Betsy
WBCCI #6978

There are two ways to die in the desert.
One is by thirst and the other is drowning.
gryphon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 12:48 AM   #19
Confused & Wandering

1993 34' Excella
Right here, , where ever I wake up
Send a message via AIM to Theo
I voted 1-5, but it will take all year.

Theo
Old 01-31-2005, 04:58 AM   #20
DEO
3 Rivet Member

2005 25' Safari
West of Boston , Massachusetts
We will take 4 or 5 depending on our personal schedules. I hope to go to Quebec for the Region 1 rally and the homecoming this year.
DEO is offline   Reply With Quote