11-15 72 12.33%
more than 15 51 8.73%
Voters: 584. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-23-2005, 04:20 AM   #43
Rivet Master
Currently Looking...
NE , Indiana
Wink Loving our Airstream

We picked up our Airstream on April 15th of this year. By the end of October, we will have camped at 9 state parks in Indiana, one in Illinois, relatives in Wisconsin, and will conclude the year with a trip to Fort Wilderness @ Disney World.

Hi Yo Silver, Away II?
looking for our next AS
AIR 7185
redeagle313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 09:57 AM   #44

1968 24' Tradewind
Louisville , earth
Send a message via Yahoo to Boondocker
First trip in mine was last weekend on lake Huron, camping again this weekend in southern Illinois, Yellowstone at the end of the month, and DC in December. I hope to squeeze in some other trips if I can

Visit my photography page
and the
Favorite camp grounds project map
My Blog

(The artist formerly known as General Disarray)

Boondocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 01:33 PM   #45
Rivet Master
2004 30' Classic Slideout
College Town USA , Virginia
Three trips so far this year from Key West to the Rockies. Leaving this weekend for a trip to the appalachians to cool off and see the grands. Boy are we looking forward to getting the old Silver Bullet back on the raod.
ZoominC6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 06:02 PM   #46
Rivet Master
Nipomo , California
Although we only expect to take 2 trips this year, the mileage will be considerable. Our first trip was 7 weeks in January and February covering 4,500 miles in California and Arizona.

Starting about July 20th, we'll be off to our new home (yet to be built) in Arizona by way of Boston and quite a few places in between. Unless we decide to rent a house for a while in Arizona, that probably means that we will be spending over 5 more months in the Airstream and will probably cover an additional 7,500 to 8,500 miles.

Fun stuff!!!!
Mike Young & Rosemary Nelson

Bowlus Road Chief "Endymion" (coming soon)
BMW X3 xDrive 28D
myoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 06:10 PM   #47
Rivet Master
Commercial Member
Currently Looking...
Naples, FL , Hood River, OR
My annual 'Great Diagonal' (South west Florida to Oregon) trip starts next week. It is 3500 miles as a straight shot, but I have lots of detours planned for this trip and will probably end up at around 4500 miles one way.

A stop in Miami, OK to visit the Newell Coach factory (finest MoHos made in the US) for business, then to Albuquerque to do a few installs on some Airstreams, then to Denver for an Aqua-Hot factory visit (more business), then back thru 4 corners and up to Utah to another friend's place, then to Boise ID to visit with Randy at Best RV Supply (more business) and finally on to Oregon and a little R & R!!!

Maybe 10 days on the road this time. I'll be hanging out in Hood River for the summer, so if any of you are passing by the NorthWest, give me a shout. great beer up there too!

The return trip in the Fall is another story.............and another itinerary!
Lew Farber...RVIA Certified Master Tech...ABYC Certified Master Marine Electrician
lewster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 07:57 PM   #48
2 Rivet Member
1970 31' Sovereign
1963 26' Overlander
Greeneville , Tennessee
We just got back from our maiden voyage to "Fort Wilderness" in Disney World!! No problems and had a great time...We owe this forum a WHOLE BUNCH of thanks...Too much for this post, but the campground site recommendation just could not have been better. We had site #108 near the beach and dock, and would not have known better without this group.
Round trip was about 1600 miles, and we will probably do 2 or 3 shorter trips before winter. We will dig out our paypal info and give our support as soon as we're unpacked.
Thanks again!
Kevin Evans and Family
If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there
brownsmtnlab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 01:44 PM   #49
3 Rivet Member
2003 25' Classic
Birmingham , Alabama
Went to Key West last month.

Next month, we're headed to Seattle...and have not completely ruled out Alaska.
Sean Michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 07:57 AM   #50
4 Rivet Member
2007 27' Safari FB SE
Full Timers just passing through , Arizona for a couple of weeks and then on to Utah!
Smile One Looong Trip

Leaving Texas on April 1st and heading to Alaska for the summer. First long trip in this rig and ready to go.
deauxrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 01:55 PM   #51
I approve of this message
2006 28' International CCD
Redmond , Washington
Originally Posted by deauxrite
Leaving Texas on April 1st and heading to Alaska for the summer. First long trip in this rig and ready to go.
We're planning an Alaska trip this summer as well! Curious if you're driving through Canada or picking up the ferry in Seattle? Have you finalized your route in Alaska? Any tips/resources to share? Thanks!
ostream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 06:21 AM   #52
4 Rivet Member
2007 27' Safari FB SE
Full Timers just passing through , Arizona for a couple of weeks and then on to Utah!
We are driving and taking the route through Calgary and Edmondton and then up the highway. The best resource that I have found is the "Mileposts". It is a must for drivers on the way to AK. We have finalized the route, but not the stops yet..we have time and plan to stop and smell the roses on the way.
deauxrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 08:42 AM   #53
4 Rivet Member
2004 34' Classic S/O
San Antonio , Texas
This summer will find us on the West Coast, all three States, Idaho, Montanna, Colorado, and New Mexico. If the plan holds up, I'll leave the middle of June and get back the middle of August. A little over 5k miles. I've been planning this one for about a year - think I'm looking forward to it?

'04 34' Classic S/O lounge, dome king, twin a/c, faux fireplace to keep the wife warm , equa-li-zer, prodigy, 4 birds, dog - no kids allowed!

'05 Excursion 4x4, 6.0 PSD, magnaflow, helwig anti-sway, air lift springs.
Stream 1529 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 09:01 PM   #54
2 Rivet Member
1979 31' Sovereign
Baton Rouge , Louisiana
Use them?

Originally Posted by Tarheel
My thought was that a trip began and ended when you reach home. I read a book about a man that sailed around the world singlehanded. When he landed back in England someone remarked that the boat looked pretty good. His reply was "well it should its only been out once"
It just seemed to me that a lot of the posts here were from those of us that love to work and tinker with these pretty shiny trailers. I haven't read as much as I thught that I would have about weekend trips, rallys, vacations, and just plain ole useing the things. So my interest is do we use them or just fix and polish them?
You mean we're SUPPOSED to you USE them? I knew I was dong something wrong!!! I may be sick, but polishing, modifying, tinkering and just all around inventing new projects for mine is almost as much fun as the trips!! Except for polishing in Louisiana 95 deg. summers!! -Don
cobra93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 08:34 AM   #55
1 Rivet Member
1963 24' Tradewind
north Rose , New York
Send a message via Yahoo to jacknshell
hmmmm..... no button for no trips? we have a permanent site near our home, we don't go anywhere. between the pets and the kids its really hard to get more than a day away from home. with the permanent site we can have our cake and renovate/repair it too
You want to paint it what color???
jacknshell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 09:32 PM   #56
4 Rivet Member
2008 27' International CCD FB
Bothell , Washington
Started April 18th and we ran until Mid-September almost continuously...Got a few more to go before we call it a year...LOL!

Air # 20467
WBCCI #4018

Just call us Jean & Bill :-)
HankandLois is offline   Reply With Quote