1-5 256 43.84%
6-10 205 35.10%
11-15 72 12.33%
more than 15 51 8.73%
Voters: 584. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-16-2004, 07:45 AM   #15
1 Rivet Member

Hi Max,
Yes we have "enjoyed" Ennis several times. We have spent at least a week at the Camper Corner Campground on the North edge of town 4 times now, with a month long stay in Sept, 2002. The campground is in at the top of the little rise at the end of town, and behind one of the best meat markets you will find anywhere. We take our bicycles and ride along the river, and over behind Ennis Lake where the Sand Hill Cranes always stop over on their way South each year in September.
If you go back, be sure and visit the old gold rush town of Virgina City, just over the hill from Ennis. Stay on that same road to the little town of Twin Bridges, and eat in the "Old Hotel". It is a restaurant run by a lady from Scotland. She is also the cook, and has a Sunday Brunch that is killer.
I go to Ennis because I love to fly fish, and as you mentioned there are all the rivers that join within 50 miles of Ennis to form the Mossouri River. Ennis is dubbed the "Meca" of fly fishing by most fly fishing magazines in the US.

Joe Scudder

Old 04-16-2004, 08:01 AM   #16
2 Rivet Member

Only one trip, 7500 miles so far though.

Old 04-18-2004, 07:16 PM   #17
4 Rivet Member

1991 34' Excella
Mansfield , Texas
6 or 7 weekends within 100mi. 1or 2 weeks at 500mi, & 1 to Grand Teton\Yellowstone 3-4wks. Mabe 3000
Old 04-19-2004, 12:36 AM   #18
3 Rivet Member

Time to hit the road, with gas prices as high as they are, it hits back!!!

Shortly after may 1st, we set out to pagosa springs, colorado. For some reason I can't recall how many miles it is from atlanta, Ga. Hopefully since we are both retired we can take our time and stop at sites along the way on the lower western route. In this case it s both the journey and the destination.
We want to visit a friend in Aliceville, Alabama (anyone know of any campground around there?), go to the alamo, canyon of the eagles, big bend national park, Carlsbad Caverns, some petroglyph sites in southern new mexico and up to pagosa. It is all one trip but we are gonna take in a lot.
Pagosa is a great little town in the Southern San Juan Mountains. We stay at a RV park on the Rio Blanco River called the Last Resort. Anyone coming that way please stop and give us a visit. we'll be there most of the summer. We are the ones in the airstream

Tom & Betsy
WBCCI #6978

There are two ways to die in the desert.
One is by thirst and the other is drowning.
gryphon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 01:48 AM   #19
Confused & Wandering

1993 34' Excella
Right here, , where ever I wake up
Send a message via AIM to Theo
I voted 1-5, but it will take all year.

Theo
Old 01-31-2005, 05:58 AM   #20
DEO
3 Rivet Member

2005 25' Safari
West of Boston , Massachusetts
We will take 4 or 5 depending on our personal schedules. I hope to go to Quebec for the Region 1 rally and the homecoming this year.
Old 01-31-2005, 07:04 AM   #21
1 Rivet Member

Hi Theo,
Welcome to the group.
I think this thread has long sense died, but I thought it was one of the more interesting ones. It gave one a chance to have a small glance into the wonderful world of travel done by the Airstreamers of the world.
We are booked on two WBCCI Caravans this summer. The first is the South West Adventures, and the second is the South East Spectacular. We are also scheduled to hit the International in Springfield, MO, on our way back from the SW Adventure Caravan. We have about three weeks to kill between the end of the caravan in SW Utah and the International in Springfield, MO. We will make a circle around Utah, then spend a week in Cotter, AR, fly fishing on the White River there.
Old 01-31-2005, 07:21 AM   #22
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
All depends if our wheels fall off due to the bearing issues.

Actually, it all really depends on fuel prices. Last year was a harsh reality, this year I'm hoping it will be more kind at the pump.
Computers manufactured by companies such as IBM, Compaq and millions of others are by far the most popular with about 70 million machines in use worldwide. Macintosh fans note that cockroaches are far more numerous than humans and that numbers alone do not denote a higher life form. -NY Times 11/91
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 08:14 AM   #23
3 Rivet Member

2015 28' Flying Cloud
Ladson , South Carolina
Our WBCCI unit - SC Coastal- rallies 10 times per year, plus our state rally. Then, there are always a few personal trips. Wish we could go more!
SC Coastal Unit
TAC-SC5
Safari Streamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 11:50 AM   #24
1 Rivet Member

Hi Kathy,
We are in the Eastern North Carolina Unit, and have at least one joint rally with your Unit each year.

Joe & Mary Scudder
Old 01-31-2005, 01:29 PM   #25
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
Field and Stream , PA & MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe & Mary Scudder
Hi Max,
Yes we have "enjoyed" Ennis several times. We have spent at least a week at the Camper Corner Campground on the North edge of town 4 times now, with a month long stay in Sept, 2002. The campground is in at the top of the little rise at the end of town, and behind one of the best meat markets you will find anywhere. We take our bicycles and ride along the river, and over behind Ennis Lake where the Sand Hill Cranes always stop over on their way South each year in September.
If you go back, be sure and visit the old gold rush town of Virgina City, just over the hill from Ennis. Stay on that same road to the little town of Twin Bridges, and eat in the "Old Hotel". It is a restaurant run by a lady from Scotland. She is also the cook, and has a Sunday Brunch that is killer.
I go to Ennis because I love to fly fish, and as you mentioned there are all the rivers that join within 50 miles of Ennis to form the Mossouri River. Ennis is dubbed the "Meca" of fly fishing by most fly fishing magazines in the US.

Joe Scudder
We make 1 decent sized trip each year (as much as 15,000 miles on the truck; somewhat less on the Airstream) and a couple smaller ones. This past summer we left home in PA in June and didn't return until early October, never making it beyond MT. This year I hope we get up to BC, Canada, if those MT trout don't interfere like they did last summer!

Joe, I've stayed at that campground in Ennis several times, tenting, but not for 6 or 8 years now. We used to pay $3 a night to pitch our tent right in the side yard on the grass under the shade trees - one the best sites and values anyone could wish for!

One of my favorite pools on the Madison is a couple miles upstream from there. Several years ago in mid- October I caught 2 monster browns in that pool within an hour of each other - probably the biggest brown trout I ever caught in the Madison River -- who's got time for all those restaurants and brunches when they're fish like that to be caught???

John
Old 01-31-2005, 05:02 PM   #26
Rivet Master

2001 34' Limited S/O
Moyock , North Carolina
Joe, we are hopeing to have a joint rally with Eastern NC again this year. Last year in Hatteras it was kind of balmy but we had a great time anyway. Had to wait for the tide to go our on Sunday to get off the Island but that is part of the charm. I hope to see the folks here of the forum at Florida State and at International. You and Mary will love the Southwestern, we took it last year and had a good time. There are two couples from our unit taking it this year and I know you will enjoy your time with them and the others.
Rick
Past President Tidewater Unit 111
Rick Bell in "Silverbell"
Tarheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 05:26 PM   #27

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvertwinkie
Actually, it all really depends on fuel prices. Last year was a harsh reality, this year I'm hoping it will be more kind at the pump.
I've noticed in the last three weeks the prices are creeping up again. We jumped to the $1.87 range up about $.21. Now we are holding steady at $1.75. We were down to $1.58 at one point. (I remember it wasn't that long ago we considered that excessive).

I continue to be perplexed but it seems like QT controls the market in St. Louis. They do this big run up, then pull a penny or more off the price each day until we stabilize for about 4-5 days. It just seems like the run up goes higher each time and the stabilize point never gets down as low as before. I'm fearing we will hit the $2.00 mark this spring when the govt. mandated reformulated gas hits the storage tanks.

For some of you (depending upon your location) I'm sure $2.00 sounds good.

Jack
AIR #56
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500,'14 Honda CTX 700
jcanavera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 07:44 PM   #28
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
Theo, if I've missed a post, just ignore this. You sound so excited about heading out fulltiming. Fill us in on making your decision, steps you've taken, all the how to's that lead to heading out the driveway with no holds left behind!

Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote