Old 07-13-2006, 06:14 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member
2004 16' International CCD
Arcata , California
Anybody camp and store?

After a rather noisy party at the neighbor's last night I got to thinking how nice it would be to have the trailer set up a reasonable distance from home to enjoy on occasions such as last night or just to slip away from the home for a night or two but still be able to hook up and tow away. I'm thinking trailer park/camp resort that allows year round rent/lease. Do any of you do this? What's involved and what should I look for or look out for? Sleepless Jamie (Cool and overcast. High 63 degrees)

Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 08:38 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus
1972 31' Sovereign
High Springs , Florida
Send a message via AIM to Pick
Jamie, most campgrounds have monthly rates. In Florida I have seen them as low as $225 to over $800 per month. Some also have a "Summer Seasonal" rate. Look around your area and see what's available. Be aware, though, that some campgrounds have a lot of junky SOB's in their monthly areas.

2003 GMC 2500HD 4X4 D/A Ext. Cab
Propane Powered Honda EU2000i
Lots of Hot Sauce!
Air # 283
WBCCI 1350
Pick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 08:42 PM   #3
Rivet Master
2007 30' Classic
Albuquerque , New Mexico
Originally Posted by Turtle
I'm thinking trailer park/camp resort that allows year round rent/lease. Do any of you do this? What's involved and what should I look for or look out for? Sleepless Jamie (Cool and overcast. High 63 degrees)
The local KOA lets you store for a nominal fee ($80 per month) and stay in your stored Airstream for the price of hook-ups on the nights you use it.
Ken L
2007 Classic Limited 30 (Sold)
2007Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax/Allison
Four Corners Unit WBCCI #8654, Affiliate NM Unit
Alumaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 08:48 PM   #4
Rivet Master
1988 25' Excella
Sunnyvale , California
Send a message via AIM to Condoluminum
Its a risk..

None of the state or county parks would allow long term setup, so you'd be looking at private RV park kind of place. Those that encourage long-term rentals are often on down-slope of wonderfulness, and are beginning to attract a less savory clientele. Given the total lack of security, an unattended trailer parked and left would be a tempting target for these residents and their acquiantances.. I'd be real worried about breakins and theft if you left it at many of those places, especially in parts of northern Calif where Meth and other "home grown" controlled substances can create some interesting pressures on local ethics... I've seen some with locked storage areas in campground, but that still means moving and hookups, and no power when unit stored in storage section...

I think I'd just head to area hotel for night of peace when neighbors are in the party spirit...

John McG

In Theory, there's no difference between Theory and Practice, but in Practice, there is usually a difference...
Condoluminum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 01:20 PM   #5
Rivet Master
1978 24' Argosy 24
Woodinville , Washington
I started a thread along similar lines:

There are a couple of RV resorts that sell deeded sites which would be ideal for this. Besides Lost Lake and Lake Tyee near us there's one down south in Woodlawn WA that's really nice. Just haven't found one in quite the right location.
bhayden is offline   Reply With Quote