View Poll Results: "Youth" section to forums?
No, There's not enough interest to redesign the forums. 15 22.73%
Yes, One "Youth" section in the "Our Community" Forum 45 68.18%
Yes, "Youth" section including multiple sections devided by age- up to 15, 16-20, 21-29 6 9.09%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-29-2005, 02:27 PM   #29
4 Rivet Member
Currently Looking...
Yorktown , Virginia
Send a message via Yahoo to Rivetedude
Hello...27yo whippersnapper here. I wouldn't say that younger people are all that different from older people, but there are differences.

At the homecomming rally, we were labeled repeatedly the "youngest airstreamers in history". No problem, but when do you go from getting ribbed for being young, to drinkin' beer and hangin' out? Also think about the really young kids. We've got two daughters, 3 and 5, who really enjoyed the trip, but in between the sparse young kid's activities, they fought like cats and dogs and got bored easily. When we went over to see Vintage Thunder, we found that they had a daughter right in between our two in age. They instantly started playing and having a good time. They looked like junkies getting a fix. It was difficult to separate them to go back to our trailer! What I'm saying is that statistically, people my age probably have kids close to the age of mine. That makes it much easier to socialize. Also, people my age and even much older usually aren't retired. Folks with a J.O.B. can't go to any rally they want to. It would be nice to be able to coordinate with other people of similar age or with children of similar age to go to certain rallies or events together and negotiate neighboring sites.

I don't think for a second that young people can't get along with older people. The fact that a young person is an Airstream owner by itself I think shows a higher level of maturity in the first place.

I think that all Jeep is trying to do is make Airstreaming a little more enjoyable for people his (and my) own age, and setting aside a special section within these already widely popular forums is such an easy and non-intrusive way to do just that. Airstream is changing in a big way and 90% of the change is targeting younger buyers, so scoot over...there's plenty of room around the campfire for everybody.

Go US Coast Guard!!!

"Keep You're Tin in the Wind"

My Photos
My MySpace!

Rivetedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 08:13 PM   #30
Rivet Master
1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
By the way, Jeep. . .you got my vote-one group. Enjoy ~G

1995 Airstream Classic Limited 30' ~ Gypsy
1978 Argosy Minuet, 6.0~Minnie/GPZWGN
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005, 06:26 PM   #31
Past Prez.NEU/Membership
2005 34' Classic
2015 Interstate Ext. Coach
N Smithfield , Rhode Island
Hey.......where did my thread go? Oh I see now....this thread has been split by the MODERATORS. Check out new thread 20's to 30's something Airstreamer.

T & Gail
2015 Airstream Interstate Ext
2005 34'Classic- Mercury (Goddess of Travel)
2004 Yukon Denali
, 2016 GMC 2500 Denali-Duramax Diesel

AirHog is offline   Reply With Quote