Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-21-2011, 08:48 PM   #41
Rivet Master

1954 25' Cruiser
Currently Looking...
Cruisin , Wisconsin
Andrew the Cruiser is looking great! Nice work, I like the tinted windows and what you wrote about the patches and that they are part of the history of the trailer. That's how I feel of the scratches and small bumps on ours. Good luck with your goal of moving in next month, I hope everything goes smoothly for you. Keep posting pictures when you can, my wife and I enjoyed reading the updates.
Doug

https://tinman54.blogspot.com/
https://www.airforums.com/forums/f228...tml#post616014
tinman54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 09:43 PM   #42
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
OO , OO
Send a message via Skype™ to cruiser54
SUPER work.....
Werner
cruiser54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 01:20 AM   #43
4 Rivet Member

1965 26' Overlander
Scottsdale , Southwest
Your Cruiser looks great!. I have to say it's impressive how much you have accomplished in such a short amount of time. Looking forward to seeing more pictures in the future.
NicheVintage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 07:28 AM   #44
2 Rivet Member

1954 26' Romany Cruiser
Asheville , NC
Thanks

Thanks for the comments everyone. I think its awesome how we have few people working on such a unique trailer and we draw inspiration from one anothers work. I wish I could be doing a full resto on the trailer but that will be 5 or ten years down the road. but watching you guys do it makes me envious!

But we got most of the floor rot out. As I mentioned we replaced the bathroom/kitchen floored and frame, but yesterday we attacked the rear end seperation and rot and pretty much fixed it in a matter of hours. (Granted we still had to patch back in the banna wraps and buck a few things...

So I am feeling pretty good about the stability and longeity of this "Shell on resto" I will run it hard all over the country before I really get into it!
Old 04-24-2011, 07:38 AM   #45
Rivet Master

1954 25' Cruiser
Currently Looking...
Cruisin , Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewM View Post
Thanks for the comments everyone. I think its awesome how we have few people working on such a unique trailer and we draw inspiration from one anothers work. I wish I could be doing a full resto on the trailer but that will be 5 or ten years down the road. but watching you guys do it makes me envious!

But we got most of the floor rot out. As I mentioned we replaced the bathroom/kitchen floored and frame, but yesterday we attacked the rear end seperation and rot and pretty much fixed it in a matter of hours. (Granted we still had to patch back in the banna wraps and buck a few things...

So I am feeling pretty good about the stability and longeity of this "Shell on resto" I will run it hard all over the country before I really get into it!
Your work is looking great! I wish I could say that I would be heading out all over the country soon. keep it up, sounds like you are in for some great adventures!
Doug

https://tinman54.blogspot.com/
https://www.airforums.com/forums/f228...tml#post616014
tinman54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 04:08 PM   #46
2 Rivet Member

1954 26' Romany Cruiser
Asheville , NC
Done as Done could be...

Well it has been a long time since I have posted and most of that was due to the breakneck speed of which we were working. We bought the Cruiser in the beginning of March and moved it to memphis the beginning of June pretty much fully renovated. We missed our target date by a week or two, but nothing too major. It was an incredible but trying process. The project would not have been possible except for my brother's expertise, his tools and his hospitality.

We did some un orthodox things including a mini split AC, a stainless steel shower pan in the middle of the trailer, and a humanure toilet system. If anyone has any questions they can feel free to ask away. I love talking about the Cruiser with people.

you can see much of the progress and final results at our blog www.airstreamfever.com

I will also upload some photos to the album function on the site here.

I am now full timing in the Cruiser behind a community house of friends. Its been a blast so far.

Here are a few:

Old 07-11-2011, 07:17 PM   #47
2 Rivet Member

1954 25' Cruiser
Marshfield , Massachusetts
Andrew, I checked out the website and all the updates. Great Job!! I love the beauty and utility of the birch plywood floor and diamond plate shower. Very, very well done...keep us posted on living there.
54Cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 12:30 PM   #48
2 Rivet Member

1954 26' Romany Cruiser
Asheville , NC
Thanks Don, a friend had the diamond plate for pretty cheap. I polished the right side but didn't polish the left. If I didn't tell you a person wouldn't notice but if you look closely in the photo you can tell:

The flooring is a UV finish and is very durable. It is basically a laminate style wood floor without all the work of laying it in strips. It gives it a more natural feeling in my opinion.

When I get the time and money perhaps I will pull it near you and learn how to build an airplane! Those things are sweet!