Old 09-25-2005, 03:25 PM   #1
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
Currently Looking...
Chandler , Oklahoma
We bought land

Decided it was time to stop taking two tow vehicles, one with the Argosy, one with the pontoon boat, to the lake and paying to camp in a campground. We purchased a beautiful piece of land in a great area with security, all utilities and its own fire department. It's not on the lake (who can afford that) but it's very close. We can leave the Argosy on the land as long as it's not our permanent home. The boat can stay too. We can build if we want or just leave the Argosy for week-end and vacation stays. You can see it will take some clearing, but it should be beautiful.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0003.JPG
Views:	73
Size:	105.8 KB
ID:	14796   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0010.JPG
Views:	63
Size:	119.4 KB
ID:	14797  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0008.JPG
Views:	58
Size:	124.1 KB
ID:	14798  

juel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005, 03:33 PM   #2
Rivet Monster

1975 31' Sovereign
1980 31' Excella II
Sprung Leak , North Carolina
SWEEET! I have property that looks like that but it is an hour away from the lake...and I am never home to enjoy it. Now you will have to post update pictures as you get it cleared and improved. Aaron

__________________ many little time...
Why are we in this basket...and where are we going
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005, 04:24 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
Currently Looking...
Chandler , Oklahoma
I'm not more than a quarter mile from the boat ramp. I feel very lucky to have found this. You bet I'll be posting pictures when the clean up begins. My husband is being sent to New York in October, so probably nothing will get done except paying for the septic to be put in. Corps of Engineers are really strick about having that before they will give you rural water or electric. Calling about getting the septic started tomorrow.
Old 09-25-2005, 04:40 PM   #4
Rivet Master
2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Send a message via Skype™ to GT1963
Hi Juel;

Looks like there is lots of potential there. We saw a diamond in the rough two years ago - and for the price of a loaded 28' Safari we were really lucky to pick up a waterfront lot.

Bit of an odd shaped lot but with lots of character. It took all spring and the back side of last summer just to get to the point where we could navigate the lot - get the dock in and give the only building (12X12) shed a new paint job. Clean up the lot from years of garden brush.

Like you we are going to put in the services to the lot and try and get away with putting our little Globe Trotter down their for a Cabana type escape. We had the hydro put in this summer and will look into the well and septic for next year possibly.

We really lucked out and found this lot just down the road from where we live - an 8 minute walk actually - so we have the best of all three worlds - forest, waterfront and travel in the winter with the Airstream.

What do you have in mind for landscaping??

Have fun
Attached Images
Everything will be alright in the end. If it is not alright now, then it is not the end.
GT1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005, 05:43 PM   #5
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
Currently Looking...
Chandler , Oklahoma
I want to leave it as natural as possible to shield us from the road. However, my husband is in favor of cutting down all the little trees and leaving it as open as possible. Since the lake is about an hour and a half from our home, I want as little lawn as possible. No way to mow and grass doesn't grow in the trees. We'll settle on something. We're really lucky to find big trees in Oklahoma, so I say leave as many as possible. I just want a pad for the Argosy and a cover for the boat.