Old 04-24-2007, 10:28 AM   #15
Rivet Master

1978 24' Argosy 24
Woodinville , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopper
I was told that the little crystal light thingy was used to check to polarity of the electrical hookup. If that makes sense. I don't know other than that, but you might post the question under "electrical".
Ah, use of the search function reveals you are 100% correct. So now I know it's a good thing I've never seen it on . -Bernie

Old 04-24-2007, 11:31 AM   #16
4 Rivet Member

1977 24' Argosy 24
Inverness , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopper
Bhayden, I was told that the little crystal light thingy was used to check to polarity of the electrical hookup. If that makes sense. I don't know other than that, but you might post the question under "electrical".

Cheers!
It is a reverse polarity warning light.

Old 04-26-2007, 09:24 AM   #17
2 Rivet Member

1977 24' Argosy 24
Mountlake Terrace , Washington
The more I visit this site the more I like it! Most of my questions are answered before I ask them. I picked up my hitch and weight distributor set up yesterday. I will wire in the plug for the truck this weekend. I do have a problem though. I searched the forums and posted a thread in referigerators.
The previous owner left some meat in the fridge after the last trip. I tried everything I know but can't get rid of the smell. The refer is only 2yrs old. am I out a new refer or does someone have a cure?
Brian
Old 04-26-2007, 09:43 AM   #18
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
Eastern , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by w/oapaddle
The previous owner left some meat in the fridge after the last trip. I tried everything I know but can't get rid of the smell. The refer is only 2yrs old. am I out a new refer or does someone have a cure?
Brian
Cook lutefisk on stove? Fridge won't seem like such a problem!

Have you tried cleaning with soap/baking soda solution and then leaving it open for a long time?

Let's have a polishing party: I'll supply the trailer and buffing supplies. BYOB (bring your own buffer)

AirForums Custom Search
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 09:43 AM   #19
Rivet Master

1968 24' Tradewind
Eureka , California
I had great results with a natural cleaning product called, Bac Out.

Our cat peed on a pile of clothes (multiple times)- and rather than tossing an expensive jacket, I decided to soak it in bac out (and water)- for a few days. The smell was totally gone!! It's a natural enzyme based cleaner- I use it everywhere, because I hate the smell of conventional cleaners.

I'd spray it in, close the doors and let it be for a few days. Repeat if necessary.

You'll find it at a natural foods store.

Good luck!

"If you want something done right, do it yourself!"
sequoiacoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 09:47 AM   #20
2 Rivet Member

1977 24' Argosy 24
Janet: ROFLMAO! If all else fails I'll try the lutefisk. Thanks for all the help! This place is great!
Brian
Old 04-26-2007, 01:54 PM   #21
Rivet Master

1978 24' Argosy 24
Woodinville , Washington
Brian,
The Bac Out sounds like a great product to try. You won't have to replace the fridge. If there's smell still left after cleaning out the fridge then it's gotten into something else. If you've got the time a good carpet cleaning can do wonders. I can't wait to get our ripped out and replaced with a wood floor!

It' suppose to be decent this weekend here in Seattle so plan on openning up the vents, crack the windows and get some fans going. Nothing like a good airing out to freshen up the inside of the trailer!

FWIW getting ready to go last weekend I found a zip lock bag of bacon in ours from when the power was out last winter . Fortunately bacon has enough salt and nitrates it hadn't gotten too bad. I didn't try openning the zip lock .

-Bernie
Old 04-26-2007, 03:17 PM   #22
2 Rivet Member

1977 24' Argosy 24
Bernie
Got your pm and I'll be in touch. Got the cofee and went with a fine french roast with a great aroma and full body I'll be trying other methods also. Thanks to all!
Brian
Old 04-29-2007, 10:14 PM   #23
2 Rivet Member

1977 24' Argosy 24
Did some interior work over the last week and laid new carpet. To many pics to post so here's my photobucket.
Bomech1 - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I hope you enjoy
Brian
Old 04-30-2007, 07:23 PM   #24
3 Rivet Member

1976 26' Argosy 26
glen ellyn , Illinois
Send a message via MSN to lilmouse Send a message via Yahoo to lilmouse
Welcome to the forum. You have one very pretty trailer! I like the rock guards- make it look like a silver a/s in disguise.
Old 04-30-2007, 07:42 PM   #25
Steven and Susan

1979 Argosy Minuet 7.3 Metre
Carmel , California
Congratulations Brian. Looks like a great trailer. Have fun.
Old 06-19-2007, 09:01 AM   #26
2 Rivet Member

1977 Argosy 24
Hudson , New Hampshire
Send a message via AIM to 2Alaska
I am also a total newbie to a 77 Argosy 24. I have the twin beds with dinette model. I've been fixing her up, but I need a little help. I've just discovered a leak! I've searched the forum for help but I haven't found what I'm looking for yet so I hope it's OK to post here. I think the leak is coming from the stove vent. I can't get the vent to open from the inside and the upper cabinets are swollen along the bottom inside like it's been wet for a while. The fan looks like it may have been replaced. Maybe a poor replacement caused the leak? The light above the sink still works. On the outside it looks like someone may have tried to pry it open from the bottom. I don't want to damage anything else so I thought I would ask first to see if anyone else has had a similar problem.
Thanks, Jennifer
Old 06-26-2007, 06:11 PM   #27
2 Rivet Member

1975 24' Argosy 24
Midland , Michigan
I am a newbie too. '75 Argosy 24. I could not tell you which model but it has twin beds and couch that pulls out into a double bed. The door is in front. I am impressed with all the room and it is perfect for my two sons, my wife and me. It has a nasty dent in the passenger side top, front and the previous owner left the steps down and decided to leave. He ripped them clean off. It is tight though and I just ripped the carpeting out. I can't wait to put a new wood floor in and go from there. I was glad to see there was a forum space just for us Argosy owners. I was feeling a little like a step child.
Old 06-27-2007, 01:14 PM   #28
2 Rivet Member

1977 Argosy 24
Hudson , New Hampshire
Send a message via AIM to 2Alaska
1Michigander,
Nice picture! My 77 Argosy also looks like someone tried to drive away with the step down also. It's completely gone! I'm using a step stool and it works fine for now. I just ripped out the lovely yellow carpet and am putting in laminate flooring. I just want to sure I get everthing else done first. Good luck and have fun! I love mine!
Jennifer (2Alaska)