Welcome to the Forums and the worl of Vintage Argosy ownership!
Originally Posted by Yumasgirl
Could anyone please tell me where I can find info on my 77 Argosy 24 ft. She seems to be in good shape, to me. I've only refinished homes, this is totally different. I want her to be special. Anything is greatly appreciated.
Your coach is very similar to a similar vintage and size Airstream. Both lines shared similar appliances and accessories; but many of the things that were standard on the Airstream were extra cost options on the Argosy. There were also certain features that were unique to either the Airstream or the Argosy. Some features unique to Argosys during that period were:
- The Panoramic front windows with deep-wrap wing windows were an Argosy exclusive at first . . .
- The rear bedroom model with the Panoramic rear window with deep wrap wing windows was an Argosy exclusive at first . . . .
- The galvanized steel exterior front and rear domes were an Argosy exclusive. . . .
- The rear door floorplans were first offered in the Argosy coaches - - 22 first and then 24.
- The compact, light weight Minuet Series was exclusive to argosy in that it featured:
- A width of 7' rather than the 7' 8" of the standard coach.
- Many of the 6.0 Metre and some of the 6.7 Metre Minuets had composite aluminum floors so there wasn't the issue of floors rotting.
- Vinyl-Clad Aluminum cabinetry rather than the more typical laminates of the standard coaches.
If your coach didn't come with its owner's manual, one can be acquired at the following link
. If you need a factory repair manual, there isn't one specifically for Argosy; but the one for Airstream will be a good starting place as the structural composition is similar if not identical -- service manuals can be found at this link
Most Airstream dealers who are Vintage friendly welcome the Argosy just as if it were an Airstream. The appliances and accessories were of the same manufacturer for the most part. If you are looking for some general information about your argosy, there is some available at this link
I am sure that if you have specific questions about your coach that there will be a number of us who can either answer or point you in the right direction.
Good luck with your coach!