Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Argosy Trailers > All Argosy Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-24-2011, 12:03 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

1975 24' Argosy 24
Burlington , Ontario
Tongue lift.

I had a problem with my 22 ft Argosy in that Just as I was leaving for Florida (with everything loaded,) the electric tongue lft would not work. I Had 1.2 Volts DC at the switch. I used and outboard power supply to give the necessary electricity.
Well on returning home I spent some time trouble shooting the problem. Of course being an electronic expert I was determined I could repair it.

I time I was looking for help. NO ONE WOULD LOOK AT IT.
I called my son to help me (I have a health problem.) HE who knows nothing about electricity said How about the battery? I replyed "It's a new battery!". Then I remembered I had two years before repaired the battery compartment..

On looking at the battery I discovered that the Positive cable (made of several Strands of wire only had ONE STRAND connecting the cable to the battery.

Proves never overlook the obvious. and what had happened recently in the system.

I hang my head

Rae Canada
raebaker06 is offline   Reply With Quote