Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-16-2015, 10:19 AM   #1
Bex
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Eckville, Lacombe County , Alberta
Send a message via Skype™ to Bex
Time to say farewell

I just sold our Argosy to a very nice young couple that actually live quite close to us.

I have enjoyed the chats on here and appreciated all the advice that was given to enable me to get the trailer into a reasonable state. For that, thank you all.

We never actually managed to camp in it but I am going to be heading aver to a near neighbour to hopefully, buy his 19 or 21 ft 1963 Caravelle.

We WILL be camping in that.

So long folks.

A wise man once told me he wanted to stay fit enough to run a marathon on his hundredth birthday. Another said he wanted to be shot by a jealous husband on his, I'm with the latter. God bless you Richard.

Carpet Cleaning is what I do, it's not who I am.
Bex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 11:29 AM   #2
Rivets?

1992 29' Excella
2010 22' Interstate
Van By The River , Georgia
I'm confused. Are you saying farewell to the Argosy? Are you saying farewell to Air Forums? I'm guessing you'll remain interested in Air Forums if you're considering buying a Caravelle.

Regardless, it must be a bittersweet moment to part with something you've put time and energy into repairing, and I'm sure some money too. Sounds like the Argosy is going to a good home.

Hopefully the Caravelle (or something) will work out for you.
2018 GMC Sierra K1500 SLT, 6.2L, Max Trailering
Got a cooped-up feeling, gotta get out of town, got those Airstream campin' blues...
nvestysly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 11:31 AM   #3

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
There is no need to say good bye. Just consider yourself "between Airstreams" and stick around.

Brian
WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with ProPride
2020 Silverado 2500 (Vivian)
2023 Rivian R1T (Opal)
moosetags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 05:59 AM   #4
Bex
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Eckville, Lacombe County , Alberta
Send a message via Skype™ to Bex
Yeah, not leaving airforums but I wont be in the Argosy fold much in the future and it is bittersweet. I enjoyed working on the Argosy (for the most part) and have learned a lot about the systems and how they are put together. Since buying (and selling) it, I have met many great folks on here and at home. I say at home because I got the opportunity to buy a trailer load of Airstream parts from someone I bought a screen door from. A wonderful couple. Anyway, over the last two years or so I have been selling bits and pieces of this inventory of parts, and mostly the folks I have sold to have been close enough to visit me with their trailers. Its been a lot of fun.
So yes, I will still be on Airforums , just not in the Argosy section, well, not until we get another one because I do have my eye on a minuet that a Guy has had for sale the last 4 years. He is just not trying too hard to sell it and I think I could get it for under $3500. I also relised the one local to me is not a caravel, its a globetrotter, 1963 19 or 21 ft I think.

A wise man once told me he wanted to stay fit enough to run a marathon on his hundredth birthday. Another said he wanted to be shot by a jealous husband on his, I'm with the latter. God bless you Richard.

Carpet Cleaning is what I do, it's not who I am.
Bex is offline   Reply With Quote