Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 11-27-2007, 02:05 PM   #1
New Member
 
Currently Looking...
Amherst , Virginia
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 3
Spotted Argosy from road....any way of telling length from # windows???

I spotted an Argosy driving today parked behind someones house. Is there any way of telling the length from the windows.....it had one rear window curbside with the door up front....and two on the other side, one near rear, one near front, with wraparound front windows....it looked to be 22' or 24'...just curious if anyone knows for sure....
__________________

__________________
75ARGOSY1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 02:40 PM   #2
Rivet Master<br><img src="/ugala/forums/images/5rivet.gif">
 
CanoeStream's Avatar

 
2006 25' Safari FB SE
St. Cloud , Minnesota
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 13,279
Images: 19
Blog Entries: 3
That describes my '74 24' Argosy. But take a look at overlander64's brochures too: http://www.airforums.com/photos/brow...c=3178&userid=
__________________

__________________
Bob

5 meter Langford Nahanni

CanoeStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 05:31 PM   #3
Rivet Master
 
InsideOut's Avatar

 
1956 22' Safari
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 11,793
Images: 108
Also, take a look at the Vintage Archives. There is an Argosy section there too...

Shari
__________________
Vintage Airstream Club - Past President 2007/2008
WBCCI #1824 - DenCO Unit Past President (2005)
AIR #30 - Join Date: 2-25-2002

RMVAC | WBCCI DenCO Unit | Sisters on the Fly | Tin Can Tourists
BIRDY - our 1956 Safari | 1964 Serro Scotty
InsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 07:43 PM   #4
Rivet Master
 
Phil and/or Sue's Avatar
 
1997 34' Limited
Young Harris , Georgia
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 857
Images: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by 75ARGOSY1
I spotted an Argosy driving today parked behind someones house. Is there any way of telling the length from the windows.....it had one rear window curbside with the door up front....and two on the other side, one near rear, one near front, with wraparound front windows....it looked to be 22' or 24'...just curious if anyone knows for sure....
I suggest that a picture be taken and shared here...most likely someone will be able to tell then.
__________________
Phil and/or Sue w/ Cheryl & Penny and Roger
(Buffett RIP 9/15/08, Gus RIP 12/22/2015)
1997 34' Excella
'09 Dodge Cummins Ram 3500 Crew 4x4 auto
AIR 1753
Phil and/or Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 04:33 PM   #5
New Member
 
Currently Looking...
Amherst , Virginia
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanoeStream
That describes my '74 24' Argosy. But take a look at overlander64's brochures too: http://www.airforums.com/photos/brow...c=3178&userid=

Thanks for the link....helped narrow it down..I also looked in the Argosy photo section, and saw that it looks very similar to mrmossyone's Argosy. I may have to stop next time driving through and take a look..of course Im afraid if I do that, I may tow it home.
__________________
75ARGOSY1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 08:07 PM   #6
Rivet Master
 
mrmossyone's Avatar
 
1975 Argosy 24
Collierville , Tennessee
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 727
Images: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by 75ARGOSY1
Thanks for the link....helped narrow it down..I also looked in the Argosy photo section, and saw that it looks very similar to mrmossyone's Argosy. I may have to stop next time driving through and take a look..of course Im afraid if I do that, I may tow it home.
Mine is a 75 Argosy 24 and what you describe is what mine is like.
__________________

__________________
Different strokes for different folks!

I never learned from a man who agreed with me.
Heinlein
mrmossyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Argosy Wing Windows Lumatic Windows & Screens 13 07-08-2009 05:43 PM
Argosy Airstream MH front windows the same? Jim Lee Airstream Motorhome Forums 9 02-23-2008 10:26 AM
'79 20' "For Sale" Argosy spotted Bronze Dancer Classic Motorhomes 5 03-19-2007 09:46 AM
1976 Argosy 26' Office Van? No windows on sides RichardT Argosy Motorhomes 9 02-26-2006 11:31 AM
Windows-probs, Linux more prbs...back to Windows Kistler Off Topic Forum 13 11-04-2004 10:19 AM


Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:04 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Airstream is a registered trademark of Airstream Inc. All rights reserved. Airstream trademark used under license to Social Knowledge LLC.