Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Argosy Trailers > All Argosy Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-08-2019, 12:45 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

1977 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
Washington , Washington, D.C.
Shower water 6 meter 1977 minuet

Hello!

I joined the forum about a year ago, and have been reading and lurking ever since, and have a question that i don’t see in the threads.

I understand that my minuet’s shower is not plumbed to the grey tank, and i have a blueboy to use to capture the shower water, but i would love to hear/see a bit more detail on where the shower actually drains to and what i am looking for to hook up the blue boy. I’m ready and willing to crawl around underneath her, but i have no concept what i’m trying to find!

Many thanks in advance

beth
Bethie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 03:22 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1966 17' Caravel
Currently Looking...
Las Cruces , New Mexico
There should be only one outlet for both black and gray tanks, but two handles for dump valves. The shower goes 'straight through' to that one outlet as well, but there is (obviously) no dump valve for it. The way I hooked up the blue boy was to get a cap for the drain outlet with a garden hose connection, put that cap on the drain outlet and run a garden hose to the blue boy. The garden hose had female connections on both ends. (My blue boy came with a short length of hose with correct fittings.)
Old 06-08-2019, 03:31 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1966 17' Caravel
Currently Looking...
Las Cruces , New Mexico
Here is a picture of one of the garden hose adapter caps courtesy of VTS. This one is for Valterra fittings. The Thetford cap is similar, but more expensive.
https://www.vintagetrailersupply.com...-p/vts-637.htm
Old 06-09-2019, 07:09 AM   #4
1 Rivet Member

Thanks so much!
Old 06-10-2019, 05:32 AM   #5
3 Rivet Member

Airstream - Other
Knoxville , TN
Bethie - I would question why you think the shower doesn't go to the gray water tank unless you know that it has been disconnected. Argosy's all have the same standard bath layout with the shower connecting to the gray tank, at least after the early 70's when the plumbing codes changed. My 77' Argosy 26 goes to the gray tank, note the black pipe going across the frame and connecting at the Y-pipe.(see photo below). I will say that when I bought my Argosy the shower drain wasn't connected to the shower pan so if I had used it water would have just drained to the belly pan then to the ground. You can check the connection easy enough by starting with both tanks empty and both valves close, with the drain cap off run start with running water in the sink to see if the gray water tank valve is closing and sealing properly. If nothing comes out then try the shower. Again if nothing comes out its going to the gray water tank. If it does come out of the drain then it has been by-passed. If you have to open your black water tank to get the shower to drain then someone has improperly plumbed the shower and this could let the black water back up into the shower.
[IMG]Back panel 1 by Eric Frye, on Flickr[/IMG]
Eric 26 Argo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 03:18 PM   #6
Rivet Master

1966 17' Caravel
Currently Looking...
Las Cruces , New Mexico
Eric, the Minuets are different. The 6M Minuet gray tank is above the floor on the street side and the black tank sits mainly on the floor under the toilet. The shower drain is at floor level so it can't be plumbed to either tank.
Old 06-11-2019, 06:32 AM   #7
1 Rivet Member

Eric
Thanks for the detailed response and photo. The previous owner told us the shower didn’t drain to the tanks and as Argonaut pointed out, this is a “feature” of the minuets!
bethie
Old 06-12-2019, 05:17 AM   #8
3 Rivet Member

Airstream - Other
Knoxville , TN
Yep. I found another post that confirmed the shower drain is not connected to the grey tank.
Eric 26 Argo is offline   Reply With Quote