Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Argosy Trailers > All Argosy Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-17-2006, 07:48 PM   #1
Geezer

1991 25' Excella
Sapulpa , Oklahoma
Shower sink Refinishing

Anyone had any luck refurbishing the shower and sink in a 1976 Argosy. Ours is a dingy light brown with water marks and stains. The metal drains are corroded. I ran across a company called Refinishing on Line. They sell a kit to rejuvenate fiberglass tubs.
LRPorter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 08:39 PM   #2
2 Rivet Member

1989 25' Excella
1998 36' Land Yacht Widebody
Kimball , Minnesota
Bath refinishing

I have refinished a shower, sink, vanity and toilet in a 1972 Tradewind with very good results. I used a two part primer and two part epoxy finish from Midwest Chemical. They really aren't a do it yourself shop but if you have an HVLP sprayer and a freash air respirator you can have them ship small quanities. I checked out the website for refinishing on line and their stuff looks like it would be similar and easier to use. The price looks good, too.

Be very careful to follow the directions and also be very careful about avoiding the fumes. This stuff can be very toxic. If done well the plastic part of the bathroom will look like new and will be durable. If the metal drains are corroded, try cleaning them with an acidic clearer like CLR or some other bathroom cleaner designed to remove rust and minerals. Let it soak for a while then scrub it with a scotch brite pad. I was very happy with my results. It change the bathroom from disgusting to new looking. I don't have this trailer anymore but may have an old picture or two if you are intersted.
musketeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 08:43 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1993 25' Excella
Full Time , Anywhere USA
Balgrn Has....

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRPorter
Anyone had any luck refurbishing the shower and sink in a 1976 Argosy. Ours is a dingy light brown with water marks and stains. The metal drains are corroded. I ran across a company called Refinishing on Line. They sell a kit to rejuvenate fiberglass tubs.
Take a peek at Balrgn's website. He refinished his 75 TradeWind's bathroom using POR-15. It's fantastic! www.balrgn.com/Airstream.htm

myboyburt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 04:55 PM   #4
Geezer

1991 25' Excella
Sapulpa , Oklahoma
ABS Plastic

Since originally posting I have discovered that the sink and shower pan are made of ABS plastic. I have also learned that it can be sanded with wet sandpaper and refinished with Gel Gloss. I will report how it turns out - after I do the work.

Lynn
LRPorter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 06:08 PM   #5
3 Rivet Member

After checking out Balgrn's pics and info, I tried the Por 15. I'm reallly happy with the results. joe
joewinfield is offline   Reply With Quote