Old 10-16-2008, 03:45 PM   #15
Rivet Master

1973 Argosy 26
Norristown , Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by campman View Post
An Andy, selling things at a 100% markup is next to sinful!! It goes both ways in a free society. In terms of the good price, he had a great deal in stock, probably bought when the price was much lower and all he did was cut some from his large stock. I doubt he lost money.
Hi chapman; It is a free market buy as you will, but making assumptions of what the dealer paid for an item it is just an empty speculation which does not belong on the forums. Only Andy knows when he purchased it and how much he paid for it. Ist it possible that you shop at Marcus Neiman and give them a 600 percent markup without complaint? If you do not want to pay his price then just move on to Wall-Mart. I have never brought anything from him because he is on the wrong coast for me, but even if I did at a high price you would not hear me knocking his business down. He lost your business and it his loss not yours, why do you than gripe about it? Even at 100 percent markup of $15.00 sale is not worth handling, and maybe that is how he felt about it. I myself own a boat business, and I know about freight charges, surcharges, fuel charges, handling charges, emergency shipper charges. We the business owners get everything passed onto us, and nothing is free anymore. Suck up and go to Wall-Mart, because your gripe is unfounded and unnecessary. Thanks, "Boatdoc"

Old 10-16-2008, 04:00 PM   #16
Rivet Master

1994 30' Excella
Mississauga , Ontario
Just for perspective, current womens fashions are normally marked up about 400%.
And they seem to sell lots of clothing.
Al

Old 10-16-2008, 04:13 PM   #17
Rivet Master

1968 28' Ambassador
Cedaredge , Colorado
OFF topic people.....

May you have at least one sunny day, and a soft chair to sit in..

2008 5.7 L V8 Sequoia
AIR # 31243
WBCCI # 6987
FOUR CORNERS UNIT
purman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 04:56 PM   #18
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
Currently Looking...
Chandler , Oklahoma
Very good point Roger. After all, we are in America and for the time being we are able to buy what we want from whomever we want. AND we are free to talk about it and disagree. I love this place.
Old 10-23-2008, 08:08 AM   #19
Usually Sleepy

1973 27' Overlander
East Haven , Connecticut
It seems to me I read a thread where someone used some garden edging cut to size that fit in the exterior aluminum channel. I could not find that post just now. Anyone else recall that?

of course that only works for you if you want a black insert.
biggoofball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 11:25 AM   #20
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

Corona , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggoofball View Post
It seems to me I read a thread where someone used some garden edging cut to size that fit in the exterior aluminum channel. I could not find that post just now. Anyone else recall that?

of course that only works for you if you want a black insert.
Black vinyl molding insert is available through parts stocking Airstream dealers.

Andy