Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-15-2003, 08:10 PM   #1
BDBLUEGRASS

1975 31' Sovereign
HEBER SPRINGS , Arkansas
Rear Bath Floor Droop

I have a 1976 26' rear bath Argosy. When leveling the trailer I discovered the back half of the floor tilts downward slightly toward the bath. Everything seems to be very solid (no floor squeaks or soft spots in the floor). Everything works perfectly. The trailer has been in storage most of its life and used very little. Is this a common problem with the floor in this model trailer? If so, what should I do about it?
Thanks for your help,

Billy

P.S. Andy, thank you for all your hard work and dedication.
bdbluegrass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2003, 02:05 PM   #2
1 Rivet Member

1991 32' Excella
BRICK , NJ
Floor droop

Hi - I have a 76 Argosy 26 rear bath also. I have not noticed any rearward slope towards the bath, and I was banging around with drooped axles for a while, too, until I replaced them. But I haven't looked for a sagging rearend. How did you measure it? Thanks - Guy
91Excella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005, 05:28 PM   #3
1 Rivet Member

sloping floor 1975 26ft argosy

My argosy also has a sloping floor, it slopes gradually 1" from the axles back to 32" from the back, the back 32"(where the grey water tank starts) slopes an additional 3/4". So the total slop from axles back is 1 3/4. The outside shell is straight with no creases. The argosy was also suffering from rearend separation which I repaired last fall. I also had the belly pan off last fall and didn't notice any frame cracks or bends.

What I would like to know is can the frame bend and not brake, does it have to be repaired or is this the natural state of a argosy of this age.
mtour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005, 08:48 PM   #4
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1968 17' Caravel
2005 30' Safari
Somewhere , roaming America
I think this is a common situation. I've encountered several trailers (Argosy and Airstream) with this condition. None have had serious frame or floor problems or other symptoms. As far as I can tell, in the absence of obvious signs like popping rivets, a minor bit of slope is typical and harmless.

rluhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 08:44 AM   #5
1 Rivet Member

let sleeping dogs lie......

I think I am going to leave it alone, I checked for any frame twist, and there was none. I have also had the tires balanced and installed a set of centramatics. I doctor friend of mine said " the enemy of good is better ".
mtour is offline   Reply With Quote