Old 07-14-2013, 09:47 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
Robinson , Illinois
Re-introducing myself

Three yrs. ago I bought a Mini 6.0 after a lifetime of tenting. It's a '78 with aluminum floor and vinyl covered aluminum cabinets, and as usual in life it's just kinda in the middle, not an utter catastrophe but in need of some attention.

The axle is worn out, sits at an up angle instead of down. No big deal there, I really don't plan to tow it any significant distance until I have it replaced anyway and axle replacement is probably not at the top of the list. I think I would get the most bang for the buck out of an electrical upgrade, the old Univerter just doesn't keep up. The axle maybe after that, no sign of tail separation that I can see.

The fridge works on electric and propane both, the cookstove works, but I want to replace the gas lines because they look like they got pinched underneath the trailer and that makes rattlehead nervous.

The lighting and other electrical works. The plumbing was fine, someone had run some PEX, but then I didn't get winterized and leaks ensued, so...yeah. The toilet is gone, the dump valves are stuck, and either the black or gray tank has a slow leak (not sure which) again no big deal, I bought a small chemical toilet that fits in the floor pan of the shower which I also don't expect to use in the foreseeable future. Not that I don't shower, it's just that I'm going to spot this guy at a nearby campground year-round, they have a shower house and laundry so it's all good to me.

So here's some pics...

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0245.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	387.4 KB
ID:	190883

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0217.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	402.3 KB
ID:	190884

Anyway, after I bought this dude I joined here and was amazed at what a great resource this forum is for just about anything you might want to know. I ended up selling the trailer to my sister for a while after relocating about 250 miles away. She never did anything with it so I'm buying it back and I'll have it to stay in when I visit. My wife really digs it and we are both excited about using it and fixing it up together.

Old 07-14-2013, 10:01 AM   #2
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
Fresno/Clovis , California
Hey, welcome(again) to the world of Airstreams and Argosys.

Old 07-14-2013, 04:21 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

1964 26' Overlander
Anna , Illinois
Send a message via Yahoo to overlander64
Re-introducing myself

Greetings rattlehead78!

Welcome Back! Always good to hear from another '78 Minuet 6.0 Metre owner.

It looks like you are a few hours North of me . . . have passed near Robinson quite often during my trips between Kankakee, Illinois and Anna, Illinois.

Good luck with your Minuet!

Kevin

P.S.: It looks like you have the original Argosy aluminum step. The theory is that workers in the Argosy factory made these steps for the Minuet from surplus materials.
WBCCI (Lifetime Member)/VAC/Free Wheelers #6359
AIR #827
1964 Overlander International/1999 GMC K2500 Suburban (7400 VORTEC/4.11 Differentials)
1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre/1975 Cadillac Eldorado Convertible (8.2 Liter V8/2.70 Final Drive)
overlander64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 09:28 AM   #4
2 Rivet Member

Robinson , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlander64 View Post
Greetings rattlehead78!

Welcome Back! Always good to hear from another '78 Minuet 6.0 Metre owner.

It looks like you are a few hours North of me . . . have passed near Robinson quite often during my trips between Kankakee, Illinois and Anna, Illinois.

Good luck with your Minuet!

Kevin

P.S.: It looks like you have the original Argosy aluminum step. The theory is that workers in the Argosy factory made these steps for the Minuet from surplus materials.
Yeah the Mini is still in Robinson, I relocated to Cincinnati about 18 months ago. The Mini isn't going to be coming over here with me, so that will slow the restoration process down some. I would be interested in hearing from any Mini owners from Cinci's east side.

Can anybody give me a link to a thread (or something) that gives a really basic explanation of how the electrical system in my Mini actually works ? It's still original, hasn't had any mods done.
Old 07-21-2013, 09:33 AM   #5

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
Welcome back. We hope you have a great time with the Argosy, again.

Brian
WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with HAHA
2005 Suburban 2500 Quadrasteer (Olivia) & 2018 Silverado 2500 (Lillian)
moosetags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 02:50 PM   #6
cwf
Rivet Master

1999 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Hillsboro , Texas
Enjoy!

You may have found your niche. Recovery and feedin new life into a troubled travel trailer... "The Argosy Whisperer".!!!

cwf is offline   Reply With Quote