Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-02-2014, 04:58 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

Tallahassee , Florida
Pano Window Channel

I understand Airstream will not sell the factory part to replace the gasket/channel for our Argosys, so what is the best aftermarket part to use? and who sells it?

Thanks
Dave A.
alfaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 05:27 AM   #2
2 Rivet Member

Tallahassee , Florida
It looks like the Vintage Trailer Supply VTS-511 is the correct width with slot to fit the 3/16 glass, but is 3/8 deep enough for the slot?

Dave
Old 09-03-2014, 10:17 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1972 Argosy 20
Snoqualmie , Washington
I just looked at the panos on our 72, the glass is glazed with what is probably butyl tape, not the part you refer to. Did you lose the glass? If so, what are you using as a replacement?
DryFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 06:21 AM   #4
2 Rivet Member

Tallahassee , Florida
I am replacing the thin polycarbonate the previous owner had installed with glass from a 95 airstream. Its tinted but will be ok for me. The replacement glass's frame has evidence of butyl tape being used, but my 75 clearly has the window channel. Here is a shot from the street side window. I will call Vintage Trailer Supply today to ask their advice.

Thanks
Dave
Old 09-10-2014, 06:07 AM   #5
2 Rivet Member

Tallahassee , Florida
Pano Window

I ordered the 511 part, and started the project by taking out the curbside widow frame with its polycarb window. The previous owner bent the channel trying to get the plastic in.
I can straighten the top and right side frame segments but the lower frame channel is hopelessly bent out and fractured.
Has anyone who replaced their curbside window saved their old frame parts? I only need the lower segment.
Old 12-26-2014, 07:54 AM   #6
2 Rivet Member

Tallahassee , Florida
Pano Window Channel

It's been months since I took the curbside window out and the opening is still covered with taped on plastic. It is time to start working on the Argosy again.

I still have not located a used window channel. I need the lower piece - anyone have one to sell or donate after doing a full window and frame replacement?