Old 11-11-2007, 02:20 PM   #15
Rivet Master

1975 Argosy 24
Collierville , Tennessee
Some nice looking Argosy trailors/campers/coaches/etc. on here. Thanks for info. and advice Jim.

I never learned from a man who agreed with me.
Heinlein
mrmossyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 05:59 PM   #16
Rivet Master

1975 Argosy 24
Collierville , Tennessee
I started painting today and I have to say I'll be glad when a more professional job can be done but it definitely is already loking better than it did.

For anyone who has used the Krylon Ivory Gloss, how did you get it to have a glossy finish? So far I am not that impressed w/ the finish. I am thinking about wet sanding it with a fine sand paper then spraying on another coat and wet sanding w/ a super fine sand paper. After that I'm not sure, I wonder if it could be buffed to provide a glossier finish? Any ideas????
Thanks.

Heinlein
Old 11-12-2007, 07:26 PM   #17
4 Rivet Member

Belington , West Virginia
I would probably just sand and buff the final coat. I painted my water heater door and propane tanks with the same Krylon paint and only achieved what might be called a semi-gloss. The can says something like "no run, no drips, no errors." but when I tried to put it on heavy enough to get a better gloss I got all three.

However, I can't imagine that the rest of the paint on your trailer is all that glossy and ideally you want to match the gloss of the new paint to the rest of the trailer. Also, if you are still planning on a more professional job later on, it may not be worth the extra effort to sand and buff.
Old 11-12-2007, 07:43 PM   #18
Rivet Master

2012 28' International
Currently Looking...
New Orleans , Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmossyone
I started painting today and I have to say I'll be glad when a more professional job can be done but it definitely is already loking better than it did.

For anyone who has used the Krylon Ivory Gloss, how did you get it to have a glossy finish? So far I am not that impressed w/ the finish. I am thinking about wet sanding it with a fine sand paper then spraying on another coat and wet sanding w/ a super fine sand paper. After that I'm not sure, I wonder if it could be buffed to provide a glossier finish? Any ideas????
Thanks.
Try sanding with ultra fine then spray with clear gloss. Much like base coat clear coat. Try a small area first. Be sure to read instructions so as not to lift the fresh paint. Check temp and humidity.
1968 Globetrotter Sold
2011 F150 Ecoboost
Jim Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 08:42 PM   #19
Rivet Master

1975 Argosy 24
Collierville , Tennessee
The painting is still progressing, the weather has not been cooperating. It's either to windy, raining, or to cold to paint when I have time to paint. Now when I have to do something else it is always nice, sunny and calm (no wind). Even so I am close to finishing and I have been able to achieve a glossy finish maybe to glossy considering the rest of camper. I'm hoping a good waxing will bring the rest up to the same level or close. I think it is looking good though. I have just a little bit of the bottom panels on one side left to paint and the trim pieces which will be done by hand. I painted the tanks and the rims to match trim and Argosy emblems. The rims look pretty cool, you can see the red I'm using around and through the holes in the Argosy hubcaps. I will post pictures as soon as I am done. I'm also waiting on the fabric to arrive to do all the curtains and cushions.

Heinlein