Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Argosy Trailers > All Argosy Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-10-2005, 12:05 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

Tampa , Florida
Outsourcing the work...

Hey Gang, long time no type, huh?

I have found that I don't have the time, or know how, to refurbish my Argosy Minuet 6.
Has anyone heard of a place that can do this for me? Preferably in FL?
I'm primarliy looking at new water lines, new dump valve, ensuring the heater/water heater works.
Cosmetics I can handle. However, the plastic is so brittle, it tends to break when I try to do anything.
I'm also unsure of how to repair the slide up doors on the storage compartments.
I really want her to be in tip top shape, I just don't have the time.
I have no clue what all this will put me back, but seeing how my Father in Law 'gave' it to us for nothing, I have no problems coming out of pocket.
wardster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2005, 12:33 PM   #2
Just a member

1978 28' Argosy 28
Lutz , Florida
Send a message via AIM to thenewkid64 Send a message via Yahoo to thenewkid64
Have you considered Walt's RV in Ocala??

He is a factory service facility and can do anything but a repaint of the shell....

352-237-6813
WBCCI #5501 AIR # 49
-------------------------
1978 Argosy 28 foot Motorhome

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something. -- Plato

thenewkid64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 08:14 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

1964 26' Overlander
1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
Anna , Illinois
Send a message via Yahoo to overlander64
Outsourcing the work...

Greetings Warster!

I too outsourced the restoration work on both of my coaches. From what I have heard, Walts RV should be an excellent source. I have heard nothing but good reports about their work.

Another option for interior refurbishing/restoration, that may be a bit of a tow, would be Fowler Interiors. Arlene and Henry Fowler operate the business, and they specialize in Airstreams/Argosys. They refurbished the interiors in both my Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre and '64 Overlander International. On my Minuet, the work included:
  • New Birch Veneer Tambour in upper cabinets with pickled finish.
  • New upholtery and foam for cushions.
  • New solid oak Credenza Table to replace the plastic laminate table that was gradually disintegrating.
  • New Argmstrong Laminate Floor Covering over Quiet Step Underlayment.
  • Refinishing front interior dome.
  • New screens and fuzzies at all windows.
  • White Glove Cleaning of entire interior.

Fowler Interiors is located in Symsonia, KY -- a few miles East of Paducah, KY about 10-minutes from Interstate 24. They are regular advertisers in the Blue Beret, or you can contact them via e-mail at:

fowlerinteriors@hcis.net

Arlene and Henry are both perfectionists, and I have been absolutely thrilled with the work that they have done on my coaches.

Good luck with your Minuet!

Kevin
WBCCI (Lifetime Member)/VAC #7864
AIR #827
1964 Overlander International
1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
overlander64 is offline   Reply With Quote